Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2018, 22:11   #1066
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

30,00,00,000- so far collected in Harrier bookings dealers in Class A towns reporting between 200 to 250 PER dealer so far, with the launch still 3 months away. Amazing.
Hexa quality paying off. Only prayer is they give a dead pedal space, something they forgot to give in the manual Hexa variant .
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 22:37   #1067
BHPian

Did anyone who booked online got a call from the respective dealers? I booked on the same day of booking launch and KHT BLR hasn't called me yet to collect the documents
Old 21st October 2018, 22:46   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I thought there is no 4WD! For H5X or H7X??
There is based on the below Pics.

Name:  TataHarrierdashboardspied.jpg  12801024 .png
Views: 5753
Size:  99.6 KB

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tatahexadrivemodes.jpg

The first one is the Hexa drive mode selector where the rough mode icon is present. It we compare with the Harrier drive mode selector there are two similar icons which suggest more than 2 rough ride modes. The is a switch too right next to it which suggests engaging the 4WD low range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
30,00,00,000- so far collected in Harrier bookings dealers in Class A towns reporting between 200 to 250 PER dealer so far, with the launch still 3 months away.
Can you please mention the source too?

Last edited by ajmat : 21st October 2018 at 23:08.
Old 21st October 2018, 22:59   #1069
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Did anyone who booked online got a call from the respective dealers? I booked on the same day of booking launch and KHT BLR hasn't called me yet to collect the documents
I did get a call from the dealer after 4-5 days of the booking but they had zilch information about the car or me. The lady didn't even know that I had made an online booking and had instead called to ask about my booking experience with them. She was at a loss of words when I told her that I made an online booking and no one has called me yet regarding any documents etc. She just said someone will call and if any issue I can call her. But 4-5 have gone by and still no calls from the dealership. Since the launch is still a few months away, I am also not pursuing it actively with the dealership. But does scare me a bit as on even a busy day, Tata showrooms do not get as many footfalls/enquiries as a Maruti/Hyundai showroom does. And here a customer is giving them 30k without even seeing the car and they are unable to reach out to the customer.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 23:18   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
But does scare me a bit as on even a busy day, Tata showrooms do not get as many footfalls/enquiries as a Maruti/Hyundai showroom does. And here a customer is giving them 30k without even seeing the car and they are unable to reach out to the customer.
This is the exact same point that scares me as well, they talked so much about turnaround and it’s been 1 week and I don’t see the dealers making an effort to reach out. I am point out dealer here because , we clearly chose the dealer to associate our booking and I think they should at least have our phone numbers by now. I will give it 1 more week before walking into the Whitefield showroom to volunteer with my documents
Old 21st October 2018, 23:27   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
The is a switch too right next to it which suggests engaging the 4WD low range.
4WD, probably yes. But really I doubt the 'low range'. None of the soft roaders would have low range. I will be happy to be proven wrong

Last edited by Guna : 21st October 2018 at 23:39.
Old 21st October 2018, 23:52   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
4WD, probably yes. But really I doubt the 'low range'. None of the soft roaders would have low range.
But then Tata has been marketing its offroad credentials extensively. Softroaders dont go wading nor do they get onto a beach.

Besides what else would the switch be for so close to the modes switch. In the Hexa 4x4 which has a high range there is no separate switch but just the mode selector. On the Safari there is a 3 way wheel so I believe its for the low range. Also the transmission tunnel for a FWD layout suggests a 4WD.
Old 22nd October 2018, 00:03   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
This is the exact same point that scares me as well, they talked so much about turnaround and it’s been 1 week and I don’t see the dealers making an effort to reach out. I am point out dealer here because , we clearly chose the dealer to associate our booking and I think they should at least have our phone numbers by now. I will give it 1 more week before walking into the Whitefield showroom to volunteer with my documents
I got a call from Concord motors Hyderabad 4 days back. They asked me to reach out to them if I had any queries.
Old 22nd October 2018, 03:32   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I did get a call from the dealer after 4-5 days of the booking but they had zilch information about the car or me.
Sorry dude, my recent experiences with TATA suggest dealership experience is pathetic. I have to do a summersault to get any info regarding hexa that I eventually bought in January. All I had to do was make some noise on Twitter, fb and here on our forum to elicit right response from the manufacturer.

Let your apprehensiveness not ruin the day. Just call them all the time if you need info. It's your dough at the end of the day. I still wonder why can't they streamline a process to deal with customers.

The other workable solution is to share your booking reference directly with the TATA online team on their website and they will coordinate with the dealer and you will get a assured call back from senior management.

I know it's a maze, but its the machine, that you will eventually get that makes it forget the hardship. Chill out dude.

Last edited by doxinboy : 22nd October 2018 at 03:36.
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 09:32   #1075
BHPian

If I recall right, Isuzu had launched their massive dmax vcross at sub 17 lacs on road in Bangalore. This vehicle was a beast with 4wd with high and low range with a 2.5 ltr engine. If that can be done by Isuzu which may have some engine/ gear box related components imported, I presume Tata should be able to get this Harrier at lower price points with high levels of localisation.
Old 22nd October 2018, 09:49   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Sorry dude, my recent experiences with TATA suggest dealership experience is pathetic.
It is obvious to look for special customer care for all those who are putting their 30k. Tata Motors should have understood it, but it looks it is an advance-booking plan executed in hurry, so that some customers out in the market to shop in the festive season can be lured away from Harrier competitors.

Otherwise, you will find TaMo is now far superior in the customer care department, and they mean it, just ask the existing customers at large. Also, the launch is quite far from now (almost 3 months), hence we act to be little less curious and demanding at this point of time.
kbishwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 13:24   #1077
BHPian

Well..TATA seems to be making right noises and that too at right places. This huge one is at one of the busiest place in Kochi/Trptra and the poster cannot be simply missed.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20181022_110742937_hdr.jpg  

RaghuVis is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 13:44   #1078
BHPian

Any update on the JTP version? were the black alloy test mules which they were testing in Bangalore are JTP? Any ideas if Tata will launch it with the regular version. Any update on AWD/4WD
Old 22nd October 2018, 16:24   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Well..TATA seems to be making right noises and that too at right places. This huge one is at one of the busiest place in Kochi/Trptra and the poster cannot be simply missed.
Is this at Pettah? Looks cool though
Old 22nd October 2018, 17:37   #1080
BHPian

Tata Harrier new Video by TML

NATRAX Teaser

A bit more about NATRAX here : http://www.natrip.in/index.php/2013-.../natrax-indore

The National Automotive Test Tracks (NATRAX-Indore) will be a world-class automotive proving ground setup on 4,140 acres land for comprehensive testing and evaluation of all type of vehicles. The site is located between NH-3 and N-59 and well connected with road. The facility will have all types of surface type to test vehicles against varying terrains and stringency. The core of the facility is the oval 4-lane high speed track of 13.6 Km designed for a neutral speed of 250 kmph on curves. The large part of test load on this facility is related to evaluation of automotive performance such as max speed, acceleration, brake efficiency, noise, vibration, handling, stability etc. NATRAX will be the Center Of Excellence for Vehicle Dynamics. NATRiP has planned an expenditure of about Rs.Rs.500 Crores to create this world class facility

Facilities at the center:

1. Vehicle Dynamics Lab (Center of Excellence).
2. R&DTracks (Proving Ground).
3. NVH (testing on tracks).
4. Fatigue (Testing on tracks).
5. Powertrain Lab.

Last edited by uday.ere : 22nd October 2018 at 17:42. Reason: Adding Info
uday.ere is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks