Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2022, 09:18   #1801
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

The rear looks do tend to polarise opinions.
Compared with the endeavour for example this is more flat. The slightly more raked rear windshield of the endeavour and its visible rear belt line makes for a good aesthetic.

I also think that much depends on the angle from which the vehicle is photographed.

I suspect that they didnt do this with the Scorpio for fear of impinging, however slightly, on the last row headroom and luggage space. Hence the relatively flattish design when compared with the Endy.

Saying all of this, I personally really love the looks of this vehicle. Front view, Side view, Rear and the various ‘3 quarter’ views as well.

I think this vehicle looks will grow on us.

There are so many photos to look at and now the vehicle is launched one can go and peer minutely at it and form one’s opinions all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
The rear of the vehicle looks more like a Xylo and makes the vehicle look more like a MPV than a SUV.

I hope they address this issue in the face-lift!
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-48d62f970f9540e492c49ca392f4e4ec.jpeg  

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-dbccf98f2a3341c285f45fabbcc7308e.jpeg  

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-90dd72afe22244b1a87cdb5c4c18d21d.jpeg  

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-29c5fb1ddf134f8aa2a2348c74250f58.jpeg  

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-4b7d47e921f448a4a8177278e3c114bc.jpeg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 29th June 2022 at 09:24.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 09:29   #1802
BHPian

Had a look at the Scorpio-N on the day of launch.
  • The front look is super butch; It looked classy.
  • The 255mm wide tires give it a monstrous look.
  • Even the interiors were a big thumbs-up.
100/100 in all the above 3 departments.

The added body-length mostly seems to be because of the oval'ish bulge at the rear door; Sadly, it does not add much to the boot-space. The boot looked even more cramped than my current 2010 Scorpio.

And proving the cry-baby that I have been since Day-1, the 3rd row does not come with Air Conditioning vents (I thought we were talking D-Segment here ).

So, my drool on the big daddy comes to an end. I did not even bother to take a test drive.

Not discouraging any potential buyers here, but just that, it does not meet my requirements.

Scorpio-N is an amazing package by Mahindra if you are looking for a 4/5 seater (or probably an occasional 7/8 seater) Large RWD/4WD SUV.

Anyway, I went straight ahead to the Toyota Showroom and bid good-bye to my good old 2010 Scorpio. Now awaiting the delivery of my Innova Crysta GX AT.
msarunms1987 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 09:40   #1803
BHPian

Went to see the Scorpio N yesterday unfortunately it is going over my budget as diesel on road price is over 15 Lakhs. The model i liked was Z4 as it would be decent but it is going more higher. Sharing Bangalore pricelist and brochure for those interested. Sireesh Auto said test drives will begin from 5 July and price is only valid for first 25000 bookings. No timelines for delivery yet post booking launch on 30 July.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SCORPIO N PRICES - Jun'22 - WEF 27.06.pdf (113.3 KB, 743 views)
File Type: pdf Scorpio Big Daddy_CombinedBrochure (1).pdf (4.77 MB, 228 views)
Dushie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 10:34   #1804
BHPian

Wow the Deep forest color looks insane! Perfect for the off-roader. I especially also love the Everest white which looks truly classy.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-screenshot-20220629-10.19.05-am.png

The interiors look mature and amazingly premium. My only criticism is that they could have made the steering look a tiny bit more premium . Too much plastic on it, compared to the rest of the interior.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-screenshot-20220629-10.17.39-am.png

But all that said, none of this matters. Mahindra has gone out of its way this time to get the unbelievable pricing for the car. At 11.99 ex-showroom, it basically touches the premium hatchback i20 N8's 11.87 ex-showroom in the B segment. So, they appeal to all customers from the B to D segment!

Hats off to Mahindra. At a time when most manufacturers are increasing their prices to take advantage of the current market situation, Mahindra is making a statement by going in the opposite direction.

Last edited by akshaysehgal : 29th June 2022 at 10:37.
akshaysehgal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 10:35   #1805
BHPian

Thank you for the comparison. That effectively rules out the Scorpio-N Z8/L for me.

Cutting corners in the safety package is really bad. At least even if I decide to buy one, the lower end variants now make more sense, rather than pay a premium for a half baked curtain airbag that is only present in Z8/L variants.
Honesty, I am so very disappointed, I was almost sold on the Z8L.

The more I look at the XUV 700, it makes more sense, the automatic prices have not yet been revealed to avoid the initial price shock. The 20L sticker for the top variant manual is just to define the headline, the onroad for the top end automatic Scorpio Ns will end up more expensive than the XUV 700 equivalents with all the price hikes in a couple of months. But this is just my humble opinion, would love to hear alternate thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

It doesn't. See the comparison of the curtain airbags of the Scorpio-N with those in the XUV7OO:-

Scorpio-N.

Attachment 2326631

XUV7OO.

Attachment 2326632

Last edited by pandabear : 29th June 2022 at 10:36.
pandabear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 10:44   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Attachment 2326661

What about the Getaway? Any news on that? Will it still be based on the previous gen Scorpio or what? Either way, it suits the look much better than the current one, which looks silly and foolish from the front (my own opinion).
I’m sure they will make one. While no one bought it in india, it was the most popular Scorpio variant in export markets.
dragracer567 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 10:54   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer567 View Post
I’m sure they will make one. While no one bought it in India, it was the most popular Scorpio variant in export markets.
Yes it has a lot of appeal in overseas markets, its highly unlikely the Scorpio-N is sold as a pick up truck, in most probable sense Mahindra may just continue with the current getaway it has on sale in overseas markets. They may give it a minor treatment after the Scorpio Classic facelift launches here in India.

As it was confirmed by Mr Veejay Narka the Scorpio-N launched simultaneously in nepal and South Africa on the 27th of june, has anyone seen any news about it on the local forums or media houses of the country

Also for those who are not aware the Scorpio pikup outsells trucks like the Ford Ranger, Land Cruiser 70 series in South Africa on a monthly basis
Cliff9091 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 11:19   #1808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
The last row completely tumbles and creates more space with flat surface. Take a look at the video towards the end.

https://Youtu.be/My5JqQqXN5U
While the Scorpio-N looks exciting, I feel it has gone a step backwards on some aspects:

1. The interior space looks less compared to my 2013 Xylo (E9, mHawk) 8 seater. The 3rd row seats look much less spacious despite being 142 mm longer! Has the long bonnet eaten into the interior space? The 3rd row in the Xylo can comfortably seat 3 moderately tall adults.

2. Is the floor on Scorpio-N not completely flat? Xylo had a flat floor for an RWD vehicle.

3. The boot space looks similar to what it is in Xylo with all 3 rows up. But looking at the video the boot looks smaller with 3rd row folded compared to Xylo.

4. The last row should have been 50:50 or 60:40 fold. No flat-folding 3rd row, really? This is a shortcoming I am living with in E9.

5. For a budget MPV, the Xylo has roof mounted AC vents! Two each in the 2nd and 3rd row, which are quite effective in proving comfort in all the rows.

No learning in past 10 years?
Ravi.Zedd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 11:28   #1809
BHPian

An update on the colors of the Scorpio N. While nothing of the sort seems to be mentioned in the brochure, the article below claims the following variant-wise color availability distribution:

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpiocolors.png

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...ours-29299.htm
tarunjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 11:34   #1810
BHPian

Unlike XUV, This is a proper generation upgrade,
Looks, Features, Engine, Road Presence all are bang on, this is going to repeat THAR success for Mahindra,

Only strange thing is they have not revealed automatic prices. Given their intended urban positioning, the price range (15-25L) and the behaviour shift in the customer cohort there will be significant sales from AT variants,

on a different note, can anyone help with the fuel economy of 2L turbo petrol, how it is performing in Thar & XUV.
Old 29th June 2022, 11:57   #1811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asoon View Post
on a different note, can anyone help with the fuel economy of 2L turbo petrol, how it is performing in Thar & XUV.
I get in the range of 8-9 in my Petrol THAR AT. 70% city and 30% highway and I do drive a bit hard!
alokk0912 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 12:15   #1812
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
Drowsy detection

Mention of curtain airbags twice (Z8 variant)

Sony branded speakers?

Powered seat - but which seat? Could have added 'driver' or 'driver+passenger'

4WDAT - took a while to understand it is 4WD AT (how much difference hitting spacebar makes)

The content design team was really rushed it seems, almost last minute, or someone forgot to do the proofreads properly, that too for such an important car for the company.....However, the car looks promising and ride looks well sorted. Waiting till the embargo ends and reviews come out!
Considerng the kind of garbage that the Chinese and Koreans throw at us (FWD monocoque large hatches cavorting as SUVs) I think Mahindra deserves only kudos for their products over the past few months. Semantics and hair-splitting has become staple in our social media. Sad that it is showing up on T-BHP too.
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 12:25   #1813
BHPian

I currently own a new Thar Diesel MT HT and while it ticks a lot of boxes on the fun front, it misses out on the practicality front. I was excited to learn that the Z4 Scorpio-N (diesel) will offer 4WD in manual mode and seriously considered replacing Thar with it.
I assumed the Z4 would combine the capability of the T4 with the practicality of a 5-door SUV without breaking the wallet. I was naive and wrong. If you want the capability of Thar and the practicality of Scorpio N, you'll need to stretch to Z8 models.
Thanks Mahindra, Your variant spread has helped to make up my mind. I'll keep my Thar (will be posting my one-year ownership experience soon).

While Mahindra boasts excellent safety ratings, the omissions of ESC and rollover mitigation in Z2 and Z4 models are saddening and a deal-breaker for me. I can live without BLD and MLD and one can retrofit MLD. I am not so sure the same can be done with ESC and rollover mitigation. If no new /low-cost hardware is required to enable ESC, Mahindra should allow it on all variants.

Compiling the features just related to 4WD below.
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-spread.jpg
ambarkhan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 12:31   #1814
BHPian

The car looks great both from outside and inside.
The stance is wonderful, except for a little MUVish look at the rear
Lots of features
Infact I had a pre-booking done with a dealer for a D 2WD AT
I was expecting a OTR Chennai price of around 26L for this
I wanted to replace my 6 year old Manual Z Crysta as the congestion on my daily round trip of 50 kms (especially evenings) was getting harder
Wanted to change to Automatic
Considered G AT Crysta and ScorpioN
Crysta was extremely comfortable for 6 of us on a Chennai - Thekkady trip with both my Adult daughters having no difficulty in travelling 600 Kms one way in the last row of Crysta

Now, ScorpioN was Launched, and on the same day, I booked a Toyota Fortuner 2016 2WD AT (the butch version) from Toyota UTrust. (I went to do a Crysta Automatic test drive and I saw this one) People, for sure, will call me stupid.

The major downer on ScorpioN was the boot space with three rows up, and the A/C vents - No vents for 3rd row and knee level vents for the second row. Crysta was awesome on all these parameters. Fortuner matched all these requirements and anyway, I thought let me drive the T Fort for sometime.

Financially my outflow was also reduced to 1/2 which was another major point.

I still love the ScorpioN and my decision is definitely a mixed feeling, but that is what it is.

Congratulations to M&M for bringing out a great car and I would still continue with a Toyota & Mahindra Garage

Swami
swami69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 12:32   #1815
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

They've absolutely hit it out of the park with this one.
I love every single bit and have registered for the test drive as well.

However, my only two complaints are:
1. 57L fuel capacity is pathetic. It should be at least 70L (XUV500 Has 70L)
2. No Petrol 4WD AT. Guess they wanted to leave it exclusive with the Thar

I will try to sort my finances with little or no hope of being able to buy it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks