Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2021, 23:56   #256
BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinedoc View Post
The White with brown interiors looks fabulous. I just swapped my 10 year old A4 2 TFSI for the 330Li M Sport First Edition with the same combination. Much easier to maintain IMHO. Even after 10 years she looked as gorgeous as when I got her home in 2011. This deal you're getting is superb. Don't miss out on this.
I would surely beg to differ. 10 yrs ago the A4 design was rather good combination with White colour .
However, the current gen A4 has undergone substantial changes in its design and it does not look as great to me in White as it would in Grey/Blue /Black .

If you get a good deal you can compromise on colour and later spend that money for wrapping
Old 27th October 2021, 23:56   #257
BHPian

When I did pick up the A4 in 2011 there were 5 variants to choose from
2.0 & 3.0 TDI
1.8 & 2.0 TFSI
3.2 FSI
One was spoilt for choice. That said most folks on this forum would regularly trash the non quattro variants. FWD was a big no. Had to take multiple test drives to convince myself otherwise. The 2.0 TFSI was a gem of an engine! The fit and finish was topnotch. The "string of pearls" DRL's were beyond gorgeous!
Audi India was on top of their game then. Had moved to the top of the leader board. Somehow lost their way. Glad to see them making a comeback.
Had a brilliant 10 year trouble free ownership experience. Eventually had to let go of "Old Faithful"..........
divinedoc is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 00:17   #258
BHPian

Was finally able to locate a Blue A4. Looked gorgeous. But unfortunately not at the price I was hoping for :(
Old 28th October 2021, 00:42   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskiratarora15 View Post
Was finally able to locate a Blue A4. Looked gorgeous. But unfortunately not at the price I was hoping for :(
What's the best offer you have received so far(any colour) for the Premium Plus?
A friend is on the lookout for an A4 in NCR.
Old 28th October 2021, 12:46   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
The A4 doesn't really have the driver's car focus like the 330i MSport (although the rear passengers in the BMW are at the mercy of the driver) and some would argue that Audi is the least prestigious (from a status perspective) compared to the other 2 german brands and Jaguar.

Personally If I was in the market for a chauffeur driven car I'd save myself a ton of money and get an Octavia or Superb L&K.
While I didn't optimize for Prestige, I did think about it. I do get a different experience when I drive a badge. When I drive Audi, I do get a better treatment from security guards to traffic police to fellow drivers compared to my Honda City. We have a number of Mercedes and BMWs in my apartment complex. I notice that BMW badge is not as recognised by them as much as Mercedes / Audi as the badge is not that visible. From distance, It looks like a Skoda badge while the Mercedes / Audi logos are very much visible.

In Tamilnadu, Audi is more recognised for some reason than even the other two badges - I don't know why.

I checked in US websites for reviews before buying. This is what Edmunds says verbatim - "In the small luxury sedan world, you have the Big Three — the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, BMW 3 Series and Audi A4 — and everyone else. Of the vaunted trio, the 2021 Audi A4 is our favorite. It offers an opulent interior just like the C-Class and the driving dynamics promised — but not quite fulfilled — by the latest 3 Series."

But yes, my north-Indian friends who own a Mercedes / BMW, do claim that they consider Audi as a notch below and were pushing me to go for one of those. So that's there.
Kinoov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 22:12   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinoov View Post
When I drive Audi, I do get a better treatment from security guards to traffic police to fellow drivers compared to my Honda City
I also happen to upgrade from Honda City to Audi A4 and definitely there's a better treatment from all the people around. It does show the badge value.

Quote:
But yes, my north-Indian friends who own a Mercedes / BMW, do claim that they consider Audi as a notch below and were pushing me to go for one of those. So that's there.
Even my friends in Bombay think the same. Audi is one notch below BMW & Mercedes but that's not entirely true. Audi went really off the market for a while in India. They had a huge success at the start. During that time, nobody said Audi was one notch below. Also, everyone thought Audi gave huge discounts but so BMW did and still do. I know all my friends who bought BMW at a heavy discount.

It's always been Mercedes who give less discounts but then Mercedes fan club is huge in India. It's a different prestige compared to all luxury car brands in India.
Bruichladdich is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 13:56   #262
BHPian

Have learnt it from the reliable source.

Mid life update for A4 is ready and to be announced soon, as per the Sales manager of a large Audi dealership. Stocks should be available mid-nov, early-dec timeframe.

Premium Plus will now have Virtual Cockpit, Wireless charger and couple more additional features which are available in current Technology variant. Ex-showroom prices will be increased by 3 lacs or so.

Technology variant will see only minor tweaks and updates and the new price gap between those variants will be 3 lacs (currently it is 5 lacs).

After Premium Plus stocks have depleted, it seems Audi India is raising its stake on this variant with added features and justifiable increase in prices to get some numbers with fresh stocks.
Gsynch is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 18:44   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
Have learnt it from the reliable source.

Mid life update for A4 is ready and to be announced soon, as per the Sales manager of a large Audi dealership. Stocks should be available mid-nov, early-dec timeframe.

Premium Plus will now have Virtual Cockpit, Wireless charger and couple more additional features which are available in current Technology variant. Ex-showroom prices will be increased by 3 lacs or so.

Technology variant will see only minor tweaks and updates and the new price gap between those variants will be 3 lacs (currently it is 5 lacs).

After Premium Plus stocks have depleted, it seems Audi India is raising its stake on this variant with added features and justifiable increase in prices to get some numbers with fresh stocks.
And with it the entry point to luxury brands keeps getting higher and higher!

Many feel that A class sedan, X1, 2 GC don’t provide that true blue luxury experience that we all crave for. The A4 does - but with depleted stocks, and updated feature list, expect to cough up a lot more for the A4 very soon. My only advise to any prospect buyer is to grab one from current stock at awesome price while (and if) you still can..
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 21:44   #264
BHPian

Another Navara blue A4 booked by a friend in Kolkata.
Its raining Blue A4's.
I am sure Audi is going to reduce the discounts soon.
Old 30th October 2021, 22:01   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
Its raining Blue A4's.
Congratulation to your friend. Audi seems to have got the traction and mileage they were looking for. Sales calls have increased and the conversion of these leads to actual sales numbers. With the midlife upgrade surely discount are bound to decrease. It's April when these deep discounts could be back on table. Right now there is chip shortage and suddenly year down the the lane there will be abundance of chips and price corrections are bound to happen. It's a vicious cycle. If you are in a market right now, bargain hard else hold on to your horses for another year.
Old 31st October 2021, 01:53   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
Its raining Blue A4's.
Can you share the price, for some reference?
Old 31st October 2021, 20:06   #267

Did anyone who bought A4 use NCB of their previous car policy and get a reduction in Insurance? A 50% discount on the Rs. 2.6L Insurance would be a good amount.
Old 1st November 2021, 09:26   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Did anyone who bought A4 use NCB of their previous car policy and get a reduction in Insurance? A 50% discount on the Rs. 2.6L Insurance would be a good amount.
NCB is very straight forward. With any insurance provider you should be able to transfer NCB. If during purchase of insurance you are not allowed to claim NCB discount then later you can send the NCB letter to the insurance company and the NCB amount is reverted back to your account. Pit fall is offline process takes time and effort.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 15:23   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskiratarora15 View Post
Can you share the price, for some reference?
Almost Rs 8 Lacs off on OTR for Technology and around Rs 1.3 lac on the Maintenance package.

Quote:
Yes, I have got NCB transferred. However, it is not literally 50% on entire amount. Its only applicable to OD premium.
Rs 2.6 Lacs is inflated insurance quote, realistic price would be Rs 1.5L aprx.
goenkakushal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 18:55   #270
BHPian

Just wanted to check if anyone is aware when will Audi launch A3 and Q3. I was under the impression that these both will be launched before Q5, but clearly Audi is going with top down approach.

MODs: Please feel free to move this post to the most appropriate thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks