Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2021, 15:23   #271
BHPian

Re: Hyundai India - The occasional serious quality lapse and apathetic manufacturer response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Other MY 1st Gen Creta owners please chip in whether your power window motors have failed as well or is it linked to only the 2017 MY specifically.
Include mine too in the list. Driver side glass stopped working completely. Service centre narrowed it down to the motor. Don't know how, but by the end of the day they got it working and never told me how they solved the issue.

Last edited by batish : 17th May 2021 at 15:25.
batish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 17:57   #272
BHPian

Re: Hyundai India - The occasional serious quality lapse and apathetic manufacturer response!

Quote:
I guess it’s time to add another quality issue for the 1st Gen Creta, this time being Power Window Motor Pre-mature Failure.

the motor conking off in 3.5-4 years for mostly 2017 owners is strange.

For reference my other 2 cars are 7 years old, (3.5 years more than my Creta) and none have seen a window motor changed till date.
It seems HASS always have power window motors in stock as if they are expecting the issue very often. My switch replacement happened after a month, as they had to order it. But at the same time, almost all the power window motor replacements seemed to be completed the same day itself. That too, most changed by HASS themselves. Is it just a coincidence or Hyundai silently replacing an affected part? Anyone related could throw some light on this?

Quote:
So has Hyundai India used the right material for channels or is the motor for the 1st gen Creta a cheap one?
The power window motor must definitely have quality issues, which cannot be justified to be used, just like the infamous ABS sensors.
sujithsidhardha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 18:27   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Other MY 1st Gen Creta owners please chip in whether your power window motors have failed as well or is it linked to only the 2017 MY specifically.
My car is a Sept 2015 model; so I believe this issue is there since the inception and Hyundai has not bothered to fix it even after 2 years!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
It seems HASS always have power window motors in stock as if they are expecting the issue very often. My switch replacement happened after a month, as they had to order it. But at the same time, almost all the power window motor replacements seemed to be completed the same day itself. That too, most changed by HASS themselves. Is it just a coincidence or Hyundai silently replacing an affected part? Anyone related could throw some light on this?

The power window motor must definitely have quality issues, which cannot be justified to be used, just like the infamous ABS sensors.
Apart from all the 4 power window motors being replaced one after the other; the left power window motor was replaced twice!

If it was a case of a faulty part, then ideally it shouldn't have failed the second time.

Furthermore, now also if I do not use the rear power windows for even 2 / 3 weeks, they don't roll down in a single attempt. I have to press the switch twice or thrice; and then it starts to roll down.

I seriously fail to understand the nature of this problem.
ashvek3141 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 11:09   #274
BANNED

Few recent ones. Seems like Hyundai is easily getting away despite numerous serious issues.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...n-failure.html

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...nt-engage.html (2021 Hyundai Creta 1.4L DCT | Electronic issues, warnings & gear won't engage)

Last edited by wheelguy : 12th June 2021 at 11:20.
wheelguy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 11:33   #275
BHPian

I drive a vw so I am always skeptic of the service experience and so far it has been largely a ok experience as I am always on their head. But having said that, I am very happy with vw built quality and my Vento is still a joy to drive even after 7 years.

I would rather choose to be more vigilant during service than buy a lower quality car in the first place. This is one of the reasons why I would never consider a Hyundai and kia products; they fill the car upto the brim with tech, but quality and safety always seems to be an after thought.
click is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 02:49   #276
BHPian

Has anyone experienced hard brake and clutch pedal in Grand i10? The engine I am referring to is the 1.2l Petrol motor. Is it a known issue?
Old 13th June 2021, 10:16   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi9044 View Post
Has anyone experienced hard brake and clutch pedal in Grand i10? The engine I am referring to is the 1.2l Petrol motor. Is it a known issue?
Haven't noticed such an issue. It's been 4 years now and the clutch is pretty smooth and light. Nothing unusual with the brake pedal as well. AFAIK, slotting the reverse gear is a known problem in Grand i10.
Old 13th June 2021, 11:38   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Few recent ones. Seems like Hyundai is easily getting away despite numerous serious issues.
Sad to see the attitude continues as well - blocking complaining customers, making them run around dealerships for resolution etc!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 11:55   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi9044 View Post
No such issue. Brake pedal has a sharp bite by default in smaller Hyundai cars. If you frequently drive cars from other brands, this abrupt biting action becomes more noticeable.

Stock clutch of my friend's Grand i10 gave up the ghost in just 28k kms but pedal action is otherwise very light and smooth. How many kms has your car done? I'd suggest taking an opinion from some FNGs around you.
Old 13th June 2021, 19:53   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Stock clutch of my friend's Grand i10 gave up the ghost in just 28k kms but pedal action is otherwise very light and smooth. How many kms has your car done? I'd suggest taking an opinion from some FNGs around you.
The car has done around 14k kms. There was a rat attack and i think it has led to some vaccum tube/valve fault. There car is of my cousin and we are going to check the problem soon.
There are no lights on the dashboard. Neither the rpm is high, so maybe there are some other issue besides the vaccum leak. Or maybe the booster has gone bad. Let's see where the fault really is.
abhi9044 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 23:05   #281
BHPian

I'm facing a strange issue in my 2018 next gen Verna. Earlier I was hearing some noise from my steering on road bumps. I mentioned it to the SA in last service during December 2020. He said it is coming from a divinty installed on the dashboard!

I knew he was fooling around but I didn't want to get it opened unnecessarily so they may not further worsen it.

Since last 2 days I'm hearing strange noise while moving the steering on either ends like a plastic ball is dropping inside the steering. On one occasion I couldn't press the horn it became stuck.

Did anyone else face this issue? Any pointers?

How is the warranty claim working for Next Gen Verna at Hyundai?
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 23:33   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
I'm facing a strange issue in my 2018 next gen Verna. Earlier I was hearing some noise from my steering on road bumps. I mentioned it to the SA in last service during December 2020. He said it is coming from a divinty installed on the dashboard!

I knew he was fooling around but I didn't want to get it opened unnecessarily so they may not further worsen it.

Since last 2 days I'm hearing strange noise while moving the steering on either ends like a plastic ball is dropping inside the steering. On one occasion I couldn't press the horn it became stuck.

Did anyone else face this issue? Any pointers?

How is the warranty claim working for Next Gen Verna at Hyundai?
It could be just a loose screw. Opening up the steering isn't as hard at any service centre/ workshop. Once the screw is tightened you won't face this issue ever again. However, my suggestion is based on past experience with Santro Xing & your description of the issue.

Hope it's same & as easily resolved as my words.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 21:15   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
It could be just a loose screw. Opening up the steering isn't as hard at any service centre/ workshop. Once the screw is tightened you won't face this issue ever again. However, my suggestion is based on past experience with Santro Xing & your description of the issue.

Hope it's same & as easily resolved as my words.
So I had to pull few connections and visited another service centre, as I'm sure the closer one wouldn't help out. My car was within warranty and they replaced Steering assembly and 2 link stabilizer worth 12k excluding labour in warranty.

Apart from this they also changed one actuator mode worth Rs 549, this is also a known issue with Next Gen Verna which I saw in a video on YouTube. Will share link if I come across that video. The Actuator assembly swirl control makes some strange noise when it goes bad. This noise is heard when you put in the key and move to accessory mode. That noise is now gone after replacing assembly.

From my experience I see the quality of parts is not very high with Hyundai and most of the service centres are busy pushing you extra services which aren't very useful for car maintenance.

I also purchased 5th year extended warranty for almost 15k just to be on safe side as you never know what parts might become faulty next year.

Hope this helps other Next Gen Verna owners.
yogiii is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 21:28   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post

From my experience I see the quality of parts is not very high with Hyundai and most of the service centres are busy pushing you extra services which aren't very useful for car maintenance.
And that my friend is Hyundai's secret on how they can cram in so many features while being competitive on pricing. After all, jo dikhta h wahi bikta hai (ie. What can be seen is what sells). Cut the cost on quality of parts which will raise their head later on in the ownership, can be easily passed on as wear n tear to the gullible customer!

P.S. Now that they have established, the pricing is also not VFM on any of their models... Look at how aggressive they were when Hyundai wasn't this established (the first gen fluidic Verna, first gen i20 and i10 crammed truck load of features at mouth watering prices).
Candy$Cars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 17:41   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyrider View Post
2018 Grand i10 - Power steering has a mind of its own. Sometimes feels very disconnected with the wheels as other members pointed out. This happens erratically and I cannot replicate this issue. One heart in mouth moment was when it happened on a highway while cruising between 80-100kmph. Luckily, there was no traffic and I was able to pull over on the left shoulder. Switching the car off for 5 min did the trick. This was the last instance and it happened in March just before the lockdown.
Update on the Gi10. Thanks to COVID, the car has covered just 6000 Km in the past 1.5 years. The car was serviced regularly though. This car has started showing it’s true Hyundai colours now.

First instance: Pre-COVID. Started the car one morning, car sounded odd. There were vibrations in the foot pedals. Exhaust too sounded difficult, opened the bonnet only to find the engine vibrating a lot. Felt the car was misfiring. Checked with my usual SVC (I stopped visiting them now) and drove the car slowly to the SVC. OBD diagnosis showed misfiring in 2 cylinders (do not remember which one). They cleared the error, took the car in and did nothing. The car was purring as usual by the time I reached the SVC. They blamed it on contaminated fuel. I took my car back.

Second instance: faced the same issue during Lockdown. Restarting the vehicle used to resolve the issue. Check engine light came on once during this period.

Complained about this during yearly service and as expected, they shrugged it off.

Third instance: Check engine light comes on. I was in my native place at the time. Took it to the nearest dealer. As expected, the dealer blamed on low running. They ran an OBD scan, did not even let me know the diagnosis and apparently cleared the error. They did nothing apart from that and handed the car back over.

Fourth instance: A few months later, I was back in Hyderabad and one fine evening, started the car. This time the whole car was vibrating (mild though). The check engine light was on again. By this time, a new SVC had opened near my home. Took my car to the new SVC. OBD scan revealed misfiring - again! They took the car in. These people atleast dug a bit deep into the issue. Half an hour later, the technician came to me and said that he adjusted the timing for now. If the problem recurs, they will replace the ignition coil under extended warranty. After 1.5 years, and visits to three SVCs, they diagnosed the issue.

I did mention that I’ve reported this issue twice and even took the vehicle for running repairs. The SA came back saying that no such repairs are mentioned in the vehicle history. This was the first time as per their records. I was shocked to learn this. Both the SVCs I’ve visited in the past belong to the same group. Did my ordeal stop here? Nope.

I got the vehicle serviced at the new SVC and drove back to my native place. The vehicle is not running much and I’ve noticed that the coolant level dropped to 3/4th. This was strange for a car that is always parked in the basement and driven 600kms post service on highways. I could not find noticeable leaks. So, I’ve wiped the coolant reservoir clean with a cloth and checked for new leakages. A week later, the area around the rubber hose shows clear coolant deposit - I believe the rubber hose developed a minute crack and has started leaking. Took it to the local SVC who again shrugged this off. I even showed them the deposit by rubbing my hand on the region. They did not even touch the engine and closed the matter stating drop in coolant is expected. I replied with “Yeah, but not leaks!” and they were still in denial mode. I will continue to monitor the coolant situation for now. I really hope the rubber hose does not give up on me out of the blue just like it did in our old (now sold) i10 (the tube that connected the wiper washer nozzle with the reservoir developed a crack and split in half). I have to keep an eye out on the temperature gauge.

I am loosing my faith in this vehicle and if a vehicle that is maintained really well, stored away from the elements is in this state, I wonder what will happen once I am out of warranty. Hyundai just lost a customer for life with their pathetic attitude.
furyrider is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks