Japanese [Toyota, Honda etc] 329 39.45%
Korean [Hyundai, Kia etc etc] 24 2.88%
Voters: 834. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2005, 13:08   #226
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
See my reply to Wolf's post to clear the confusion. I raised this point because there is a place in India where they still run these relics as taxis. The Patrols (Jonga right?) and Land Cruisers are very good off roaders, but tell me dude, if I gave you the money enough to buy a Land Rover and asked you to spend all of that money on a car which one would you buy? Answer from the heart.

Having driven a Range Rover and a Land Rover TDi, never, would rather drive the Gurkha albeit with the OM 617 turbo, but seriously, Land Cruiser would make me happy but even though my finances would allow me to buy one, refuse to pay the stupid import duty imposed by our lawmakers, just against my principle. Point is a 4WD is for utility, not for myth, Land Cruisers are used by all the leading safari companies in Africa not because they are biased, it is because they are a necessity for if you do get stuck in the bushes, it would be quite inconvenient. Guess you know where my heart is, certainly not in myths or pedigree but pure functionality. By the way, have you ever driven a Land Cruiser off the road and then had the chance to compare it to a Range Rover or you just are assessing it on toilet roll journalism from the likes of Biased Broadcasting Corporation with that pompous fat fool?

Land Cruisers as well as Pajero are made to last and do their jobs,year in, year out, nothing fancy. By the way, Pajero is record 7 time Paris Dakkar champion, guess they have to be doing something right. By the way, I am sick and tired to see the Japanese being put down as non innovators, guess no one reads my posts carefully, pity. By the way, I will repeat, the Germans copied fuel injection, ABS from the Americans so I guess they are the original copycats then.
Old 14th September 2005, 14:14   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
u dont seem to admire craftmanship hence u have this liking for cheap jap cars(which have no signs of craftmanship).
For the record, I do not own a single 'cheap' Jap car at the moment. I have German (E240), Belgian (Mondeo), French (Smart Brabus) and Indian (Safari Dicor) made cars with me.

I still admire Jap cars, and I count an Accord, a Civic, a Camry and a Hilux amongst the Jap machines I have had with me for fairly long periods of time. These are pretty low-end Jap cars, and yet the experience stood out amongst the other vehicles that I had. My best ownership experience was, however, Korean.

Last edited by Steeroid : 14th September 2005 at 14:18.
Old 14th September 2005, 14:29   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkha
By the way, I will repeat, the Germans copied fuel injection, ABS from the Americans so I guess they are the original copycats then.
FYI : Complete history of ABS. http://www.whnet.com/4x4/abs.html May be this site is owned by a biased racist German?
Old 14th September 2005, 14:37   #229
Senior - BHPian

Chill People

Quote:
not all car companies on this earth make cars to earn huge profits and double their sales every 2 years.
ROFLMAO( Rolling on the floor laughing my ass out!!)

Your contradictiong your own statement!
Quote:
making trucks Merc
for what are trucks made. Luxury or money. only two people i know make trucks. One merc and the other TATA. LOL.

Quote:
the Fiat palio and the golf the clio are examples of excellent small cars from europe
But why dont they sell! Its usually the Japs which sell more. In India the Palios fail to see the light of the day and cars like Swft, Outdated Zens and Suzukis are selling like hot cakes!

Quote:
not difficult in making small cars because consumers dont demand anything else in small cars than economy and easy maintanence which are virtues of a small engine
Try making one yourself! Also who says small engine. Check out Doms Civic outgunning Fiats sister Ferrai 360M(Speedrun 2005)

Quote:
yes everyone wants to make profits but not the type toyota do by mass producing cheap cars.so companies make smaller profits by trying to maintain their luxury and techno edge(which accidentially requires lot of money
Maruti sells 500 800s and Merc sells one S the profit is the same!

Then do they make cars to do Charity for the Rich? Rather they do it for the poor!

Quote:
that is the biggest overstatement anyone would ever make.a toyota is better build than a RR.u have to be kidding me.making a perfectly reliable engine is not making a perfect automobile.go any measure the panel gaps in a RR they would be perfect in Microns and the stiches on the leather will all be in one line without a single inperfection.u dont seem to admire craftmanship hence u have this liking for cheap jap cars(which have no signs of craftmanship).
Who says a Jap does not have signs of craftmanship! The worlds second biggest manufacuterer of cars is Toyota which is just about going to take the first position. So many people cannot be wrong! The number of problems you may face in a RR maybe more then a Toyota! After all what will you do admiring the perfect in microns and the stiches on the leather when you will be stranded in the middle of the road and Jap cars pass by!

Plus Merve extreme since you are a big fan of F1(which your avtaar shows) Reliabilty is the name of the game. i am sure our mod would have preffered a Accord i Vtec then his previous Merc which was dead reliable(Pun Indeed intended)

Quote:
It is not for no reason that S-Class is considered to be the "Best Automobile" on the planet
EXCUSE ME! How can you make such a statement! By any standard the S class is not the best automobile! Its the RR Phantom and yes a BMW is any day better then a Merc!

Quote:
I dare anyone here to sit in a Camry and get that same feeling
The feeling can be got in any car which you buy with your hard earned money!

Rtech tell me how many Merc M class do you see? And how many Lexus LX470s do you see! Doesnot this go to prove that Japs are not far behind when it goes to craftmenship, and mind you its the Japs which have the latest Technos fucntioning always.

Last edited by BUSA : 14th September 2005 at 14:47.
Old 14th September 2005, 14:53   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But why dont they sell! Its usually the Japs which sell more. In India the Palios fail to see the light of the day and cars like Swft, Outdated Zens and Suzukis are selling like hot cakes!
Any Tom-Dick-Harry will say why they didn't sell in India. Palio still remains the best hatchback in India, whether you like it or not.
Quote:
Who says a Jap does not have signs of craftmanship! The worlds second biggest manufacuterer of cars is Toyota which is just about going to take the first position. So many people cannot be wrong!
There is no co-relation between craftmanship and being biggest manufacturer. GM, though No.1 manufacturer for decades, was never known for craftsmanship.
Quote:
The number of problems you may face in a RR maybe more then a Toyota!
And who said that?
Quote:
After all what will you do admiring the perfect in microns and the stiches on the leather when you will be stranded in the middle of the road and Jap cars pass by!
Don't just shoot off your mouth. Have you seen it?
Quote:
i am sure our mod would have preffered a Accord i Vtec then his previous Merc which was dead reliable(Pun Indeed intended)
Dont want to start another debate here, but he bought another Merc.
Quote:
EXCUSE ME! How can you make such a statement! By any standard the S class is not the best automobile!
I could have as well said Maybach. I said S-class, because it is one.
Quote:
mind you its the Japs which have the latest Technos always.
Japanese have excellent production systems. Does not translate that only they have latest technologies.
Old 14th September 2005, 15:16   #231
Senior - BHPian

Japs rules!

Quote:
Any Tom-Dick-Harry will say why they didn't sell in India. Palio still remains the best hatchback in India, whether you like it or not.
I admire Fiat more then you do buddy and am very intent to buy a GTX rather then a Jap but the fact remains that Japs have lesser problems which makes it the better car.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...?t=3939&page=4

Just total the Rs. Up! and you will know what i mean.

Quote:
There is no co-relation between craftmanship and being biggest manufacturer. GM, though No.1 manufacturer for decades, was never known for craftsmanship.
Dont tell me that Corvette is not craftsmenship!

Quote:
And who said that?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...?t=6463&page=3

Quote:
Don't just shoot off your mouth. Have you seen it?
By RR i mean general german cars and you can see for yourself!

http://www.forbes.com/2005/07/01/cx_...featslide.html

Quote:
Dont want to start another debate here, but he bought another Merc.
Since he got a offer which he could not refuse!! An offer to tempting to deny!

Quote:
Next time buy a honda Accord its infiniety more reliable, faster, more fuel efficient, much more fuel efficient has ride quality that is leagues ahead of the competition and a 4 year warranty..
http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Merc...0-72538-1.html

Quote:
I could have as well said Maybach. I said S-class, because it is one.
RR is better then a Maybach!

Quote:
Japanese have excellent production systems. Does not translate that only they have latest technologies.
I can boast of Many features in my car like ESP et all which donot work so whats the use of them being there anywayz!
Old 14th September 2005, 15:20   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way, have you ever driven a Land Cruiser off the road and then had the chance to compare it to a Range Rover or you just are assessing it on toilet roll journalism from the likes of Biased Broadcasting Corporation with that pompous fat fool?
Attaboy Gurkha!!! Dats tellin 'im! On the last part, you took the words right outta my mouth!

Last edited by Steeroid : 14th September 2005 at 15:22.
Old 14th September 2005, 15:26   #233
Team-BHP Support

Busa, obviously you didn't get what I was trying to say. And nothing I write can help that so I shall leave this argument to continue as there is no real end to it. What you'll are basically arguing about are your individual preferences, and that's an argument that can never be won or lost!

Cheers!
Old 14th September 2005, 15:28   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Busa, obviously you didn't get what I was trying to say. And nothing I write can help that so I shall leave this argument to continue as there is no real end to it. What you'll are basically arguing about are your individual preferences, and that's an argument that can never be won or lost!

Cheers!
WHY ARE THE POSTS REPEATING WHEN YOU EDIT?

Last edited by Steeroid : 14th September 2005 at 15:29.
Old 14th September 2005, 15:29   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech

Cheers!
I dont think this arguement is meant to reach a conclusive end. Lets just say its a thread where everyone puts his or her views across and you learn a bit about the other side if you are so inclined...I've learnt a bit myself.

An exchange of views is always educating if you keep an open mind.
Old 14th September 2005, 15:46   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I admire Fiat more then you do buddy and am very intent to buy a GTX rather then a Jap. but the fact remains that Japs have lesser problems which makes it the better car.
Less problems is NOT a better car. BTW, I own a Fiat and have friends who own Palio GTX, S10 and none of them have ANY maintenance issues. Most people having issues with Fiat cars are non-Fiat owners. But let's put Fiat out of this thread Don't go by one thread. OD had a long term car report on GTX and they had only problem with FE and nothing else.
Quote:
One car is not craftmanship. Also, just powerful car is not craftmanship.
Edit Note: Just saw a corvette thread on T-BHP. Look at it to see what people think about Corvette.
Quote:
RR is a british car and not German. You have given a Forbes link But browse through T-BHP for another Forbes article, which criticises MB for reliability but prefers it over Lexus for its originality. See another link given at bottom of this post.
Quote:
Since he got a offer which he could not refuse!! An offer to tempting to deny!
So tempting that you would buy it knowing that it will stall on road and leave you stranded? Don't think so.
Quote:
If you want to say that, but RR is British car and not Japanese.

Quote:
I can boast of Many features in my car like ESP et all which donot work so whats the use of them being there anywayz!
Since you were on "show links" spree, here is one for you. MB SLK outsells Lexus SC in 2005.

Last edited by RX135 : 14th September 2005 at 15:52.
Old 14th September 2005, 16:08   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way, I will repeat, the Germans copied fuel injection, ABS from the Americans so I guess they are the original copycats then.
my god americans developed fuel injection.i am really suprised from which sources u get ur knowledege.

the first fuel injected car on this planet earth was the legandary 1954 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing.

i think u better read about history of cars.here is a link if u want to read about the 300SL.

http://vintagecars.about.com/od/grea..._300sl_pro.htm
Old 14th September 2005, 16:12   #238
Senior - BHPian

lets Cool!

Quote:
Less problems is NOT a better car. BTW, I own a Fiat and have friends who own Palio GTX, S10 and none of them have ANY maintenance issues. Most people having issues with Fiat cars are non-Fiat owners. But let's put Fiat out of this thread Don't go by one thread. OD had a long term car report on GTX and they had only problem with FE and nothing else.
I wont not deny that a Palio is a bad car. But lesser the problems better the car? Aint it! Buttt better then the palio is the swift which happens to be Japanese..

Quote:
One car is not craftmanship. Also, just powerful car is not craftmanship.
Exactly what i mean about Palio 1.6 GTX, lets keep Fiat out of it, i can see bhpians getting mad at me for using Bhpains fav car companys name often! buttt I Love FIAT!

Quote:
Edit Note: Just saw a corvette thread on T-BHP. Look at it to see what people think about Corvette.
My views are similar about Mercs!

Quote:
RR is a british car and not German. You have given a Forbes link But browse through T-BHP for another Forbes article, which criticises MB for reliability but prefers it over Lexus for its originality. See another link given at bottom of this post.
Whats important in a car, reliabilty or originality! decide your preferences first!

Quote:
So tempting that you would buy it knowing that it will stall on road and leave you stranded? Don't think so.
Yeah, well Merc have now tried to upgrade their quality as before. Time will tell!

Quote:
MB SLK outsells Lexus SC in 2005.
Honda Accord outsells every other C, E, S, M, A, G classes in India. Doesnot go to show anything! Or does it.

Again on model cant say much, and the Merc seems to be superior in power on Paper.

Now you may say the Accord is cheaper then C class.

Buttt the Merc is cheaper then the Lexus, so it will sell, Wont it?

And recently said the sales figure dont show which car is better!!

P.S On a personal note i dont hate any Car manufacturer or any country, butt its just that Mercs(Germans) are problematic, they arent like what previous Mercs used to be!

My dream car, my fav luxury car, my fav sports car, my most awaited car in India all are german, and yeah i dont own a Jap car nor do i drive one!!

By the way Its Toyota which touches the perfection and not RR.

Last edited by BUSA : 14th September 2005 at 16:15.
Old 14th September 2005, 16:21   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
I admire Fiat more then you do buddy and am very intent to buy a GTX rather then a Jap but the fact remains that Japs have lesser problems which makes it the better car.
because relibility is or only creteria for rating cars.cars are not Space shuttles dude.and who said that the palio and golf are not reliable.i have a palio and it is perfectly relaible.

Quote:
u obviously dont understand the meaning of craftmanship.take a rado watch and keep it alongside a casio watch and just find out the difference between their builds.

Quote:
RR is a european car build in britan and powered by germany.maybach and RR are equal in quality and workmanship and their abilities.were they differ is that RR is very legandary till today and Maybach was a legand forgotten in the 40's(like the american Pierce arrow) which has now been reborn and will take time to reestablish themselves.try selling a toyota to the queen of england.

Quote:
do u know what is esp.try doing a saloom course in a car without ESP and one with it.these are safety systems designed to run only when one croses the physical limits of the cars ability, and in every day life one dosent do it regularly unless one uses BEST buses as chicanes.
Old 14th September 2005, 16:27   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buttt the Merc is cheaper then the Lexus, so it will sell, Wont it?

are u serious.Mercedes is the cosliest car in its class.take which ever class u want.it is costlier than the BMW,AUDI,JAguar and the cheapest of all is the Lexus(even then it dosent sell)

Quote:
P.S On a personal note i dont hate any Car manufacturer or any country, butt its just that Mercs(Germans) are problematic, they arent like what previous Mercs used to be!
how many mercs have u owned.just because u have heard mercs have reliability issues(specially with those electronics) dosent mean that Mercs workmanship has gone down.when the new s-class comes out just watch out for thier build,examples are already on show in the new SLK and the new M-class.

Quote:
Plus Merve extreme since you are a big fan of F1(which your avtaar shows) Reliabilty is the name of the game.
i will think about it after i take MS's place after he retires(which i hope never happens).thank u.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 14th September 2005 at 16:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks