Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2018, 23:58   #421
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

Competed 600 kms in my Amaze diesel CVT today. FE has increased from 14 to 15.7. Last time when I got the FE of 14, my drive was a bit sedate. However with a bit of aggressive driving, I'm seeing a FE of 15.7. Shouldn't this be the other way around?

Looks like the console always shows 1 kmpl more than the real world figures.

Noticed a nagging problem with the HU. Even though my Android phone is paired to the HU, whenever I make a call the HU asks whether to switch to handsfree mode. If I do not select Yes in the HU within 3 secs of initiating the call, handsfree mode will not get activated. Looks like there is no option to always use handsfree mode when phone is paired.

Overall the HU experience has been excellent so far. Even the BT streaming is lag free, and found no glitches with prolonged use.
scorpion_blore is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 08:04   #422
Senior - BHPian

Honda Amaze Automatic in Strong Demand, Registers 15k Bookings Overall

Quote:
Petrol automatic and diesel automatic make up 26 percent of Amaze’s 15,000 bookings so far. Has prioritized production of the compact sedan to meet the demand.
Quote:
The petrol-diesel sales split is 64-36, but the big news is the increase in the uptake of automatic transmission Amazes. As per the initial bookings, the manual-automatic split is 74-26.
Quote:
While the petrol-manual in mid-spec S trim is the version in most demand (19 percent of all bookings), in general, customers are opting for higher V and VX versions. The trend is sure to have Honda officials consider the top-spec VX trim for introduction on the automatic versions as well.
Quote:
Though Honda has said it will utilise its full capacity to meet customer demand at the earliest, the waiting period for the Amaze is well above 40 days even in key markets.
Source
CarguyNish is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 11:30   #423
Senior - BHPian

The new Amaze is good but still for some reason I will, any day, pick New Dzire over this. May be because of Maruti's A.S.S. My friend has the old Dzire with him and he is thinking of replacing it with new one, this shows fan following for Dzire.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th June 2018 at 17:24. Reason: Post fixed. Typos, grammar.
aniketi is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th June 2018, 12:12   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
The new Amaze is good but still for some reason I will, any day, pick New Dzire over this. May be because of Maruti's A.S.S. My friend has the old Dzire with him and he is thinking of replacing it with new one, this shows fan following for Dzire..
You are entitled to have your view but all your posts are 110% biased towards Maruti. No offense, but this is my view from seeing your posts since last few years.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th June 2018 at 17:24. Reason: Quote fixed. Post fixed.
karanraheja is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 12:51   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
You are entitled to have your view but all your posts are 110% biased towards Maruti. No offense, but this is my view from seeing your posts since last few years..

May be yes, great observation. I am using Maruti cars for the last 20 years now (M800, Omni, Zen, Dzire and Ertiga. Presently owning the last 2 cars) and believe it or not but I don't have a single failure or bad experience with any of those cars.
All are very fuel efficient and trouble free for all their life. Never find any issues with their A.S.S. in Pune. May be due to that I am biased with Maruti cars. Other issue is when I bought Dzire and Ertiga (which I myself bought, others where bought by my father), I checked all options in market but didn't find any good options at that time. Recently, when I bought Ertiga, I checked Mobilio but didn't like it due to many issues. Enjoy was out of question and Innova is out of question due to budget.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th June 2018 at 17:26. Reason: Quote fixed. Post fixed for readability. Multiple issues, i-> I.
Old 13th June 2018, 13:07   #426
BHPian

Any idea when the official Team-BHP review for the Amaze will be out? Looking forward to this one!
Old 13th June 2018, 13:23   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
Any idea when the official Team-BHP review for the Amaze will be out? Looking forward to this one!
Yes, I get it. We are all desperately waiting for it! I'm guessing it should be here by end of this month. Maybe it's the Yaris first and then the Amaze.

When it's comes to these official reviews, 'Patience is the virtue'. But definitely worth the wait.
Old 15th June 2018, 09:57   #428
Senior - BHPian

Guys, one of my colleagues at workplace is debating between the Jazz and the new Amaze. He is also confused over the Petrol vs Diesel debate given that Amaze offers the Diesel CVT as well.

How is the Build quality of the Amaze in comparison with the Jazz and Honda City? Is the new Amaze lighter than the previous generation?

Note, he is not worried about comparing the build/metal frame with a Tata/Mahindra or German cars but within the Honda stable is the new Amaze on par with City and Jazz at least?
Old 15th June 2018, 10:31   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Guys, one of my colleagues at workplace is debating between the Jazz and the new Amaze. He is also confused over the Petrol vs Diesel debate given that Amaze offers the Diesel CVT as well.

How is the Build quality of the Amaze in comparison with the Jazz and Honda City? Is the new Amaze lighter than the previous generation?

Note, he is not worried about comparing the build/metal frame with a Tata/Mahindra or German cars but within the Honda stable is the new Amaze on par with City and Jazz at least?
Jazz is a premium hatchback, and Amaze a compact sedan. So one would obviously feel the difference in cabin & overall feel.
Variant vs variant, Jazz is costlier & heavier by 100+ kgs than the new Amaze.
That weight difference may make Amaze feel more eager & nimble than Jazz, especially when both share the same engine & transmission options (except Jazz Diesel which has a 6 speed MT box)
Question is what has Honda removed or changed to free up that 100 kg weight, where the dimensions of both cars are comparable.

Last edited by blackasta : 15th June 2018 at 10:35.
blackasta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 12:48   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

Jazz, City and HR-V (Vezel) are based on same platform. Fit (Jazz) and HR-V (Vezel) are available in more mature markets across world, whereas City is more of an Asean specific model.

Amaze platform is made specifically for Emerging new Car markets who are primarily on lookout for more value for money Car. That being said, it can be assumed that this platform might not match Jazz platform on all fronts.

Jazz VX (D) vs New Amaze VX (D)
Automatic - Amaze
Space - Jazz
Magic Seats - Jazz (Adjustable rear headrest on Jazz)
Push Start/Stop - Amaze
Cruise Control - Amaze
Speed sensing door locks - Amaze
Digipad 2.0 (AA and AC) - Amaze
Better NVH of diesel - Amaze (from reviews based on modifications to i-Dtec)
Rear armrest - Amaze
Front armrest - Both miss it
Ride quality - Amaze would be more cushier (Opinion from reviews)
Alloys - Better looking on Jazz

New Amaze VX (D) vs WR-V VX (D)
Automatic - Amaze
Space - WR-V
Magic Seats - Both miss it (Fixed rear headrests for both)
Push Start/Stop - Both
Cruise Control - Both
Speed sensing door locks - Both
Digipad 2.0 (AA and AC) - Amaze (WR-V misses on AA and AC)
Rear armrest - Amaze
Front armrest - WR-V
Sunroof - WR-V
Better NVH of diesel - Amaze (from reviews based on modifications to i-Dtec)
Ride quality - WR-V would be more cushier I believe.
Alloys - 16 inch diamond cut on WR-V
Ground Clearance - WR-V

If Diesel MT, then WR-V
If Diesel AT, then Amaze
If Petrol MT, WR-V then Amaze then Jazz
If Petrol AT, Amaze then Jazz

There is no particular model in Honda line-up which will give complete satisfaction. Sorry to have confused you even more.

Note :- I own Jazz VX (P) 2016. Honestly I don't like looks of WR-V, but it gets all the missing features in Jazz, hence my recommendation.

Last edited by varunswnt : 15th June 2018 at 12:53.
varunswnt is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 13:13   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Noticed a nagging problem with the HU. Even though my Android phone is paired to the HU, whenever I make a call the HU asks whether to switch to handsfree mode. If I do not select Yes in the HU within 3 secs of initiating the call, handsfree mode will not get activated. Looks like there is no option to always use handsfree mode when phone is paired.
Did you try initiating the call from the music system itself? I noticed this as well, but as a fix, found that initiating the call from either the speed dial or the recent contacts etc. didn't come up with this.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 21:20   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Did you try initiating the call from the music system itself? I noticed this as well, but as a fix, found that initiating the call from either the speed dial or the recent contacts etc. didn't come up with this.
Please check if something like below is available.

new hondas in the USA have a setting for this in AVN.

We can choose placing/answering the call between

• always transfer to phone
• always transfer to car
• dont transfer (ie stay with either AVN or phone that you used to place/answer)

I dont remember what is the default setting but it is not “always transfer to car” and it is very annoying to use the phone in the car. This setting fixes that.
Comrade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 20:31   #433
BHPian

FE during the first refill was 14. It increased to 15.7 during the second refill, and 16.3 during the third refill. All these recordings are from my daily commute to office during bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Took the car out for a 1-day trip today. FE jumped to 21.7. At one point in time, the console was showing the FE at 24.5, and it later decreased to around 23.5 at the end of the trip. I believe I could have squeezed a bit more on the FE part if it was not for the 15-20 minute period where I left the car idling with AC set to "Max Cool" so that my daughter could sleep in the rear seat. However I believe 21.7 is still a good figure for highway runs.
scorpion_blore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 20:48   #434
BANNED

I visited the showroom yesterday as one of my relative is in process of buying a Honda Amaze V MT I-Dtec. There is a lot of room inside the car and the seats are comfortable. However, I feel that the plastic quality is not good and the sheet material too felt very thin. The design is different from other cars in the segment and I liked it. I think this car can give a hard completion to the Maruti Dzire.
TDCIfever is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2018, 11:26   #435
Team-BHP Support

I got a test drive of the new Amaze Petrol manual. I actually asked the dealer to bring the Jazz and Amaze both for a back to back comparo.

The Amaze is much improved over the earlier car. Feels much more grown up. Most apparent is the suspension setup which was clearly on the firmer side. It had way more damping than before and even more than the Jazz. Felt stiffer.

Performance wise both were similar. Nothing much to talk of the 1.2L i-VTEC. It needs to be wrung by it's neck to get any moving else it's dead at low rpm's in both cars.

Amaze interiors are much improved now and feels like a proper sedan. The design is where I think Honda has done well. Parked next to the Jazz there's no way one can tell both are same sized. The Amaze looks like a proper sedan and the width and square design work in giving it a much more executive look.

The difference between the 2 becomes apparent when you spend some time with the Jazz. On a short drive anyone will feel the Amaze is now better than the Jazz but it's when you spend more time that you realise the Jazz still feels better and more premium. The Jazz isolates you from the road and mechanicals better. There's clearly better insulation and it feels more absorbent of the roads. Refinement is marginally better in terms of engine NVH as well as road noise. The interior quality has a touch better feel and the large glass house and City feel make it feel like a City inside. Overall the Jazz edges the Amaze in feel but design is where the Amaze has the upper hand.

A person who wants a sedan will have a tough choice. The Jazz is the better car but the looks and shape of the Amaze are clearly what the buyer wants.

This will hurt the Jazz sales and after spending time with it, you realise it's a very capable car.
Vid6639 is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks