Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2019, 08:23   #451
BHPian

re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Haha for sure real! The list was typed out by some Gujju dude. These are the classic spelling mistakes they make, just the way they are pronounced. Had stayed there for 8 years.
+1! Didn't live there, but worked in a Pharma company HQ'd there and I know exactly what you are talking about! This sheet has surely come from GJ. Even more so because the plant is in Halol

I don't think they will go for MI level pricing. I expect it to be One Plus level pricing. I expect the top end to be 19 ex showroom.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 08:56   #452
BHPian

Does this mean that the Petrol A/T is missing the hybrid? Also while the feature list is exhaustive, the fairly basic features now like auto headlamps, auto wipers are only found on the top trim? Is this a ploy for people to go for the top trim, because other than the panoramic sunroof and may be 2 side/curtain airbags everything else is there in the second to Top.

Or is there an error here? I guess we will soon find out. In btw I do hope its not the OP7Pro kinda pricing, I hope the top DCT Auto to be under 20L on-road Delhi.
Old 15th May 2019, 09:06   #453
BHPian

saw a test car (temp reg plate) up front here in chennai yesterday (tuesday) evening near anna nagar.

it was one of the reds (burgundy or glaze). Without a doubt it's got amazing road presence. IMO, that odd looking front grill is the one that makes the vehicle look massive.

First look impression = 100 likes!
rubicon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 09:24   #454
BHPian

Wouldn't be surprised if they set the ball rolling at 9.99 ex showroom for the base petrol and 10.99 for the base diesel. Similar to what the XUV500 did a few years back. The top end model would have to be priced at 17-18 lakhs on road for it to become a hit.
Old 15th May 2019, 09:28   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if they set the ball rolling at 9.99 ex showroom for the base petrol and 10.99 for the base diesel. Similar to what the XUV500 did a few years back. The top end model would have to be priced at 17-18 lakhs on road for it to become a hit.
I agree. The base variant misses out most of the features, and I think it exists only so that they can advertise the car as starting at less than 10 lakhs. Once they bring the customers to the dealerships, they can try to sell other variants.
Old 15th May 2019, 09:29   #456
BHPian

Does anyone know where the MG showroom is in Bangalore?
Old 15th May 2019, 09:32   #457
BHPian

Quote:
My guess is 11.xx for the base petrol, going all the way till 18.5-19 lacs for the top end diesel.

9.99 cannot be the staring price, it is like expecting too much. We all might be comparing it with the strategy that Chinese players opts for smart phones but that cannot be replicated here. Let us not forget that SUVs attract 50% tax rate, which is a lot.
Old 15th May 2019, 09:40   #458
BHPian

Any information on Pune dealership? Could not find it on their site...
Old 15th May 2019, 09:42   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
Does anyone know where the MG showroom is in Bangalore?
It's on the outer ring road near the HRBR layout flyover. It was under construction when I saw it last week.
Old 15th May 2019, 09:51   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
My guess is 11.xx for the base petrol, going all the way till 18.5-19 lacs for the top end diesel.
Well, the Hyundai Creta 1.6 Base which attracts a higher tax rate than the Hector 1.5 is priced at 9.3 lakhs. Considering the greater feature set and size, 9.99 wouldn't be asking too much for a brand that is unknown not only in India, probably rest of the world outside of China.
Ragavsr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 09:57   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Unveil details of MG Hector: 12:45 pm

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-01.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 09:58   #462
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron-w16 View Post
To give you more background about myself, I am official editorial board member of SAE for future cars globally, I review upcoming technologies which will come into production may be 5 to 10 years from now in developed countries. I am the official reviewer of international journal on autonomous car. I hope that gives an answer to Deepjaju on what basis i could talk about MG hector.
You bet it does! However, next time, please do add full information in the original post itself.

If any member posts "The Kia Sportage handles poorly" before the vehicle is launched, that really would raise a lot of questions. However, if the member further posts "I'm part of the ARAI and as part of our testing, I noticed that the Kia Sportage handles poorly", it just adds a lot more credibility + meat to the post.

Thanks for the support & understanding .
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 10:02   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Well, the Hyundai Creta 1.6 Base which attracts a higher tax rate than the Hector 1.5 is priced at 9.3 lakhs. Considering the greater feature set and size, 9.99 wouldn't be asking too much for a brand that is unknown not only in India, probably rest of the world outside of China.
Isn't the new Creta E+ priced at 9.99? Also, i think both Creta and Hector are in the same tax segment.
Hector also features a turbo-petrol engine which would be more expensive to manufacture than an NA engine. Given the bigger dimensions and a better feature list coupled with a Turbo engine, i would still put my bet on 11.xx as the starting price.

Anyways, all these are just speculations and wishes. If they can price the Hector at 9.99, it will just blow away cars in its segment + a segment lower (especially compact SUVs that now stretch to 12 lacs ex-showroom)
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 10:16   #464
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Given that the TATA Harrier is the best priced SUV in the segment currently (Creta is half a segment lower in size and engine capacity) - I expect Hector to match it, thereby providing more VFM with a superior feature set.

Harrier is priced 12.70 - 16.76L for the diesel versions.

So I very well agree with you that 11.xx lakhs for the turbo petrol to 18.5 lakhs for the diesel top end with panoramic sunroof will be extremely good pricing points to start with!

Quote:
Well, the Hyundai Creta 1.6 Base which attracts a higher tax rate than the Hector 1.5
Not correct buddy. 1.5L is a turbo petrol and also taxes for petrol engines are less than or greater than 1.2L capacity, not 1.5. Hence same tax brackets for both, plus a turbo petrol will be more expensive as compared to the 1.6 NA from Hyundai.

Diesel engines have 1.5L limit, but both Creta (1.6L) and Hector (2.0) fall into the same (highest) tax brackets once again.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th May 2019 at 10:19.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 10:19   #465
BHPian

I am surprised at the way people target veyron-w16 for his views on the low reliability of Chinese Products. I also agree with low reliability of original Chinese goods. One of my acquaintances was into manufacturing of LED products where the LED chips were from the CREE, USA and the driver circuits were sourced from China. His company went belly up owing to the disastrous failure rate of components sourced from China. When it comes to tools, we usually buy American/European/Indian tools rather than the EL Cheapo Chinese ones. Our lives may depend on them.

For cars, we would feel comfortable if the manufacturer stays put and provides parts/service supply on a long term basis. Remember Peugeot's car some time back in India ? The car was hardy, but the manufacturer left India, leaving the car owners in the lurch.

What happens to a Chinese car in India when something like Doklam issue occurs?

We still have border issues with China ? It may not matter much when we don't get spares for a small ticket electronics gadget, but it will hurt a lot for something like cars.
Prowler is online now   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks