Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2020, 06:34   #241
BHPian

re: The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmreaper_gtr View Post
It somehow looks a lot more proportionate than the Harrier. The picture isn't very clear, but the alloys seem to be sized just right. Mirrors are still the same big ones
True that looks to have a good stance. Are they planning panoramic sunroof on this? Doesn't the Discovery Sport come with one? That would be a great addition.
Avenger_123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 20:03   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The production-ready version was caught on the outskirts of Bangalore by my good friend Aditya.
It was equipped with all 4 disc brakes.
So I have been thinking about buying a SUV (more a UV/ tourer than an offroad machine) for last 6 months or so, had shortlisted Hexa & Compass as the final two contenders. I have been waiting for BS4 offers to sweeten further to decide.

Things changed after I saw the very same car near Hubbali on 22nd December, probably, on it's way to Bangalore. I can confirm that it does have much better presence than the Harrier. It's almost like love at first sight for me. So much so that Gravitas is top recommendation on my you tube account. I am really looking forward to it's launch.

Last edited by ampere : 9th January 2020 at 07:43. Reason: trimmed dead parts of quoted post
Rajiv0909 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 01:34   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Production-spec caught on camera by Padmanava Mandal earlier today.

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-2.jpg

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-1.jpg

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-3.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 09:07   #244
BHPian

Saw this test mule while returning from Hyderabad to Pune. SUV was very agile for its size and I was finding it difficult to catch up in my Ford Figo TDCi.

Who_are_you is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 14:56   #245
BHPian

Anyone has insights into possible launch prices of Gravitas? Some of the online portals are indicating a bump of 50 to 60 thousand for Gravitas manual variants as compared to Harrier manual.
But that is exactly Hexa territory!!

Last edited by busydrive : 13th January 2020 at 15:04.
Old 13th January 2020, 15:27   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
That may be current territory of the Hexa, but Hexa will also see a price increase due to the BS6 compliance hardware. So the difference would remain. From the bits & pieces of info here on different threads, production of BS-4 Hexa's looks to have been stopped and new ones would be BS-6.

(For those who have missed - @Ravenavi has shared that Hexa will continue with BS6 versions)
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 15:54   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
Saw this test mule while returning from Hyderabad to Pune. SUV was very agile for its size and I was finding it difficult to catch up in my Ford Figo TDCi.
Road presence seems comparable to the Pajero
Old 13th January 2020, 17:38   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
That may be current territory of the Hexa, but Hexa will also see a price increase due to the BS6 compliance hardware. So the difference would remain.

(For those who have missed - @Ravenavi has shared that Hexa will continue with BS6 versions)
This is a good point. From marketing positioning point I think Gravitas will be positioned above Hexa. I can be wrong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_fox View Post
Road presence seems comparable to the Pajero
However if we look at specs presented by Tata during auto show, Gravitas is shorter than Hexa in both width and length.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th January 2020 at 17:58. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 13th January 2020, 17:43   #249
BHPian

Quote:
However if we look at specs presented by Tata during auto show, Gravitas is shorter than Hexa in both width and length.
True, in my personal opinion the Gravitas would be designed a lot better than the HEXA and that is a big +1 for me.

Last edited by vb-saan : 13th January 2020 at 19:17. Reason: Typo correction
Old 13th January 2020, 18:07   #250
BHPian

https://gaadiwaadi.com/7-key-things-...en-seater-suv/

Article says it will be equipped with AWD and independent rear suspension. Cost around 20L.
GaadiWaadi articles are generally seen as trustable sources. Maybe they got it wrong this time?
grimmreaper_gtr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 19:37   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone has insights into possible launch prices of Gravitas? Some of the online portals are indicating a bump of 50 to 60 thousand for Gravitas manual variants as compared to Harrier manual.
It's my guess that Tata will price (ex showroom) as follows-

XE - Rs. 13.99L

XM - Rs. 15.25

XT - Rs. 16.5
XTA - Rs. 18

XZ - Rs. 18.3
XZA - Rs. 19.99

Hexa will lose it's territory for BS6, sales numbers are dismal and don't justify additional investments.

Last edited by Rajiv0909 : 13th January 2020 at 19:38.
Old 13th January 2020, 19:57   #252
Senior - BHPian

From the images of the interior, it does look like it will get all 4 windows one touch up/down and the central locking as a seperate knob within the door release mechanism. From the images, it does seem to me atleast that TATA has put in a whole hearted effort in bringing a complete package. Well done and keep it up TATA.

My only wish is that they follow-up with regular updates like the german manufacturers do. Every 10years, bring in the new model and in 5 years bring in a mid-life update to the design and the features. This will ensure that models like Safari which has a huge fan following keep its fans loyal to the brand and at the same time get to use the latest safety as well as technological advancements. Changing model names and redesigning a new car every 5 - 8 years causes one to lose interest in the brand and cannot identify himself/herself with one car. This could very well be that how indian market works but I personally prefer to keep my cars and like to call myself a brand (model) loyalist. Like how BMW represents itself in the form of 3, 5 and 7 series (1, 2, 4, 6, 8 are add ons and to me the X-models are also derivatives) and over the years, no matter what has kept this basic lineup the same. In TATA, there was indica then Manza and zest, bolt, tigors, altroz and so on. This is where Maruti, Toyota are clever, they have kept the Alto or innova image constant.

My wish would be a synergized effort from TATA even to the detail of where the switches are placed within the interior should be constant across models ala Mercedes where over decades they have not changed their wiper stalk position and functionality.

All the best TATA for their Altroz and Gravitas. Looking forward to another world-class safe vehicle from TATA.

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 13th January 2020 at 20:05.
AlphaKilo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 22:27   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
It's my guess that Tata will price (ex showroom) as follows-

XE - Rs. 13.99L

XM - Rs. 15.25

XT - Rs. 16.5
XTA - Rs. 18

XZ - Rs. 18.3
XZA - Rs. 19.99

Hexa will lose it's territory for BS6, sales numbers are dismal and don't justify additional investments.
These numbers actually looks optimistic but I will hope Tata keeps the introductory prices in this range. 1 lakh for BS6 and another 1.5 lakhs for extended space and auto.
Harrier XT manual costs 15.9 ex showroom.
If Tata keeps an XMA it will sell more.

Last edited by busydrive : 13th January 2020 at 22:53.
Old 14th January 2020, 09:46   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
From the images of the interior, it does look like it will get all 4 windows one touch up/down and the central locking as a seperate knob within the door release mechanism. From the images, it does seem to me atleast that TATA has put in a whole hearted effort in bringing a complete package. Well done and keep it up TATA.
How'd you recognise that the windows were all 1 touch up/down? Can you quote the relevant images? Thanks.
Old 14th January 2020, 13:13   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted on the roads of Hubli a couple of days back by Facebook user AutoUnplugged.

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-1.jpg

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-2.jpg

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-3.jpg

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-4.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks