Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2021, 14:29   #316
BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

Though I don't know what major features have been deleted, majority of the requirements are still available but at this price, its sure to get customers into the showrooms.
Especially when compared to the rivals.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 15:14   #317
BHPian

I believe it to be a very smart move by Audi. It is a win-win situation for both the customer and Audi: prospective customers have an option to enter this segment at a comparatively lower price point, and at the same time Audi sells more cars than before, which consequently builds up Audi's image further, which again I believe has receded in the last couple of years.

Post this move by Audi, I am genuinely looking forward to seeing more Audi cars on the roads.
Big Smoke is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 16:20   #318
Senior - BHPian

Agree - start move! They are widening the entry price point gap wrt their competition, to their advantage! Wonder what prices A3 will start at! 35L is a good start!!

BMW sells the 330i half heartedly I heard. C class is 63L OTR in Bangalore now!

Last edited by Equus : 6th December 2021 at 16:22.
Equus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 17:37   #319
BHPian

The A4 is an absolute no brainer over the similarly priced A Class and 2 Series. Looks like the only things missing from this variant are the multi zone climate control and multi colour ambient lighting.

It's great to see Audi being aggressive. Hopefully it prompts BMW and Mercedes to price their cars competitively going forward.
thechinmay is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 19:06   #320
Senior - BHPian

That's an interesting move. They will certainly sell more A4s this way. But doesn't it also dilute their brand value ? A4 is now cheaper than a Camry. Can a big 3 German be cheaper than the equivalent Toyota ?
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 21:42   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
That's an interesting move. They will certainly sell more A4s this way. But doesn't it also dilute their brand value ? A4 is now cheaper than a Camry. Can a big 3 German be cheaper than the equivalent Toyota ?
With car prices becoming ever so expensive, I feel we will see more lower end trims of these Germans, such as the 3 / 5 series Sport that was introduced when sales were slower.

About comparison with the camry: the Camry is a size bigger and would be better matched to the A6/5, etc.
lamborghini is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 23:38   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Agree - start move! They are widening the entry price point gap wrt their competition, to their advantage! Wonder what prices A3 will start at! 35L is a good start!!

Absolutely right! i called up a few dealers last month, and nobody had 330i in stock, and didnt even want to encourage it. Everyone is pushing the 330Li which tends to be 53-55 ex showroom!

When i called up Mercedes - C class was discontinued awaiting launch of next MY or facelift. the guy said it will be ~60 ex showroom? I am actually not familiar, but that sounds ridiculous for a C class.

I have seen the CLA and it is such a poor car overall, and at the same price as an A4 now, A4 is a no brainer!

Kudos to merc on being able to rule the charts even with this ridiculous pricing.
gursartaj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 14:51   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pramodbhaskar View Post
Sharing few pics of the beauty we brought home this Diwali. Decided to treat myself after 9 effortless years with Honda city. I was on the fence for 2 years before taking the plunge.
between the two and I decided the stretch was not worth it, considering I am not a true blue enthusiast.

So the situation now is that every time I drive it, I fall in love a bit more; thanks to it's refinement, gorgeous interiors and cushiony ride quality + It has enough power for my taste and requirement.
Congrats on getting the beauty
The top-of-the-line Technology variant is the go-to car. Some of your requirements like overall refinement, interiors etc are what makes the A4 a perfect all-rounder, appealing to a wide variety of customers who want to step into the world of luxury!

Your choice of color, btw, is unique and quite special. Haven't seen the Terra Gray Metallic A4 on roads yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
The Audi A4 Premium variant will now be available alongwith the Premium Plus and Technology variants.
A very suave move by Audi India, IMO! With the recent success of Premium Plus getting sold out in most markets across India, Audi may have realised that there is definitely a strong pull for another entry-level proposition.

So, what they seemed to have done is pull out some features and introduce a new variant "Premium", which costs approx few lakhs less than the current hot-selling Premium Plus variant.

And in the process, have jacked up the existing prices of Premium Plus and the Technology variant now!

The new price list: Premium at 39.99 lakhs, Premium Plus at 43.69 lakhs and Technology at 47.61 lakhs. Source:Audi India

This is both good and not-so-good for customers, depending on which range of the budget that they walk into the showroom with.
* Good = at a reduced price, you still get the Audi badge + smashing interiors (with reduced creature comfort features) + overall refinement + great ride, courtesy the ultra-smooth 5-link suspension at both front and rear.

* Not-so-good = difficult to get the same level of discounts (seen in last few months) on the Technology and the Premium Plus going forward.
JoshMachine is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 15:56   #324
BHPian

Great to see the Premium Variant in A4. Ticks most boxes for me. Can we expect any year end discounts on this variant right from the start? And if anyone has enquired about it in Mumbai, what’s the best quote you have got?
Old 7th December 2021, 17:26   #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post

True. When I enquired for 330i, I was told that only MSport variation is available which was 13 Lakhs more than A4 Tech.

C Class was quoted at 4L more than A4 Tech.
Old 7th December 2021, 19:25   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I think the Camry is an A6 equivalent, not A4.
Old 7th December 2021, 20:38   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

To think that only a few months ago, many forum members here got the Technology variant for roughly the same OTR price as the ex-showroom price of this premium variant! My bet is that in a few months, one can probably get this variant at 6-7 lakhs discount at the minimum.
Old 7th December 2021, 20:59   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
To think that only a few months ago, many forum members here got the Technology variant for roughly the same OTR price as the ex-showroom price of this premium variant!
IIRC, that was the Premium Plus variant, Technology was a few lakhs more than the Premium Plus.
Old 7th December 2021, 21:18   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsukh View Post
Dear A4 owners. Would request if you could share your thoughts on the long term ownership of your beauties. How do you see them over the months of use done?

Am contemplating between picking up an A4 or wait for the new C class to launch or consider the Superb or VW Tiguan getting launched. Thanks.
Well, mine is a 2016 A4 Premium Plus with that gem of a diesel engine. The 35TDI. Its really sad that VW Audi did away with diesels. Anyway, the car has aged really well and I still love her. It has only had its regular services and no problems yet to date. I think they are pretty reliable. If you are looking for a no nonsense car, its a good pick. Sharing a recent photo.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-rain.jpg  

dinu2506 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 10:09   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinoov View Post
Since A4 has a tyre pressure warning system, is it still required to check tyre pressure every month? Or does it suffice to check only when the warning light lits up?
Checked with the dealership. I was told only to check when the indicator lights up. Also was suggested 33 PSI for all tyres, even though the sticker in the front door mentioned different PSI numbers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks