Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2018, 10:57   #1096
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Should be for fine-tuning their marketing focus.

Many such questions about this segment can be answered for Tata from this exercise. And more importantly, the potential customer feels good as he was contacted by the company for the response he has shown.

Proper win-win scenario.
Could not agree more!! Another aspect could be to fine tune the model range. If during the survey session many customers are demanding/requesting a particular feature (diesel auto in the top variant or a sunroof, for example) they might tune the range to include these features.

Recalled couple of questions:
1. What car do you current drive
2. Name of your organisation and designation.

Like you so rightly said, it did made me feel good that Tata is being pro-active and reaching out to customers. More so as we have trusted their brand without having seen or felt the car in person. This augers well for potential customers.
hiren.mistry is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:19   #1097
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranava VS View Post

I'm in a massive confusion between the Harrier and the Hexa.... I really don't need a 6+ seater on a day to day life
Some thoughts for you :
The two vehicles are designed for different segments. Hexa is a people mover for large families, long distance taxi service etc. Harrier is aimed at individuals looking for a value for money SUV in the mid segment. Its likely to be more agile, efficient and with features targeted at people who like to drive themselves.

They have figured out the size very smartly making every thing from Creta to Tiguan a potential target.

I strongly recommend to go with your instinct to wait for the Harrier before....
Inder7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:30   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranava VS View Post
Concern with Hexa is what Tata motors might look at doing with it over the next 3 years; especially with the Harrier 7 seater version coming up
Given that there is no report of a test mule and no official announcement from Tata on the 7 seater and looking at Harriers timelines the 7 seater looks unlikely before 2019 and may even go to 2020. The new variant announced on the Hexa also suggests that they plan to continue Hexa. Also IMO the Hexa is a crossover(a very capable one having some SUV traits but a crossover nevertheless) and hence a different product line from the Harrier 7 seat which is an SUV so a different proposition.

I think Tata should keep both the SUV and the crossover lines intact. I also think their silence on the 7 seater and its positioning is hurting them as it would help buyers decide on either and buy one. This might also result in buyers looking for another brand given the wait.
nainan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 12:24   #1099
BHPian

Just received the call from Pune, Guess they are going through this forum carefully, apart from already mentioned questions, i was asked, if KHT BLR try to get in touch with me, or did they mail me with any details, i replied in negative. also for the variant choice , i did tell them that i prefer diesel AT with Panaromic Sunroof. I will be thrilled if they bring in Diesel AT with Panoramic Sunroof at launch. My booking will get converted to sales for sure. If not, the wait for facelifted Tucson will continue.
v6kgang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 12:27   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Just received the call from Pune, Guess they are going through this forum carefully, apart from already mentioned questions, i was asked, if KHT BLR try to get in touch with me, or did they mail me with any details, i replied in negative. also for the variant choice , i did tell them that i prefer diesel AT with Panaromic Sunroof. I will be thrilled if they bring in Diesel AT with Panoramic Sunroof at launch. My booking will get converted to sales for sure. If not, the wait for facelifted Tucson will continue.
Why not the current Tucson, I thought they are giving the panoramic sunroof in the top variant. Is it because their AT variants lack punch? I wish they give all the goodies in the MT variant.
Old 23rd October 2018, 12:35   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Why not the current Tucson, I thought they are giving the panoramic sunroof in the top variant. Is it because their AT variants lack punch? I wish they give all the goodies in the MT variant.
The Current Tucson is way too bland for approx 30L On-road in Bangalore. I am OK with the diesel not being punchy, but i cannot tolerate another duster for years to come (interior blandness perspective). Also, the Low speed ride was way too bumpy, may be the test drive car, but it wasn't to my comfort.
If the facelift adds some Jazz to the cabin and retains all bells and whistles, from current variant, then they've got my money. Of course, this being Harrier thread, They need to match the price as well with Tata for me to consider.
I lived with Manza for 3 years, and i can vouch for Tata's breaking ability, NVH and Steering feel, all 3 which i haven't experienced in my Duster or Tucson. So, i for one, am expecting Tata to build on their core strengths.
v6kgang is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 14:24   #1102
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

My partner has booked one. But dealer has no clue regarding specifications/features or even of there will be an Auto with AWD on offer initially.

Guess they are trying to pre-judge the demand and plan the price/production accordingly.

I am happy that Tata's have finally get their act together and offering some good models.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 15:26   #1103
BHPian

Tata Harrier lovers will be in for a short teaser in for today. Location is Jaisalmer.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 6062
Size:  155.9 KB

Source
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 17:41   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Doubt anyone is tuned into Tata Motors' Twitter handle. (No one posted this or did I miss in earlier pages?)

This snap is on their handle, posted by some media/ magazine. Without camo, spotted during testing of safety equipment. Looks very good.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-cfc2783a3e8343768cd1dcf01b70f173.jpeg
k_ajay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 20:07   #1105
BHPian

Just found this video on youtube, is that a S-Cross at 0:44 second? and you can see the size of the harrier compared to the safari at 0:32

sreejinair is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 20:15   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Doubt anyone is tuned into Tata Motors' Twitter handle. (No one posted this or did I miss in earlier pages?)

This snap is on their handle, posted by some media/ magazine. Without camo, spotted during testing of safety equipment. Looks very good.

Attachment 1811071
Well, they have almost given it away, isn't it? Now we already know how the car looks, expect may be the front design. I feel this will somehow dilute the anticipation that was being built up for the big day.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 20:19   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
This was posted and discussed a few days (and pages) back.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4478380
sachinayak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 22:47   #1108
BHPian

Looks composed. This one of the alloy design might make it to production.

Picture credit @sachin_jagdale.
Got from his twitter handle.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1540401366435.jpg  

Last edited by bageherath : 24th October 2018 at 22:59.
bageherath is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 22:50   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inder7 View Post
Hexa is a people mover for large families, long distance taxi service etc. ....
Hexa is aimed at large families, but not taxis. For one, it is only a 7 seater (6 seater in captain seat variants). Second, the positioning is more premium- they liken it to the XUV or the Fortuner when selling it.
Old 24th October 2018, 23:32   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
Looks composed. This one of the alloy design might make it to production.

Picture credit @sachin_jagdale.
Got from his twitter handle.
This pic probably gives a better reference wrt the height. The Waggie (beside) is a tall boy on it's own, and Harrier looks a good inch (or more) higher; will hopefully translate to a taller roof and hence a roomy cabin.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks