Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2020, 12:11   #526
BHPian

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

It seems you have just read the first column and missed out on the remaining part of the list.

Att. is the complete image for your ref. Look at the right side column.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I was referring to this list. May be it is mentioned elsewhere in the brochure
Attachment 2016264
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-smartselect_20200614114556_drive.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 14th June 2020 at 15:05. Reason: Spacing
gaurav911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 13:51   #527
BHPian

Any idea about navigation maps? Could anyone check if they have been provided?
Old 14th June 2020, 14:01   #528
BHPian

Went with my cousin to get his Vento serviced and TD the TRoc and I was dissapointed on both fronts. They did not fumigate the Vento and told me they have sprayed it which I did not expect/want. The TRoc on the other hand was of a similar size both inside and out compared to the Vento only in width did I feel a difference "Front Arm rest".

The build quality is better than the Vento but VW India has been making Vento's for years so they are great at it now. The plastics are all hard with a dash of rubberiness and feels better than Seltos plastics but not by a huge margin.

End of the day this is nothing infront of the Octavia. It has neither the space or presence or VFMness that the Octavia offers. On top of this there can be issues with spares later in life and on the other hand the 1.0L + AT combo would be the safer bet for long term.

EDIT: Just to be clear that SKODA 25L SUV is certainly larger inside and offers similar space levels to the Seltos/Compass.

Last edited by Brishti : 14th June 2020 at 14:05.
Brishti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 17:34   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
It seems you have just read the first column and missed out on the remaining part of the list.

Att. is the complete image for your ref. Look at the right side column.
You are right. Once I saw 'driver and passenger airbag' and 'heated mirror' as the next line, I thought this is all they have about airbags. While I may be not attentive or did not bother to go through the entire brochure, best practice would (Information design perspective) be to mention all related things together.
Old 14th June 2020, 19:36   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post
I visited VW Safdarjung today to take a look at the T-Roc. The SA (Devender) who I have been in touch with had confirmed last night that I could have a test drive. The issue it seems was the local registrations of the demo cars.

Pictures are below
I must say the car looks so similar to the Audi Q3 ! The rear quarter is the best angle in my books. Sadly not a big fan of the front DRL since it looks like an after thought. The front of the T-Roc R which is available in international markets looks super good due to that great bumper design. Sadly the interiors doesn't feel upto the mark for someone spending close to 25 lakhs. Also the dealer seemed to have no idea about the delivery times and car allotment. Also there was no info about Test Drives too. Due to these factors I was attracted to the Skoda Karoq. The Skoda showroom already had a test drive car, and the car which I booked online had already reached the dealer even before the launch. Quality wise the Karoq feels miles ahead than the T-Roc. But if you are ok with the plastics inside, I would say the T-Roc is a great package with all those features. Definitely a great purchase compared to Jeep Compass Petrol.
Mr.Perera is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 22:52   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
Sadly not a big fan of the front DRL since it looks like an after thought. The front of the T-Roc R which is available in international markets looks super good due to that great bumper design. Sadly the interiors doesn't feel upto the mark for someone spending close to 25 lakhs.
Funny you should say that because I have the exact opposite opinion . I really like the way the standard DRLs look. Really adds to the overall design but thankfully manages to stay from the ghastly front end design that Hyundai seems to be doubling down on.

I really don't like the R's front lol. I feel it looks to faux-gressive à la Civic Type R (maybe the R's got something to do with it) and flares a little too much for my liking. But of course design is subjective and I know you have great taste from your Karoq.

The interiors are definitely a major downer. I did briefly consider the Karoq after seeing the T-Roc but I feel it's too large for my current requirements and if it's worth spending 5L more just for the quality of plastics. How much of a size difference would you say there is between the two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
Also the dealer seemed to have no idea about the delivery times and car allotment.
I was told that they'll deliver it by the end of the month but wasn't given a fixed date. Let's hope they mean end of June

Last edited by AamodB : 14th June 2020 at 22:53.
Old 15th June 2020, 12:48   #532
Senior - BHPian

I had visited PPS motors Bangalore North to check out the T-Roc on Sunday the 14th. It was a display model (no Test drives yet) in Kurkuma Yellow and the first impression was that it felt like an ideal candidate to upgrade to from a Polo in terms of exterior dimensions.

Following are my observations, all comparative references are against my 6 year old GT TSI
  1. Compact dimensions and quite a low roofline and a very narrow window line
  2. Supportive and comfortable seats, tall enough to get a comfortable driving position with respect to pedal postions
  3. For my driving position and height (180cm), I had about 2 inches of leg room in the right rear seat (including the scooped out seat backs)
  4. Rear door aperture not that wide relative to my knee position (maybe comparable to the Polo itself?)
  5. Similar texture and finish to the Polo for the dashtop plastics, door pads (hard and rough)
  6. Better cushioning for front door arm rests, hardly any padding for rear door arm rests
  7. Lovely lovely virtual cockpit and infotainment displays, high resolution and responsive
  8. Limited storage spots inside the cabin in general, one of the smallest front center armrest storage
  9. Extremely deep footwell and extremely high rear central tunnel. The width of the car notwithstanding, this is a four seater only.
  10. Limited functionality in the boot in terms of cubbies or hooks, shallow boot floor but extends quite some distance inside
  11. 1.5 TSI is extremely refined at start-up and idle (thanks to the showroom charging the battery once in a while). Car was still in 'transport' mode
  12. The DSG gear level has toggle operation from D to S (unlike slotting into S by pressing the button) and back, this should make for a quick switch between modes. Manual mode remains in the same position (to the left of D)
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 13:20   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
I had visited PPS motors Bangalore North to check out the T-Roc on Sunday the 14th. It was a display model (no Test drives yet) in Kurkuma Yellow ....
I spoke to SA today and was told that the TD car will be available by this weekend. Also most cars are still stuck at Mumbai port it seems; not clear for what reasons. It can't be customs issue, as Steffen Knapp had clearly indicated in his interview that all custom clearance has been completed for these cars. I had an impression that all cars would be moved to Pune post customs clearance. That does not seem to be case here. Instead the cars seem to be directly shipped to dealers from Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post

For my driving position and height (180cm), I had about 2 inches of leg room in the right rear seat (including the scooped out seat backs)

Rear door aperture not that wide relative to my knee position (maybe comparable to the Polo itself?)
Were you able to stretch your legs comfortably at the rear, behind the driver seat ? How was the headroom for you ? What's your impression of under thigh support at rear ?

Indeed, I also felt rear doors do not open wide enough.
Old 15th June 2020, 15:08   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post

Were you able to stretch your legs comfortably at the rear, behind the driver seat ? How was the headroom for you ? What's your impression of under thigh support at rear ?
With space for the feet underneath the front seats and the adequate knee room, rear seat comfort was quite okay. Under thigh support was also adequate (as in not found lacking)

Headroom wasn't an issue at all, did not check the rear middle seat through
Old 15th June 2020, 16:05   #535
BHPian

Some pictures I received from a friend.

Looks nice in this colour.

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1592217301.892762.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1592217279.371527.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1592217206.785635.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1592217266.079611.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1592217291.115178.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1592217229.761854.jpg

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th June 2020 at 16:52. Reason: Please ensure to align the pictures when posting
aman-bh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 16:13   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

Video review, quality of review is mediocre, but you do get to see the car inside out and also has a drive video.

Last edited by AtheK : 15th June 2020 at 16:20.
AtheK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 21:03   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

T ROC does well in the B-SUV sales(global) in 2019!

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-eafb1z6xgaetjtl.jpg

Source:Jato
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 21:44   #538
Senior - BHPian

Did he say CD changer? I thought the changer exited a decade back. Or is it making a come back? Rest of the car is good, feels premium. I like the spartan rear looks, and sleek LED lights. Car is imminently noticeable
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Video review, quality of review is mediocre, but you do get to see the car inside out and also has a drive video
Old 16th June 2020, 11:45   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Did he say CD changer? I thought the changer exited a decade back. Or is it making a come back? Rest of the car is good, feels premium. I like the spartan rear looks, and sleek LED lights. Car is imminently noticeable
There is a CD player in the car...and it is tucked inside the glove box, along with the SD card slot and USB slot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I had a close look at a red T-Roc few days back. Those chrome bits on the exterior (front, side, and rear) looks really ugly!
Would you have photos of the red (orange?) T-ROC by any chance?

Last edited by vb-saan : 16th June 2020 at 12:46. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use edit/multi-quote options when posting back-to-back. Thanks!
cpabhijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 12:12   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
There is a CD player in the car...and it is tucked inside the glove box, along with the SD card slot and USB slot
I wonder what purpose does the CD Player solve nowadays. With all music either on USB or being streamed this is an unnecessary addition to the cost.

I am certain that a minuscule percentage if any will use this.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks