Here is another treat for our eyes.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-1.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-2.jpg  

S.I.N.G.H is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 20:15   #362
Senior - BHPian

re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Thanks for these teasers, can you please post the second row pics, if possible? I suspect this will be as spacious as the Harrier.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd May 2019 at 20:52. Reason: "post"
Old 3rd May 2019, 21:03   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Thanks for these teasers, can you please post the second row pics, if possible? I suspect this will be as spacious as the Harrier.
Hi Hiren. I'll try if it's available. But let me tell you from my experience, the space is more than any other vehicle in its segment. 3 people can sit comfortably. There is no prop shaft tunnel ( has a flat floor), and hence its very spacious.

Further, if anyone is really curious about knowing about the vehicle, you can inbox me.
S.I.N.G.H is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 00:14   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
Hi Hiren. I'll try if it's available. But let me tell you from my experience, the space is more than any other vehicle in its segment. 3 people can sit comfortably. There is no prop shaft tunnel ( has a flat floor), and hence its very spacious.

Further, if anyone is really curious about knowing about the vehicle, you can inbox me.
Paji everyone is curious to know about Hector
oops is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 13:55   #365
BHPian

Short teaser video for people like me who are eagerly waiting for this car, to keep us interested

Official Ismart Teaser video

reddevilgautam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 14:17   #366
AYP
Senior - BHPian

In the above teaser, the tachometer has shifted to the left side of the MID and the needle is going in the clockwise direction.

Perks of having similar siblings. One can always play the body double for the other.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 01:37   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post

How is the interior fit and finish of the mild hybrid petrol DCT automatic and is it going to be launched right away with other trims? Any ideas on the diesel automatic launch?
Old 5th May 2019, 22:41   #368
BHPian

The way it is being launched and generally the third world treatment by China, I somehow feel this may go the Datsun way. A Legendary name brought back from the dead and murdered. Any company needs to have its A$$ properly sorted and fully functioning with service advisors knowing what they are taking about. Not salesman selling you features in a plush outlet. I somehow believe KIA is doing this first up before even letting anyone know the models.
Old 5th May 2019, 23:20   #369
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariMan View Post
The way it is being launched and generally the third world treatment by China, I somehow feel this may go the Datsun way. A Legendary name brought back from the dead and murdered. Any company needs to have its A$$ properly sorted and fully functioning with service advisors knowing what they are taking about. Not salesman selling you features in a plush outlet. I somehow believe KIA is doing this first up before even letting anyone know the models.
How do you know that the after sales is not sorted and the service advisors don't know what they are talking about. The car is yet to be launched and it's still a couple of months away.

Showrooms and service centres are coming up all over the cities. There are 3 dealers planned in bangalore and showrooms are almost ready.

Before passing judgement we should wait and see the real experience. It's very easy to write off someone new but give them a chance.

The ads they are showing on TV has many asking questions. The Cumberbatch ad with voice commands has all non car guys asking me about the Hector. My dad usually doesn't bother with new car but with the Hector he asked me about the MG Hector car with touchscreen and you can talk to it to open roof, boot and ac from home.

They are doing a mighty good job at spreading the word around and generating interest. More than Kia as of now.
Vid6639 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 23:29   #370
BHPian

If priced right, this will be a runaway success for MG. As its already tested in other markets, the issues that Harrier faces is highly unlikely to happen for Hector. if this comes with DCT , there will be lot of takers.
Superleggera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 23:36   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
If priced right, this will be a runaway success for MG. As its already tested in other markets, the issues that Harrier faces is highly unlikely to happen for Hector. if this comes with DCT , there will be lot of takers.
The DCT in India is an experiment, no other country has (not sure if China has it) DCT with their turbo petrol.
sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 23:45   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
The DCT in India is an experiment, no other country has (not sure if China has it) DCT with their turbo petrol.
Agree. From the generic discussion and review of DCT, it has been said that DCT is best suitable for people who have experienced Manual transmissions. DCT will not be an ideal choice for those who have grownup with conventional automatics (Torque Converters) as they may not find it right with the shifting pattern. That being said, MG might be offering DCT for India as 95% of the current drivers are familiar with Manual transmissions and we may appreciate it quicker than rest of the world.
Old 6th May 2019, 00:03   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
How do you know that the after sales is not sorted and the service advisors don't know what they are talking about. The car is yet to be launched and it's still a couple of months away.

Showrooms and service centres are coming up all over the cities. There are 3 dealers planned in bangalore and showrooms are almost ready.
I am an optimist and Hope i am wrong. LOL !

MG has now complete chinese ownership. Past speaks of MG having sold MG Rover Skyline a la Indica with some firsts to the brits and failed miserably. And the Chinese have destroyed some world renowned brands in Life-sciences, automotive, industrial, retail, etc. I know one, Lexmark printers now having fancy things excepting what it is supposed to do. Only time would tell all including self.

Applied for a KIA service center last year and for sure know they are working on an after sales service model. They would be the LG for Cars and would not be ready to loose their world number three position for India.

Last edited by SDP : 6th May 2019 at 11:21. Reason: Max 2 smileys per post please
Old 6th May 2019, 00:29   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariMan View Post
Adding to Vid sir's remarks, if you by any chance have heard Rajeev Chaba, President and MD, MG Motor India, then you would have known that he mentions the word experience many times in his interviews. He has said that that MG is focussing a lot on customer experience. Though promises may be empty but we are no Nostradamuses to predict.

Finally, China may give a bad treatment to India but MG is a company here to make profits, not to be a symbol of their government's attitude towards India.

And for Kia everyone knows its gonna be the SP Concept. Its just not chistened yet because its months away where as MG wishes to unveil it in the coming weeks.

Last edited by Shreyas Agarwal : 6th May 2019 at 00:39.
Shreyas Agarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 09:17   #375
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
Adding to Vid sir's remarks, if you by any chance have heard Rajeev Chaba, President and MD, MG Motor India, then you would have known that he mentions the word experience many times in his interviews. He has said that that MG is focussing a lot on customer experience. Though promises may be empty but we are no Nostradamuses to predict.

Bingo, when I interviewed him, all that he mentioned was that MG would focus on experience and additional unique features. He was pretty aware that MG is entering a crowded segment.

My take it that MG are sowing the seeds to reap in leading the electric car transformation. Why develop a fancy internal combustion model instead of burnishing the rough edges of a Baojun 530? Lousy brand strategy but great business sense!

Last edited by GTO : 7th May 2019 at 08:19. Reason: 530, not 510
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks