Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2020, 17:11   #421
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Thanks to Karanbir Satija for sending these images and video in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img20200529wa0014.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img20200529wa0015.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img20200529wa0016.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img20200529wa0017.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img20200529wa0018.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img20200529wa0019.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img20200529wa0033.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img20200529wa0034.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img20200529wa0035.jpg

Aditya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 18:01   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virajmore03 View Post
Pictures of a blue Troc. Including an interior shot.
Continental rubber , atleast some things ought to be right in a CBU. Would this be consistent across the batch or is it too much to expect?

I think the brushed steel finish is classy especially in darker shades
Old 30th May 2020, 18:44   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Continental rubber , atleast some things ought to be right in a CBU. Would this be consistent across the batch or is it too much to expect?
I think a few units come with Bridgestones as well. The launch car that journos filmed and the cars Aditya shared above have Bridgestone shoes.
Old 30th May 2020, 19:30   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Now where's Timothy. Need to see if I can get a treat from him.
Honestly I don't even now how to react to this. Honestly there is no problem if the car has a Torsion Beam, but listing the features/ technical details incorrectly is what gets my goat.
I have spent a fair amount of time in Germany and I have seen firsthand how meticulous they are with everything, so definitely didn't expect this from an iconic German car brand !
I owe you one Vid, Cheers!

Last edited by manson : 1st June 2020 at 03:35. Reason: Typo.
Timothy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 23:11   #425
Senior - BHPian

It's a great package - the only problem is that DQ200 gearbox which is a bit too old for this price point.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 14:03   #426

Basically, According to me, if you see Volkswagen Pattern of the launches, They have launched T-Roc as a fairly cheaper version of rebadged Audi Q3, almost with the same features and similar chassis design and lengths. Volkswagen always aims to take on the market by offering almost similar brand values to Audi in their cars since they own The brand. Looking at the car it has the same perks as of Q3. Regardless, The engine is downsized, No automatic electric seats with memory function. Same DSG Version of Gearbox as of Skoda Octavia. Looking at the specification very similar to Q3.

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-screenshot-20200531-2.01.28-pm.png

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-screenshot-20200531-2.01.35-pm.png

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-screenshot-20200531-2.01.46-pm.png

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-screenshot-20200531-2.01.53-pm.png
VikramAditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 18:51   #427
BHPian

Adding my two pence on the T-ROC which I went to check out along with my son today at PPS VW in Nagawara, Bangalore

Following are my observations

PROs-
Sound system
Fit and finish
Driver Assist features like Lane/Front Assist with cameras (See pic of front cameras used for this purpose)
Looks are magnificent
Interior feel is good in terms of quality of materials used. Though the point on hard plastics being used on the top of the dashboard does stick out sorely
Nice panoramic sunroof
Virtual cockpit
Seating comfort. Vienna leather seats are firm
Alloy Wheels look great and Turanza Tires have been installed (see picture)
Colors and VW Build Quality
Great touchscreen system
Paddle Shifters
Though many have said that the rear shock absorbers are the normal torsion beam ones, the brochure very clearly says that it is independent multi link

CONs-
Rear seat limited space. Its just for 2. Very high central tunnel virtually helps to socially distance the two rear passengers
Smaller than the Jeep Compass (though its much more expensive than the T-ROC)
Hard plastics present
Absence of electric seat controls
I dont know whether heated seats were the way to go rather than cooled seats offered by the competition
Though we do have features like Lane assist, I dont know whether this was the feature to choose and Cruise Control was the feature to drop!
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-bacj63531.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_50081.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_50161.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_50181.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-krtw95971.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-qgxl41291.jpg  

Last edited by niranjanprabhu : 31st May 2020 at 19:04. Reason: Needed to add a point
niranjanprabhu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 19:38   #428
Senior - BHPian

So Im a little confused to see comments that the T-Roc is fantastic value etc. This costs 24.5 lakhs on road, Bangalore. For the same price, Jeep offers the Compass Longitude Petrol AT or the Diesel manual of the same variant. The Compass is surely one size bigger than the T-Roc, in fact the T-Roc is marginally smaller than even a Creta.

Probably the T-Roc is better equipped, im not aware of the finer details for sure, but the flip side of a VW CBU is very difficult to compensate for. And it does not have the novelty factor like a Mini or something like that, if so you can ignore the size and dimensions and just have fun.
Old 31st May 2020, 20:10   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
So Im a little confused to see comments that the T-Roc is fantastic value etc. This costs 24.5 lakhs on road, Bangalore. For the same price, Jeep offers the Compass Longitude Petrol AT or the Diesel manual of the same variant. The Compass is surely one size bigger than the T-Roc, in fact the T-Roc is marginally smaller than even a Creta.

Probably the T-Roc is better equipped, im not aware of the finer details for sure, but the flip side of a VW CBU is very difficult to compensate for. And it does not have the novelty factor like a Mini or something like that, if so you can ignore the size and dimensions and just have fun.
The engine is supremely superior to the one the Compass. The feature listing is far superior as well. The real big difference is size of the Compass which I agree is a size bigger
niranjanprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 21:14   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
The engine is supremely superior to the one the Compass. The feature listing is far superior as well. The real big difference is size of the Compass which I agree is a size bigger

Sure, the TSI Petrol unit in the T-Roc is way ahead of whats in the Compass, but an equivalent or better engine was available in the Octavia just before BS6 kicked in. And im sure the BS6 Octavia which will be in similar price territory as the T-Roc will be launched sooner or later, and the Octavia is probably 2 sizes bigger than the T-Roc and is assembled in India, so probably a less riskier VW / Skoda to own in that sense.

Sure, the T-Roc might be a good alternative for folks who want a 2nd or 3rd car, and who are very particular about really small dimensions. Else the Compass, or even a BS6 Octavia, if and when launched, would surely make better sense.
Old 31st May 2020, 22:00   #431
Senior - BHPian

The compass is suddenly looking value for money. For 30L OTR Bangalore you can get a proper 4x4 SUV that has all the bells and whistles and more than the TROC. I agree its 5L more but you are getting so much more with the Compass Limited Plus 4x4 variant.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 03:05   #432

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
It's a great package - the only problem is that DQ200 gearbox which is a bit too old for this price point.
Also the torque limit of DQ200 is 250Nm, which the gearbox is already mated to in T-ROC, so definitely, the gearbox issues (if any) will aggravate much faster in this car compared to the erstwhile Polo GT. Moreover, a ECU remap will most definitely create a problem.
mopy95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 06:08   #433
BHPian

The thread is becoming extremely interesting thanks to the pictures & more details along with first look of the vehicles has began pouring in.

My two cents on the T-Roc:-

• Looks unique unlike what we have in the market currently. If I may say, freshness to the overall silhouettes of the usual Crossovers on sale, Simple & Elegant is how I would some it up. The typical Volkswagen DNA.

• Being based on the Golf Platform (MQB), I am sure the chassis would be agile yet offer decent comfort striking the right balance for an Auto Enthusiast.

• The ACT will make it fairly frugal. I am expecting an efficiency of 10 - 11 kmpl in day to day driving, which in my opinion is good enough for 150 HP Crossover.

• Excellent Safety Features & Built Quality by European Standards hence I would confidently say here, it's going to be the safest car in the 30 Lakh mark in India along with it's Czech Cousin.

• Being a Young buyer, the feature list matters to me more than the Hard Plastics and T Roc ticks all the boxes in that department. Moreover, it doesn't has the pragmatic feel which Hector & Harrier gives all around. My dad would want one of them for the sheer practicality (Size, Space, overall Feel) but I would want something Smart, Young & Loaded.
Something, which makes me look stand out in the crowd.

• Yes! the T Roc at 24 - 25 Lakhs is not at all a value for money. Then again, it definitely connects to budding Entrepreneurs like me due to some simple reasons:-

1) Rare
2) Sophisticated Understated yet with Sporty Appeal.
3) Equipment On Offer
4) Performance
5) Safety
6) It's CBU (Bragging Rights)

• Now, one might say why not Creta or Seltos?
Why ought I buy the 1.4 GDi for 20 Lakhs when I can get something with a little more finesse! The Compass too kick in here with the Longitude Plus AT variant. Even, though it's a bigger car, it just doesn't offers the experience of one (no offense to owners), I never enjoyed the Compass as much as any other vehicle in this segment or below. Additionally, irrespective of the power figures on paper, I am sure the T Roc will be much better to drive compared to the American.

Call me a fool for saying this but T Roc appeals more to your heart than your mind. It's not about practicality here, it's about the sheer overall experience it offers you.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 07:01   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
So Im a little confused to see comments that the T-Roc is fantastic value etc. This costs 24.5 lakhs on road, Bangalore. For the same price, Jeep offers the Compass Longitude Petrol AT or the Diesel manual of the same variant. The Compass is surely one size bigger than the T-Roc
It's all about filling the right niche. If someone wants size above all else, they buy a Harrier. The Compass filled the niche of small but well-engineered SUV with optional AWD being another nice niche. The T-Roc's value proposition is that it is even smaller but even more well-engineered.

I don't know if it fulfils that value proposition but I can easily imagine that it does.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 11:16   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

The biggest difference between the Compass Petrol AT and the T-Roc is probably going to be the fuel efficiency. The T-Roc has an efficient engine that also has active cylinder management, is much lower than the Compass in weight (1350 KG with driver according to the spec sheet!), which should give it a superior fuel efficiency. The Compass Petrol Auto is nearly 200 KG heavier (1450 kg without driver!) and has a smaller engine without ACM, which probably explains its reported pathetic mileage figures of 5-6 kmpl in city.

On that topic, I am surprised that VW has quoted the kerb weight of the T-Roc "with driver" (below). This seems like is a new tactic that I have not seen before, to report a higher weight than what is reality, for the Indian market. Consumers here love heavier cars and equate weight to longevity and safety. So manufacturers find ways to hide the light weights of the newer cars. Hyundai does not quote kerb weights in India in general - in their brochures or their websites. Published kerb weight information on Hyundai cars are guesstimates from the auto press and reviewers. VW seems to be adopting similar tactics now, very innovative ones at that! Come on VW, with your reputation for German precision, you cannot quote kerb weight including the driver's weight- a driver may be a bantam weight guy at 50 kg or a heavy weight one at 100+ kg!
Attached Images

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 1st June 2020 at 11:23.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks