Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2020, 21:12   #226
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc spotted in India EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 19.99 Lakhs

It is like politicians indulging in corruption, a newly elected minister says previous govt ministers looted more than him. People have no choice but to elect someone to be our leaders – have to choose between less corrupt and more corrupt. Similarly each manufacturer is luring buyer with “features” and command inflated prices. Features like ventilated seats, cruise control, auto lights/wipers, air purifier are necessary for us or not is different debate.

With the current trend of reducing of carbon footprint, raise of electric cars (go green), auto industry slowdown and overall market slump, for me this price of 25L on road at Bangalore seems “high above its value”. Not only I am referring to this particular model, all new launches command much more money than what they offer. I am sure there could be buyers in the market and Maruti/Hyundai/Kia launches could be a mass hit even at exorbitant price tags. Going for pre-worshiped cars seems much better choice TODAY compared to buying new vehicles, of-course many are not comfortable buying pre-worshiped ones, but its more than worth if you will.
hummer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 21:19   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Heated seats but no electrically adjustable driver's seat. Quirky.
Are you sure about this? I thought it came with powered driver seat.
Old 18th March 2020, 21:32   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Are you sure about this? I thought it came with powered driver seat.
Would love to be wrong! Karoq however will get electrically adjustable seats.

India gets the SEL variant of the T-Roc sold abroad which has heated seats but no electric adjustment. R Line gets the 'sport' seats which are electrically adjustable.

VW India T-Roc brochure slyly mentions 'Height adjustable front seats'.
Old 18th March 2020, 21:47   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
Does anyone know if this will come with driver aid features like Cruise Control with Follow at Certain distance? Auto braking etc?
Yes it does have adaptive cruise control which basically means that it will maintain a pre-determined distance from the vehicle ahead of it and adjust speeds accordingly.
shaheenazk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 22:14   #230
Senior - BHPian

Is it good pricing for a CBU? May be but I would put my money on top spec Creta or Seltos which equally matches T-Roc in terms of features/engine/Size. My major concern would be availability of parts and servicing costs. You do get exclusivity though.

Last edited by PrideRed : 18th March 2020 at 22:23.
Old 18th March 2020, 22:22   #231
Senior - BHPian

I am not really sure how VW is going to gain any volumes on the T-Roc. 23 lakhs on-road in Kerala, it would struggle in the value game against the Creta, Seltos and the Harrier. This is essentially a Golf cross-over.

I love the design as I do all VWs with their sharp, straight lines. However at Skoda Octavia prices, I'd rather pick up an Octavia which is so much more value.

Might have made more sense to drop the DSG and offer it with the six speed manual that it gets in the UK and shave a couple of lakhs off. The car actually highlights the plethora of features the competition comes with.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 22:51   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheenazk View Post
Yes it does have adaptive cruise control which basically means that it will maintain a pre-determined distance from the vehicle ahead of it and adjust speeds accordingly.
Is it mentioned in the specifications? I was under the impression that the Adoptive cruise controls are not offered in India as it involves a radar signal frequency which reserved for something else (like military). I could be wrong but I have read something along that line.
Old 18th March 2020, 23:07   #233
BHPian

Its not mentioned in brochure.
But I guess some Cruise Control similar to vento could be offered, if not ACC.
Old 18th March 2020, 23:24   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Pretty surprised to see the DQ200 on this. Thought the newer cars and this especially being a CBU would come with one of the newer DQ series gearboxes.
Well the reason the torque has been capped at 250Nm in the 1.5L Tsi is so that the engine can be paired to the DQ200. The 2.0L uses the DQ381 which is more expensive.
Unfortunately, VW group did many unethical and extraordinarily foolish things in their bid to dethrone Toyota to become the World's No. 1 automobile company. This included fudging the pollution data on their diesel engines and bringing out imperfect products like the DQ200 to the market. They paid a heavy price costing them billions of dollars in fines, their reputation in tatters and their former CEO Martin Winterkorn being charged with fraud and embezzlement & stifiling competition.
But things have changed since then and along with that the DQ200 which has been significantly improved since 2017. They can't afford to damage their reputation any longer. So as long as you take care of the basic things with regard to the DQ200, it should serve you well with only the usual wear & tear associated with any engine part.

Last edited by Timothy : 18th March 2020 at 23:30.
Timothy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 23:57   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
Its not mentioned in brochure.
But I guess some Cruise Control similar to vento could be offered, if not ACC.
I got this from user manual of T-ROC from UK website. It mentions adaptive cruise control.
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-acc.jpg  

Old 19th March 2020, 00:28   #236
BHPian

Renuka Kripalani from Autocar just confirmed its Independent Multi link suspension for the T-Roc
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-e60a401cd2a44213b543c19971585f7b.png  

autohead115 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 00:32   #237
BHPian

I have a question, will karoq be similarly priced? The interiors seem much nicer and it has virtual cockpit and 9 airbags, electronic driver seat adjust and full panoramic roof, im ok it being 1lac expensive for what it offers, perfect at 25L otr
Old 19th March 2020, 00:38   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Is it mentioned in the specifications? I was under the impression that the Adoptive cruise controls are not offered in India as it involves a radar signal frequency which reserved for something else (like military). I could be wrong but I have read something along that line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheenazk View Post
I got this from user manual of T-ROC from UK website. It mentions adaptive cruise control.
My doubt was, whether the same is allowed legally in India. If not, they may disable the feature while importing.
Old 19th March 2020, 00:48   #239
BHPian

On Volkswagen's India website it is mentioned that rear suspension is independent multi link. Though they have also placed an asterisk saying specifications are as per EU car.
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-screenshot_20200319004619599_com.android.chrome.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-screenshot_20200319004640796_com.android.chrome.jpg  

Old 19th March 2020, 06:56   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
There is no mention of ground clearance. They had planned to tweak it to Indian road needs. I hope it remains 161mm as in EU.
Most manufacturers in India now don't specify GC in their brochures. Reason : ARAI rule mandates that GC mentioned should be the one with laden weight.

It will drive customers away if they mention it because ground clearance of a vehicle will be roughly 20% less when it's laden.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/arai-u...ment-standards
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks