Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2018, 09:54   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda Amaze zooms in May sales figures, enough numbers to be just behind the segment best Seller Maruti Suzuki's Dzire.
But seems it has cannibalized part of Honda City's volumes, but too early to infer though.

Attachment 1769008

Source:Auto Punditz
Dzire still seem to be unaffected. numbers are still high at 24K. Apart from Dzire, rest of the cars in this segment never sold in large numbers so i am curious how did honda manage 8K extra sales. Someone should have taken a hit for sure
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 10:05   #407
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Dzire still seem to be unaffected. numbers are still high at 24K. Apart from Dzire, rest of the cars in this segment never sold in large numbers so i am curious how did honda manage 8K extra sales. Someone should have taken a hit for sure
Too early to start calculating. These are initial factory dispatches. Clearly Honda has given priority to Amaze production last month to clear the initial booking backlog.

A couple more months are required to see the actual sales and where it stabilizes.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 18:40   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
After a long wait, finally got delivery of the new Amaze diesel V CVT in Golden Brown color.
Congratulations on the delivery of your new Amaze. The car looks really good.

Can you share some information about:-
1) Are the DRLs always on if the headlights switch is in the first position or there is a dedicated switch to on/off?
2) If possible, can you put a night-time pic with the lights switched on? Just wanted find out how the overall assembly looks at night.
3) By any chance, did you happen to search for bucket/3D mats for Honda Amaze in aftermarket is they are available.
For the time-being I'm planning to use my old Amaze's bucket mats on the new one for immediate/post delivery use due to rainy season. But certainly opt for a perfect-fit later.
Old 7th June 2018, 19:07   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kautilya View Post
1) Are the DRLs always on if the headlights switch is in the first position or there is a dedicated switch to on/off?
DRLs are not always ON. There is a dedicated toggle option provided for that along with the headlights.

Quote:
3) By any chance, did you happen to search for bucket/3D mats for Honda Amaze in aftermarket is they are available.
For the time-being I'm planning to use my old Amaze's bucket mats on the new one for immediate/post delivery use due to rainy season. But certainly opt for a perfect-fit later.
Will try to share this soon

Quote:
This is something I've been really struggling with. The options available on the market other than Honda dealers is very slim. IIRC Honda has something called "Essential Package" which comes with 2 pillows and fabric mats. The dealer has provided fabric kind of mat (although of premium quality) in beige colour. Bucket style mats from Honda costs around 3.5k. I'm thinking of getting a dark colored noodle mat or other such alternative in the near future.
scorpion_blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 20:53   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Bucket style mats from Honda costs around 3.5k. I'm thinking of getting a dark colored noodle mat or other such alternative in the near future.
If you can, wait for aftermarket lot. I got my current Amaze's very good quality, perfect fit 3D mats for INR 1200. 3.5k seems outrageous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Too early to start calculating. These are initial factory dispatches. Clearly Honda has given priority to Amaze production last month to clear the initial booking backlog.

A couple more months are required to see the actual sales and where it stabilizes.
You're right. it is too early to infer anything from these figures. Also comparing Honda's May figures with Apr-Mar may not be correct as there was a lot of anticipation of the new Amaze in these months. In fact they did not dispatch a single Amaze in Apr which normally does 3k units. Hence that should be factored in May ~10k volume. Also Honda must have sent TD cars to dealers. 375 dealerships having at least 3 Test cars each means more than 1000 in number. On top; Jazz, WR-v and City saw decline of 1k each. Also Amaze's introductory price for first 20k is available only if the delivery is before July end. So it is natural that Honda would like to prioritize 20k deliveries of Amaze by that time.

We hope things to settle for Honda with an overall high as they seem to be making a real genuine effort.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th June 2018 at 22:01. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 7th June 2018, 22:41   #411
BHPian

Just completed 350 kms today. The real world FE stands at 14 KMPL. Note that the calculation is done from the method recommended by T-BHP. I filled diesel till the auto cut-off got triggered, reset the trip meter, drove till the fuel indicator reduced to less than half, and then filled fuel till the auto cut-off triggered at the same fuel station.

My daily commute of 70 kms takes me through some of the densest traffic in Bangalore. I was expecting at least 16 KMPL in city conditions. I'm a bit disappointed with the FE of 14 in city driving conditions.
scorpion_blore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 23:13   #412
BHPian

FE should improve post run-in period. And it also depends on idling period in traffic. How much did the instrument cluster show and does that match with what you calculated using real-world method?
Old 8th June 2018, 06:36   #413
BHPian

Quote:
FE should improve post run-in period. And it also depends on idling period in traffic. How much did the instrument cluster show and does that match with what you calculated using real-world method?
The cluster showed FE of 16.3, whereas I got 14. Looks like the cluster shows more FE than the real world figures.

My old Ritz petrol engine used to give 10-12 KMPL under same driving conditions, and MSIL claimed ARAI FE is around 17 for that engine.
Similarly, I expected 16-17 for Amaze since Honda claimed ARAI mileage is 24.
scorpion_blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 11:50   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm a bit disappointed with the FE of 14 in city driving conditions.
It would be slightly disappointing if it was a MT Diesel but with CVT diesel i think its a decent no. Also give it some more time to actual come to know the consistent mileage. If i were you i would be happy with 14-15 when im driving a CVT diesel
karanraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 20:01   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

My relative in Kolkata saw their VX MT petrol today at the stockyard and noted it had MRF tyres. Is this normal or should they insist on a quick swap to Bridgestones? Any ideas?

No pictures unfortunately!
Old 9th June 2018, 20:36   #416
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I test drove the Diesel CVT Honda Amaze V with Bhpian ycj yesterday. Here are a few observations-

1. Amaze doesn't feel cheap anymore. The earlier generation was built to a cost which was visible everywhere.

2. The design is fresh and gets the family look. The earlier car also felt proportionate but this feels much better. Although I wasn't too impressed with the front end.

3. Interior and boot space was more than adequate. Much better than the Ameo. The interior space was worth the 10.5L rupee tag of the Diesel CVT V.

4. The interior layout and touch felt much better than the outgoing car.

5. I-Dtec as we all know is noisy but very frugal. Now clubbed with a CVT, it drove well. Lag is negligible like before. Drivability on tap is decent. Rubber band effect is prominent when you push the throttle but for regular driving the CVT+ 1.5 i-dtec seemed really good. Even after pushing the car a lot the MID figures didn't drop below 15kmpl. Overall the combo is decent and much better than the AMT's.

6. The NVH has definitely improved over the earlier applications of the 1.5 I-dtec. Even with the engine pushed and the rubber band effect coming into play the nvh was acceptable. There is always a scope for improvement but it's much better than the earlier Cars.

7. The suspension felt a lil stiff which also enhanced the highway manners. It's a balanced setup.

Overall I am mighty impressed with Honda after ages. The Amaze diesel might just be a revival point for Honda. With the CVT in place for both petrol and diesel it will be a strong selling point. The feature list for the price is pretty good too. The S variant also gets the CVT and safety features are standard across the range. The Diesel CVT is paisa vasool given the features, economy and peace of mind.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 20:45   #417
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the 2018 Amaze Petrol manual, the car now truly lives upto its name and is truly amazing.

Compact outside and super spacious inside, gives an almost identical interior comfort of the current gen Honda City. That extended wheelbase makes a huge difference. At the same time, Honda has managed to provide a huge bootspace, all within the sub 4 meter frame, Honda has mastered the art of carving out space.

The doors don't have that tinny feel of the outgoing model and has 1 liter size bottle holders on all 4 doors. Fit and finish of the door panels is excellent. Panel gaps felt consistent.

They could have somehow squeezed in that center arm rest between the front seats, the arm rest at the rear is just like the City and is very plush. Rear seat incline is perfect and is comfort level is top class.
They could have provided adjustable headrests at the rear instead of fixed ones, better not to be stingy in skipping this.

The suspension setup also felt tuned more towards comfort and is much softer and plusher compared to the City which is quite stiff in comparison and gradually becomes softer with usage, atleast in my case. They have managed to hit the right spot in providing that comfortable ride.

I like the importance given to safety features and standardization of Safety features across all variants from the lowest to the highest trim. This is the right direction for OEMs

Honda has really raised the bar of C1 segment with the 2018 Amaze and have a winner . It will likely end up giving sleepless nights to the Suzuki Dzire sales team in the days ahead.
Honda are you listening? You got to step up production to meet the sales boom.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 10th June 2018 at 20:55.
for_cars1 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 21:40   #418
BHPian

I have booked the V CVT Diesel. Booking experience was good. Test drove the vehicle and was happy with the drive experience. I felt totally comfortable riding the car. This is my first car and am looking forward to owning it.
Nazzy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 14:15   #419
BHPian

Last week, I was checking the new Amaze. One thought came to my mind after seeing the design of Grill. It is is so perpendicular that can have effect in the aerodynamic coefficient. Anyone can have any thought on this?
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 22:28   #420
BHPian

My cousin booked Amaze Diesel recently. However, he is in two minds. He, now plans to delay his delivery because of the new version has reverse gear slotting issue or gives an abnormal noise when reverse gear is used. Has any one heard of any such issue? I have a iVtec City 2012 version. I have never faced reverse gear slotting issue.
keeprevving is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks