Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2020, 17:21   #346
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 218
Thanked: 314 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

The Skoda VW group is bringing out many overlapping products but the real differentiator will be the way the two brands are positioned respective to each other. The way I see it, is that the VW brand is focussed more towards the younger audience whose attitude reflects the vehicles they drive, a prime example being the T Roc and the Skoda is targeted more towards the family man with kids who again doesn't want to follow the mass market i.e. the positioning for Karoq. Of course VW doesn't plan to launch any sedans over the next 12-18 months so no overlap there

Selling (in good numbers) is a very relative term. T-Roc should do well at 19.99 L ex-showroom for about 200 vehicles per month which may not be bad for VW and similarly another 200 for the Karoq. These are the numbers they were selling for the Octavia and the Tiguan in the last few months before they were phased out. To compare these products with Creta & Seltos would not be doing justice to them. Personally, I do not have a great opinion of Korean vehicles and as long as I have a choice of German & Japanese brands, I normally would not go for a Korean product. I would rather trust a Tata vehicle, which have come a long way in quality & safety, over their products, but then thats me

The mass market for them should be the skoda Rapid and the other sub-compact SUVs based on the MBQ A0 IN platform that will be powered by the 1.0L Tsi Mill.
Timothy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 13:59   #347
BHPian
 
shoaib3030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 180
Thanked: 175 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

What are the chances of us getting the T-Roc R/GT? And if it happens to come here, any idea when? Asking because I think it's a great package and would be a great upgrade from my Polo GT TSi in a few years.
shoaib3030 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 18:26   #348
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 864
Thanked: 1,162 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Did anyone book the T-ROC yet from here. What is the booking amount and how does one know the booking number.
Traveler is offline  
Old 12th May 2020, 21:52   #349
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 101
Thanked: 231 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Did anyone book the T-ROC yet from here. What is the booking amount and how does one know the booking number.
I booked the T-Roc from VW Safdarjung in Delhi around mid-February for Rs. 50k and received booking confirmations through email and SMS. The dealership also provided a sales contract form with details of the sale and dealer signatures but haven't given a specific booking number. I don't think they can given a booking number since it isn't a full sale as of yet.

The demo car was to be available in early-April and I'm assuming all the details of the sale would have been the next step following a test drive. However there hasn't been any communication from the dealership following the lockdown announcement in March which I think is acceptable since the next step for the purchase is a visit to the dealership. Hope this helps
AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 21:54   #350
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 864
Thanked: 1,162 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post
I booked the T-Roc from VW Safdarjung in Delhi around mid-February for Rs. 50k and received booking confirmations through email and SMS. The dealership also provided a sales contract form with details of the sale and dealer signatures but haven't given a specific booking number. I don't think they can given a booking number since it isn't a full sale as of yet.

The demo car was to be available in early-April and I'm assuming all the details of the sale would have been the next step following a test drive. However there hasn't been any communication from the dealership following the lockdown announcement in March which I think is acceptable since the next step for the purchase is a visit to the dealership. Hope this helps
The sms and email were from the dealer or VW?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th May 2020 at 03:18. Reason: Grammar, punctuations.
Traveler is offline  
Old 12th May 2020, 22:00   #351
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 101
Thanked: 231 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
The sms and email were from the dealer or VW?
Both were from the dealership.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th May 2020 at 03:19. Reason: Quoted post edited.
AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 22:03   #352
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 864
Thanked: 1,162 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post
Both were from the dealership
Thanks for the info. I am wondering if bookings are still open or have they sold out all of the T-ROC's already.

It looks like a tempting car, the uncertain times is what holds you back.

What color did you book.
Traveler is offline  
Old 12th May 2020, 22:35   #353
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 101
Thanked: 231 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Thanks for the info. I am wondering if bookings are still open or have they sold out all of the T-ROC's already.

It looks like a tempting car, the uncertain times is what holds you back.

What color did you book.
Some people might have cancelled bookings during the lockdown so I think you should give it a go if you really like the car. You can always cancel it if you don't like it in person.

I've booked it in Deep Black. Not really a fan of two tone so that was the only option, although I must admit the white does suit the car a lot.
AamodB is offline  
Old 13th May 2020, 13:21   #354
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 864
Thanked: 1,162 Times
Default

I agree, both the black and white are really good colors and look good on the vehicle. Rest of the colors are too funky for my taste.
Traveler is offline  
Old 15th May 2020, 01:16   #355
BHPian
 
tristis2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 135
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Indeed white colour looks better on this car. Unless we see in flesh, not sure which other colour would look good on it. Also, among the other colors offered elsewhere - Urano Grey, Flash red, Atlantic Blue, White Silver and Dark Oak Brown, not sure which one appeals better than white. But its not easy to maintain white colors.

I have also booked the car. But am still in dilemma. Economic factors may weigh in favor of cancellation ! I hope VW will offer good discounts or great service packages to retain buyers. I expect the sales to be weak in such car segments.
tristis2008 is offline  
Old 15th May 2020, 01:39   #356
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 864
Thanked: 1,162 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
Indeed white colour looks better on this car. Unless we see in flesh, not sure which other colour would look good on it. Also, among the other colors offered elsewhere - Urano Grey, Flash red, Atlantic Blue, White Silver and Dark Oak Brown, not sure which one appeals better than white. But its not easy to maintain white colors.

I have also booked the car. But am still in dilemma. Economic factors may weigh in favor of cancellation ! I hope VW will offer good discounts or great service packages to retain buyers. I expect the sales to be weak in such car segments.
Congrats on the booking. Which color did you opt for. Any news from the dealer on when the delivery would be. Did you book with PPS motors.
Traveler is offline  
Old 15th May 2020, 20:17   #357
BHPian
 
tristis2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 135
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Congrats on the booking. Which color did you opt for. Any news from the dealer on when the delivery would be. Did you book with PPS motors.
I was asked for two preferential colors. I have opted for the easy to maintain Indium Grey. Second preference is hard to maintain Pure White ! I wish they had Atlantic Blue. It would have been similar to my Shadow Blue Vento. White still looks best on this car.

Its indeed PPS motors, Nagawara through whom I have booked. There is a sales contract signed as well. Rs. 25k was the booking amount. The SA was mentioning that once every booking details are updated, VW will ship as soon as there is a go ahead given by government to ship. This update was towards the end of lock-down One. Since then neither have I nor them been in touch !!

How about you ? Booked ?
tristis2008 is offline  
Old 15th May 2020, 20:25   #358
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 864
Thanked: 1,162 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
I was asked for two preferential colors. I have opted for the easy to maintain Indium Grey. Second preference is hard to maintain Pure White ! I wish they had Atlantic Blue. It would have been similar to my Shadow Blue Vento. White still looks best on this car.

Its indeed PPS motors, Nagawara through whom I have booked. There is a sales contract signed as well. Rs. 25k was the booking amount. The SA was mentioning that once every booking details are updated, VW will ship as soon as there is a go ahead given by government to ship. This update was towards the end of lock-down One. Since then neither have I nor them been in touch !!

How about you ? Booked ?
Me too. PPS Motors Nagwara . White and Indium Grey in that order. Wow what a coincidence. What kind of sales contract are you referring to. I haven't received any receipt so far owing to the lockdown. I have a email confirmation from dealer.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2020, 22:26   #359
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 101
Thanked: 231 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
What kind of sales contract are you referring to.
This is what I received from the dealership in Delhi. I booked the car before it was launched so prices and colour preferences aren't mentioned. My entire booking process was via WhatsApp and Email and the dealership sent this signed document a few days later.

@tristis2008 Is this what you received as well?

I spoke to the SA a couple days ago and he said there haven't been any updates from VW during the lockdown and that all further formalities will only be done after lockdown lifts and the dealership opens.
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-troc-booking-redacted.jpeg  

AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2020, 23:08   #360
BHPian
 
tristis2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 135
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
White and Indium Grey in that order. Wow what a coincidence. What kind of sales contract are you referring to.
Good to know of your choices . The Sales Contract is of same format as posted by AamodB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post

@tristis2008 Is this what you received as well?

I spoke to the SA a couple days ago and he said there haven't been any updates from VW during the lockdown and that all further formalities will only be done after lock down lifts and the dealership opens.
Indeed, have not heard any updates from them. Like you found out, all formalities would start after restrictions are loosened.

My booking was a week or two before lock-down.

Good to read through some threads on TRoc UK forum to know the issues with this car, which we should be prepared to live with, if acceptable. I was particularly concerned about the kangaroo effect the car has when cold started. This seemed to be the case for all models with this engine, for example Golf. I have posted about this issue elsewhere in this thread; guess you have already read. There seem to be less or no issues with 2020 models.

Once some of BHPians start owning this car, we will have lot of information about the car.
tristis2008 is offline  
Closed Thread

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks