French [Peugeot, Citroen etc et] 9 1.08%
German [BMW, Merc, etc ] 408 48.92%
Japanese [Toyota, Honda etc] 329 39.45%
Korean [Hyundai, Kia etc etc] 24 2.88%
Voters: 834. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2004, 01:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

when it comes to engines, gearboxes, reliability, fuel efficiency,....etc..., there is only one breed in mind. thats JAPANESE.
Old 12th July 2004, 11:29   #32
BHPian

German, i love the BMW's
i also love the American Ford Mustangs, all the american muscle cars and then the Japs with the Honda's, Nissans and Toyotas
Old 13th July 2004, 02:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Mar. 12 2004,11:43)]Look at how successful the Skoda has faired (it is german after everything). Indian owners have been really happy with the reasonable ownership costs.

But just look how its japanese rival( Corolla) has beaten it.
sales of corolla is just the double of Skoda Octavia.
In India, Japanese will continue to dominate over the Germans at leasts in terms of sales volume ...coz they are cheaper to maintain and more fun to be thown around with less fear.
Germans fare better only in terms of Safety and stability
Old 13th July 2004, 02:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (F 50 @ May 12 2004,11:47)]As port_head said C220's fuel efficiency is quite good 10 in city n round 20 odd on highway ..
I doubt any Merc giving 20kmpl on thehighway .....it can be max 15 and not more
Old 16th July 2004, 13:17   #35
BHPian

iam with german cars.
Old 28th July 2004, 13:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hey cool,but where did the Italians go?
The cars we all dream bout.Anyways,amongst the top list i guess American is all out for me,cos it kinda sux...
Wud settle for Japanese or Germans.Toughie between the two but wud go with the Japs as they appeal more to me.

Keep Rockin!
Old 29th July 2004, 02:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

all those who voted for germans, specially for bmw fans .
read below:
Source : Economic Times (7/26/04)

BMW to discuss with Govt for opening Kerala unit
Tuesday, July 27, 2004

KOCHI: A four-member team from the world renowned luxury car manufacturer BMW will hold discussions with Kerala government officials here on Monday on the setting up of its manufacturing facility at Kochi.

The delegation, led by BMW's international operations senior manager, Wolfram Rehm, will also visit the proposed site for the facility, Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation (KSIDC) sources said.

They would hold talks with the Managing Directors of KSIDC and KINFRA (Kerala Infrastructure Development authority), P H Kurien and Gopala Pillai respectively.

The team is here to assess the quality of social infrastructure at Kochi and is likely to visit selected schools, hospitals and factories in the state's commercial hub.

The government is understood to have offered about 25 acres of land in the KINFRA park at nearby Kalamassery, and promised uninterrupted power supply and adequate potable water.

The delegation, which arrived here late on Saturday, is also likely to inspect the facilities at the Kochi port and hold discussions with the port officials during its four-day visit to Kerala.

If the state succeeds in bringing BMW to Kochi, it would be the company's third largest manufacturing facility after China and Malaysia.

Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka are also trying to woo the car major and the team is here after visiting Hyderabad and Bangalore
Source : Economic Times (7/26/04)
Old 29th July 2004, 02:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

this article for the merc fans

DaimlerChrysler to launch 'Actros' by year-end
Tuesday, July 27, 2004
Source : Economic Times (7/25/04)

NEW DELHI: Luxury carmaker DaimlerChrysler India has firmed up plans to foray into commercial vehicles with the launch of 'Actros' trucks by year-end, a top company official said here on Sunday.

"The launch of 'Actros' trucks will mark our foray into commercial vehicles in India. The entire homologation process is expected to be completed by September-October this year and we plan to launch the trucks by the end of this year or early next year," DaimlerChrysler India chief Hans-Michael Huber said.

Asked about the pricing of the trucks, he said the company was working on it and a lot would depend on the import duty as 'Actros' would be brought in completely built units (CBUs).

The German-US automaker, which aims to post 14 per cent sales growth at 1,800 cars in 2004, said profit was expected to go up by 15-20 per cent this year over Rs 34 crore last year.

"We hope to cross Rs 500 crore turnover mark this year over last year's 430 crore," Huber said. The company has invested Rs 600 crore in its Indian operations till date. DaimlerChrysler also planned to launch 'Jeep Cherokee' and 'Grand Cherokee' models in India.

Both the 'Jeep' models from the Chrysler stable had been shown to a number of customers and the company was in the process of evaluating the response, he said.

Huber said "people like 'Jeep' models but the price issue will be crucial. The price will play a major role in deciding whether we introduce these models in India or not".

He, however, refused to give any detail about the price of the models.

On car sales, he said the 'E Class' and 'C Class' would contribute a large chunk of the company's total sales.

"The 'C' and 'E' classes are expected to touch about 750-800 units each along with 100 units of CBUs and about 120 'S' class," Huber said.

The company has already sold 877 units till June, 2004 which included 440 units of 'E' class and 335 units of 'C' class.

'Actros' will be in direct competition with Swedish auto firm Volvo which is also selling premium trucks in India
Source : Economic Times (7/25/04)
Old 1st August 2004, 11:35   #39
Team-BHP Support

German for me anyday. (doesn't have to be a Mercedes, Beemer... a VW is good enough!)
Would have been a tie between British & German automobiles if this post had that option.
French would follow closely after the above two.
I'm neither much of an Italian automobile fan, nor American. The Japanese manufacturers make good cars for kids (maybe Lexus & Toyota would make an exception).
Korean automobiles.... oh well! I don't like them too much.

Old 14th August 2004, 03:53   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aah78 @ Aug. 01 2004,10:05)]The Japanese manufacturers make good cars for kids (maybe Lexus & Toyota would make an exception).
I disagree on his my dear friend .
I dont think the following Japanese cars are for kids

1. Nissan Skyline
2. Honda NSX
3. Misubishi Lancer EVO
4. MAzda RX lineup
5. Supra
just to name a few.

They dont have the ferrari and Lambo type cars , but they
have the best reliable engines in the world.
They make the most practical cars.
JApanese cars are really meant for the driver rather than for the rear passenger (chauffer driven)
JApanese car are the best for after market mods.
cheap to maintain.
Total VFM package
Old 14th August 2004, 11:01   #41
Senior - BHPian

after seeing the beemer in the transporter yesterday would go with the germans!
but feel the japs and koreans give out overall vfm packages
Old 1st September 2004, 19:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

i will go with the american cars .... very flashy , very bullyish a\, in your face......and yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]too much to handle.
Old 5th October 2004, 10:33   #43
BHPian

I'm going with American cars...
Old 6th October 2004, 03:00   #44
Senior - BHPian

whatevr we like
In India , Japanese rulez and I think will continue for the next 5 years at least
Old 6th October 2004, 16:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

I think the skoda octavia 1.9 tdi rocks, so its german cars for me....i own a korean car ... crdi....im pretty happy with that as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks