French [Peugeot, Citroen etc et] 9 1.08%
German [BMW, Merc, etc ] 408 48.92%
Japanese [Toyota, Honda etc] 329 39.45%
Korean [Hyundai, Kia etc etc] 24 2.88%
Voters: 834. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2005, 00:11   #76
BHPian

Ferraris and BMS aside, for the sheer ease of maintanance and driving I would prefer a NSX. Heard from my friend who drives a porsche and a chevrolet sting ray (the classis one not sure about the name though) says his porsche seldom gives him any problems. It is infact his daily ride. He says its almost as easy to drive and maintain as a Merc or BMW
Old 1st April 2005, 10:56   #77
BHPian

Myself,Not a Millionaire,In Mumbai...Then the Japanese are the best for all practical and reliability factors.Although I own a European design these Jap cars are the best when it comes to blending Power and efficiency.Lest I forget,Refinement as well as smoothness of the engine are synonymous with japanese cars.

Rahul
Old 2nd April 2005, 00:33   #78
BHPian

Without a doubt German cars for those excellent Built qualities ,solid looks, ride comfort to name a few ,which jap ,americans ,koreans can never come close to .
Old 3rd April 2005, 09:18   #79
BHPian

German for me, i don't think there's anything that can beat german engineering.

The fact remains that i'll probaly end up owning Jap , american or korean cars but , if i do win a lottery then german it would be :-)
Old 3rd April 2005, 18:05   #80
Senior - BHPian

If I wanted value for money - max car for min price with great reliability and service, I'd go for Korean. Kia over Hyundai.

If I wanted all of the above PLUS great engines and years and years of trouble-free motoring, I'd go for Japanese.

If I wanted good interiors, a solid-feeling build coupled with good engines, didnt mind niggling issues and expensive service + spares, I'd go for European cars.

If I wanted most of the stuff I would find in a Japanese car, but wanted to be snooty and show that I can afford to pay more, I'd buy German.

If I didnt want reliability, didnt want good engines, didnt want a decent build, didnt mind frequent dealer visits, didnt mind electrical complaints and knew that GB would get me cheap oil from Iraq or any other country that he takes a fancy to, I'd go for a big 6 litre american truck even if I didnt know what I would do with it. Better still, I'd go for a Humvee Stretch Limo with neon lights and fake fur seats, chrome on everything thats not not flexible and enough lights outside to put a 'OK TATA HORN PLEASE' truck to shame. Oh yeah, and throw in Christina Aguilera in the backseat too...

If I lived in India with costly fuel, pot holed roads, stop and go traffic, a cooking gas supplier who doesnt deliver, neighbours kids to drop at school, weekend trips to my 'native place' on harakiri state highways, suspect fuel quality and adultrated lubricants - all of which I need to manage on a 4 figure rupee salary, then its
OK TATA INDICA !!! And yes, HORN PLEASE.
Old 7th April 2005, 21:13   #81
BHPian

'steeroid' has definitely said a lot of truth.....i personally feel that japanese cars are the best...especially the ACs made by them...but german cars are a big status symbol?
Old 8th April 2005, 14:01   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyaksh
'steeroid' has definitely said a lot of truth.....i personally feel that japanese cars are the best...especially the ACs made by them...but german cars are a big status symbol?
Try to think of big names in cars and see how many of them are German. You'll figure it out yourself :d
Old 10th April 2005, 11:08   #83
BHPian

its really hard not to go in for the german babies rite???
Old 28th July 2005, 02:29   #84
BANNED

german for the quality reliabilty and for class
Old 28th July 2005, 12:00   #85
BHPian

Guys,
U missed out on Italian cars...Fiat/Ferrari/Lambourgini
I guess it would won this poll hands down.

Conan.

Last edited by Conan : 28th July 2005 at 12:02.
Old 28th July 2005, 13:00   #86
BHPian

German & Japanese for me
Old 28th July 2005, 20:33   #87
BHPian

American cars for the mustang muscles....

German and Italian cars for performance.........

Japanese cars for raw power with stability......
Old 11th August 2005, 19:48   #88
BHPian

German cars anyday!

Italians come next......Basically the Europeans!
Old 11th August 2005, 20:03   #89
Senior - BHPian

1. Lexus can put Mercedez to shame.
2. Camry and Accord can put VW Passat to shame.

US is the most competitive auto market and its dominated by Japanese machines that overshadow and outdo their European counterparts. Watch out for BAR and Toyota fighting for the championship in the future.

Last edited by aseem : 11th August 2005 at 20:06.
Old 11th August 2005, 20:30   #90
BANNED

Having owned many number of US made cars( mostly muscle ), also several German makes like VW and MB, I was the last in my circle to switch to Japanese cars, they proved to be among the most reliable and trouble free, case in point, my 94 Accord V6, 561000 miles and still running, before that, put in 161,000 trouble free miles on my Mazda Protege'. This is my collective experience of 17 years of driving in the US and also tuning and racing many cars, the Japanese cars are simply well built, especially in the power-train department IMHO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks