Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2020, 13:25   #466
BHPian

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Ouch. Sorry to break the news 7 years late but the GT TSI was never ever a CBU. It was fully local. Initially they were making very few hence the longer wait times.

But there is one good news you can take solace in. The earlier GT TSI's had a lot of import content vs the latter ones and the quality of parts were overall better than the the later ones which were localized very heavily. They also lost features in between and that meant the first GT TSI had more features than the one in 2015-16.
and to imagine all these years i kept telling people that my car has been 'shipped' to me...

yeah i guess the overall quality was a bit better since a few of my friends with the newer GT had complaints of rattles and niggles in a year while so far my car has none of those..

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
It definitely had a lot of EU made parts on it unlike the current GT. I remember the alloy wheels were of a brilliant brushed steel finish and were made in Poland.
yes..say what..i'd looked around inside the hood when i got the car...and even the smallest of parts like various caps for tanks etc. had 'Made in Austria' or 'Made in Germany' written on them...so I readily believed that it was CBU and if anyone's noticed, the horn on the 2013 GT and the ones later is very different...the former has a fuller tone while the latter sounds ratty...and i kept telling that that's coz my car's 'imported'...at least the horn is i guess *grin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
I think your dealer bamboozled you, mate. The GT TSI was never a CBU. The audacity, even tells you that ''Shipping takes time''. Wow!
seriously! and what with the excitement of the new car, i believed everything he said

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th June 2020 at 15:28. Reason: Only 2 EMOTICONS per post. Please read the Announcements carefully before proceeding. Thank you!
cpabhijit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 14:11   #467
Senior - BHPian

The earlier has twin trumpet horns. From 2017 they skimped and removed one horn. My GT TSI has only one horn and it is a 2017 modem.
Old 5th June 2020, 14:58   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
.i'd looked around inside the hood when i got the car...and even the smallest of parts like various caps for tanks etc. had 'Made in Austria' or 'Made in Germany' written on them...
I can see some Audi logo parts inside the engine bay of my GT TSi (Mar-2017 make). Besides one small rattle on the rear left side of my car, the only parts that I am not at all happy with are the wipers. Otherwise the car feels as tight and solid now as it was 3+ years ago.
Old 5th June 2020, 15:06   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I can see some Audi logo parts inside the engine bay of my GT TSi (Mar-2017 make).
Look inside an Audi engine bay and you will find lots of parts with VW logo in it. Should be the same for all VW-Skoda-Audi cars since they use the same assembly lines in India.
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 16:11   #470
BHPian

I got in touch with VW Customer Care regarding the logistics charges and the dealer (VW Safdarjung) just got in touch confirming that the charges of 20k would be waived off!

It works!!
AamodB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 09:47   #471
BHPian

Just been told by dealers in Pune that the on road price is going to be 28L!
Ex showroom 20L, How can it go to 28L? Apparently, taxes etc push it up to this much. We had expected it be around 24-25L max.
Old 6th June 2020, 10:13   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdoc View Post
Ex showroom 20L, How can it go to 28L? Apparently, taxes etc push it up to this much. We had expected it be around 24-25L max.
How can it be so much? Import taxes are already included in ex showroom price. Please post the breakup here if you get one.
CoolFire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 10:16   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdoc View Post
Apparently, taxes etc push it up to this much.
Ask for a price list with a detailed breakup. The only additional cost will be - RTO Registration Charges, Insurance, Logistics Charges (I got a waiver, so send an email to VW Customer Care) and TCS.

There's no taxes that could possibly take it to 28L even if the dealership tried its level best. From what I could find it should be at most 24L on-road. Carwale indicates 23.6L but the insurance quoted here is quite low so that'll bump up the price.
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-screenshot-20200606-10.12.11-am.png  

Last edited by AamodB : 6th June 2020 at 10:19.
AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 10:23   #474
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
Well that's what the dealership told me way back in 2013. VW launched the GT TSI in April and I'd booked the car in May and they didn't give me anything till August and kept telling me that since it is CBU, there is a lot of backlog and shipping takes time and what not...
You could check your car's VIN to put any doubts to rest. German VINs start with W and Indian ones start with M.
No confusions
Old 6th June 2020, 13:01   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
On that topic, I am surprised that VW has quoted the kerb weight of the T-Roc "with driver" (below). This seems like is a new tactic that I have not seen before, to report a higher weight than what is reality, for the Indian market. Come on VW, with your reputation for German precision, you cannot quote kerb weight including the driver's weight- a driver may be a bantam weight guy at 50 kg or a heavy weight one at 100+ kg!
As per European Regulations, all manufacturers are supposed to quote car weight WITH Driver 75Kg + 90% Fuel load.
Hence VW is not doing anything out of the ordinary at all.
shankar.balan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 13:17   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post
Ask for a price list with a detailed breakup. The only additional cost will be - RTO Registration Charges, Insurance, Logistics Charges (I got a waiver, so send an email to VW Customer Care) and TCS.
There's no taxes that could possibly take it to 28L even if the dealership tried its level best. From what I could find it should be at most 24L on-road. Carwale indicates 23.6L but the insurance quoted here is quite low so that'll bump up the price.
That is what I felt. I will check with them. Hopefully we will get a test drive early next week. Will ask for a waiver as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
How can it be so much? Import taxes are already included in ex showroom price. Please post the breakup here if you get one.
Will do once I get it next week.
Old 6th June 2020, 15:11   #477
BHPian

Quote:
I got in touch with VW Customer Care regarding the logistics charges and the dealer (VW Safdarjung) just got in touch confirming that the charges of 20k would be waived off!

It works!!
Great ! It's illegal anyway.
Old 7th June 2020, 20:35   #478
BHPian

Folks, do we have the OTR price for Bengaluru already ?

Quote:
the charges of 20k would be waived off!
What is the OTR price in Delhi ? Can you share the break up ?

Last edited by tristis2008 : 7th June 2020 at 20:50. Reason: sentence incomplete!
Old 7th June 2020, 20:41   #479
BHPian

The price list shared is pre-COVID. I guess there are no changes from this

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-67cda0b5a9b6408a89de56062d080eea.jpeg

Last edited by BlackPearl : 24th June 2020 at 16:37. Reason: Fixed the formatting of the post. Thanks.
hellraizer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 21:45   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
What is the OTR price in Delhi ? Can you share the break up ?
Hi Tristis2008, I've shared the breakup on page 27 of this thread. Won't post it again since it'll be against the thread rules.

On-Road for me after the waiver for the logistics charges will be 23.38 Lakhs (inclusive of zero-dep insurance). Hope this helps!

Last edited by AamodB : 7th June 2020 at 22:00.
AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks