Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2018, 14:31   #181
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: The Toyota Yaris. EDIT: Prices start at Rs. 8.75 lakh

I don't think the launch is going to happen in April either.

Thanks to Shreeharsha for sharing! He says that the launch is on 18th May (deliveries will also start on 18th May). However, test-drive cars will be available at dealerships from 25th April onward.

Last edited by GTO : 30th March 2018 at 14:33.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 10:26   #182
Senior - BHPian

Is Toyota planning to Price Yaris between 13-17L ex-showroom range? This is the number Toyota representative gave when they called.
Old 3rd April 2018, 11:18   #183
BHPian

Toyota Yaris @ Auto Expo 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Is Toyota planning to Price Yaris between 13-17L ex-showroom range? This is the number Toyota representative gave when they called.

13-17L ex-show for a petrol c-segment sedan looks way too optimistic. I believe it's a wrong quote. It will be dead of arrival even if it's a toyota, at these prices.

Last edited by Waspune : 3rd April 2018 at 11:22.
Waspune is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 11:54   #184
BHPian

Quote:
I think it's bit optimistic on the part of the representative honestly. They will need to price it at par or at a bit more premium to the City. Else Yaris can certainly have a great time at the showroom. Why would someone pay this money when there is the City on one hand and Corolla at the other spectrum?
Old 3rd April 2018, 12:09   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would rather say 13-17L might be the OTR price in tax heavy places like Karnataka.

But Toyota being Toyota, they might repeat history
Old 3rd April 2018, 13:01   #186
Senior - BHPian

According to him it is ex-show room. 13L for manual and top end Auto for 17L.
Old 3rd April 2018, 13:06   #187
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I don't think the launch is going to happen in April either.

Thanks to Shreeharsha for sharing! He says that the launch is on 18th May (deliveries will also start on 18th May). However, test-drive cars will be available at dealerships from 25th April onward.
I was told by Radha Krishna Toyota that the Yaris would be launched on the 19th of April and deliveries would start immediately. Only time will tell !!!

Quote:
Price for the VX variant is expected to be around Rs. 15.00 Lakhs ( on road).
As told by TKM to Radha Krishna
Old 3rd April 2018, 13:36   #188
BHPian

Prices are going to be on par with City, this is something a Toyota executive had told during the AutoExpo 2018.
Old 3rd April 2018, 18:28   #189
BHPian

I expect the prices to start at 8.99 lakh (so that's more than the Honda) going upto 14.99 for the top end CVT. At this price the initial craze should mimic that of the Etios petrol when it first came out. If it's any higher than 10lakh starting price I don't see it becoming number 1 in the segment. Being a Toyota it should garner decent sales none the less considering the bland Etios still sells around 2k unit after 8 years.
Old 3rd April 2018, 21:45   #190
BHPian

If they price it significantly higher than the City, then City sales will increase. Kind of like how i20 1st sales increased when Honda priced Jazz higher. There is a term for this effect in marketing - something like "anchoring".
Old 3rd April 2018, 21:52   #191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

No, I don't think so. I have a feeling that Toyota HQ now sees Indian market differently then what they used to think before.

They have to be aggressive in this segment if they want to be seen as a volume player. Remember Hyundai has done pretty well and not many customers will give them a large double-digit premium and certainly not over Honda.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 14:33   #192
Senior - BHPian

Hope they don't bring this TRD to the Indian shores. Too much 'in your face' design.
Attached Thumbnails
The Toyota Yaris. EDIT: Prices start at Rs. 8.75 lakh-bims2018_toyota_ativ_trd31200x800.jpg  

The Toyota Yaris. EDIT: Prices start at Rs. 8.75 lakh-bims2018_toyota_ativ_trd41200x800.jpg  

Old 5th April 2018, 11:59   #193
BHPian

Toyota might have made TRD a luxury item. The Fortuner has a TRD version, but not the Innova Crysta (it has a Touring Sport version). For all you know, a Yaris variant might be a 'Tour' version ala Maruti Dzire .

On a less light note ... why wouldn't Toyota continue with the diesel Etios, even beyond 2020 with a BSVI upgrade? They have factories abroad manufacturing it, and commercial users here already willingly paying for its import.

Do the recent Yaris pricing speculations take into account that there will be no J or even G versions? Only V & VX? I, for one, can't see how they can price V below 10 lakhs to avoid the 1% TCS taxation; I think they will price VX as high as they possibly can, and price V well below it & drop enough equipment to make you sell yourself the VX - I have seen Toyota salespeople willingly pushing the lower variants, so V may well have good profit margins in and of itself. But it will be interesting if Toyota can actually win over both top-end Ciaz buyers with the V as well top-end City buyers with the VX! A coup if there ever was one!

But they would have to pull the plug on the petrol Platinum Etios; otherwise, I, for one, might hypothetically again be tempted by the simpler-looking Etios (enjoying it for the past several months ), with the same mechanicals but at a couple of lakhs less than the Yaris. It might also make sense to only manufacture the Yaris variant of the petrol engine & forget about the old-school Etios variant.

Isn't the Etios/Yaris engine block identical to the Prius C's? If they want to (biiiiig if!), Toyota might have a clear path to its cheapest hybrid car in India. It is not like in other markets; a less-powerful engine doesn't make or break a car's fate in India, so maybe it will be the Corolla that gets it (and sells a bit more via the Suzuki partnership).
Old 5th April 2018, 16:08   #194
BHPian

I spoke to a Toyota dealer in Bangalore and was given an estimate similar to the ones above (I was told 12L - 17L). If the idea is to take on the City, and bridge the gap between Etios & Altis, I'm not sure this pricing will work.

A conspiratorial thought is that perhaps the dealers are being asked to give higher estimates (since they will not be held to these) and the when the actual prices are revealed, perhaps 2L lower, it'll be a 'wow' moment for people who have enquired.
Old 5th April 2018, 21:10   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwaka View Post
I spoke to a Toyota dealer in Bangalore and was given an estimate similar to the ones above (I was told 12L - 17L). If the idea is to take on the City, and bridge the gap between Etios & Altis, I'm not sure this pricing will work.

A conspiratorial thought is that perhaps the dealers are being asked to give higher estimates (since they will not be held to these) and the when the actual prices are revealed, perhaps 2L lower, it'll be a 'wow' moment for people who have enquired.
As someone earlier said it could be OTR which is high in Bangalore owing to taxes. 12-17 OTR means <10 to 13 ex showroom which should be the range. And indeed if true <10 ex showroom for V would be very good and bang in City VMT territory.

~m
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks