Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2021, 14:12   #211

Re: 2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

Went to Audi Mumbai West on Saturday for a TD. Have been considering an upgrade for a while, with 3GL and Superb being others in contention. I am primarily chauffeured around and half my TD involved me in the rear seat and my friend driving the car.

Some observations:
+ Quality of sound proofing, overall engine refinement, plush feel on the uneven Mumbai roads
+ Start/stop and mild hybrid, decent fuel efficiency (10 on MID vs. 9 in a Vento, 6 in Hector)
+ Engine felt reasonably quick, standing acceleration for in dynamic mode with paddle shifters did bring a smile to my face
+ Super light steering in Eco setting, gear changes were seamless, never felt a lag
+ Dynamic settings were confidence inspiring in 0-50kmph speeds (sadly couldn't find an open spot where we could get the highway driving feeling)
+ Clean and simple design language
+ Rear seat was nice and comfortable, the arm rest was quite nice as well

- The electronics / interface felt dated
- Sunroof was small
- The auto park feature was a gimmick
- Music system as several people pointed out was average
- Legroom was limited compared to other two options
- Both alloy options look very boring

Torn between my philosophy of always buying top end cars vs. paying 4L extra for a virtual cockpit and better looking dashboard (silver is too jarring).

In case anyone else wants to join and negotiate together, please DM me.
CrimsonKnight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 13:31   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
I tried this, but my A4 did not shift to P. Instead the parking brake got activated automatically.
Correction, I checked this again.

If your vehicle is in D and you open the driver side door, it will shift to P and engage the Parking brake as well.

If your vehicle is in R it will only engage the Parking brake.

I wonder why this distinction.
goenkakushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 07:52   #213
BHPian

Seems like Audi Kochi does not know anything about these offers. They never had any discounts. They were ready to sell their 10k run MY 2020 A4 technology demo car to me for 53L OTR.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 16:50   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruichladdich View Post
Anybody knows from where I can find USB C to lightning cable for iPhone 12 Pro Max. The image has been taken from Official Audi A4 Video. The Audi guys have no idea about this cable.
I did find one in Amazon, a 0.2 mtr cable. Does the job well. I tried to copy the Amazon link here, but for some reason, I’m not able to. If you’re still searching, I can PM the details to you.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 17:31   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Seems like Audi Kochi does not know anything about these offers. They never had any discounts. They were ready to sell their 10k run MY 2020 A4 technology demo car to me for 53L OTR.
They probably don't have a lot of stock left. Audi Mumbai offered me an A6 for 65 lakhs OTR and I haven't even sat to negotiate yet. And I was told there were "similar" discounts on an A4 as I assume they have a lot of inventory.
Porcupine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 02:50   #216

Hi guys. After going through this thread, i tried reaching out Audi Mumbai west and south dealerships. I showed interest for the Audi A4 premium plus variant. The lowest price i got was 42 Lakhs plus tcs. They won’t give it below that. I had made up my mind of buying it at 39 lakhs but they weren’t convinced. If anyone has recently closed the deal around 39 for the premium plus, kindly share leads via dm. Thank you.
mukeshkalani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 10:09   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshkalani View Post
Audi A4 premium plus variant. The lowest price i got was 42 Lakhs plus tcs. They won’t give it below that. I had made up my mind of buying it at 39 lakhs but they weren’t convinced. If anyone has recently closed the deal around 39 for the premium plus, kindly share leads via dm. Thank you.
This is standard quote you will get from Mumbai dealership. Over that you can save 50k via SBI. If you are from corporate then you can avail that discount too. Try negotiating some more freebies or on insurance.

Don’t think anyone has got at 39 lakhs recently. All of them have purchased north of 40 lakhs.

This is not month end either. A4 inventory availability is less and demand is good at current level of discounts, sales will be able to meet targets.

Expectations is to have some flexibility in budget.

Looming power crisis, chip shortage, supply chain constraints all of these play it’s part here. Situation is dynamic and fluid. Expect the discount vary in similar trajectory.
CircleOfLife is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 13:09   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I did find one in Amazon, a 0.2 mtr cable. Does the job well. I tried to copy the Amazon link here, but for some reason, I’m not able to. If you’re still searching, I can PM the details to you.
Hi, I tried to see how to send private message but could not learn. Can you send me the link over private message. Thanks.
Bruichladdich is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 13:53   #219
Senior - BHPian

I think I’ve to learn how to copy an Amazon link here.

I’ve attached the picture here. Hope this helps.

You’ll have access to PM’s after you hit 25 posts.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-50dff56157e84d919cd4f8216d6fd7a7.png  

jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 15:25   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
This is standard quote you will get from Mumbai dealership. Over that you can save 50k via SBI. If you are from corporate then you can avail that discount too. Try negotiating some more freebies or on insurance.

Don’t think anyone has got at 39 lakhs recently. All of them have purchased north of 40 lakhs.

This is not month end either. A4 inventory availability is less and demand is good at current level of discounts, sales will be able to meet targets.

Expectations is to have some flexibility in budget.

Looming power crisis, chip shortage, supply chain constraints all of these play it’s part here. Situation is dynamic and fluid. Expect the discount vary in similar trajectory.
Thanks for your revert. The price i got includes corporate discount as I’ll be buying it on my dad’s name and he’s a doctor. I also enquired about the Mercedes A 200 and the dealer has offered me at 45.38 lakhs including corporate discount. Which is a better purchase if I can stretch my budget around 43-44 ?
mukeshkalani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 15:35   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I also enquired about the Mercedes A 200 and the dealer has offered me at 45.38 lakhs including corporate discount. Which is a better purchase if I can stretch my budget around 43-44 ?
The A4 is a segment higher than the A Class.
It is a proper C / 3 / XE competitor globally, and matches or beats them in many areas.
lamborghini is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 17:08   #222
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine got the A4 Technology in Blue in Pune last week.

OTR was 49 including 5 year full maintenance.. 5 year warranty.. return to invoice insurance and 5 year roadside assistance. Q2 was offered for 45.5 but he wasn't considering it so probably didn't negotiate.
Nilesh5417 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 17:20   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your revert. The price i got includes corporate discount as I’ll be buying it on my dad’s name and he’s a doctor. I also enquired about the Mercedes A 200 and the dealer has offered me at 45.38 lakhs including corporate discount. Which is a better purchase if I can stretch my budget around 43-44 ?

A4 is a much bigger and better Vehicle. I personally got this verdict from veteran Mr. Hormazd Sorabjee (Editor - Autocar India)
A4 is much more practical and spacious than cars of its own class, which definitely makes it a better choice over the A- class.
goenkakushal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 18:18   #224
BHPian

Quote:
I also enquired about the Mercedes A 200 and the dealer has offered me at 45.38 lakhs including corporate discount. Which is a better purchase if I can stretch my budget around 43-44 ?
Definitely the A4. It's a segment higher, bigger and an overall better product. If you have any doubts, try arranging to test drive both vehicles back to back and it should make your choice clear!
Porcupine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 15:59   #225
BHPian

Hi,

I have been reading this thread and have seen many of you have bought the A4. I am sure all of you must have considered the Skoda superb as well.
Can you guys please let me know what swayed your decision in favour of the A4?

The Superb L&K has following advantages over the A4:

1. Better music system.
2. Bigger boot.
3. Powered tail-gate (opening and closing both functions are powered)
4. Virtual cockpit
5. ventilated front seats (MY'22 now comes with massager function).
6. Acres of space at the rear.
7. I found more soft touch plastics in superb compared to A4, may be I need to check again.
8. 360 degree camera.
9. Maintenance package for Rs.50000/- for 5 years.

Now, points in favour of Audi A4:

1. Better looking, way more stylish compared to superb.
2. Badge Value.
3. Better looking cabin.
4. Slightly better quality and fit-finish.
5. Compact in size compared to superb.
6. Better handling because of its dimensions compared to superb. Superb is not bad though considering its size.
7. Marginally better fuel efficiency due to mild hybrid.

Superb has many useful features compared to the A4.

From above it may seem that I am trying to justify my decision to got for the superb but its not the case.
Superb may be slightly long for me at 4.9M length. I have two closed parking/garage in my building on either side but my society lane is slightly narrow and sometimes there are cars parked opposite to my gate. The only issue with superb may be parking and taking out of my house's gate.
Initially we were interested in Q2 but rear seat space and upright backrest angle ruled it out.
Any addition/deletion to above points are welcome, it will really help me finalise the decision.

Thanks,
Sagar

Last edited by sagpatel : 12th October 2021 at 16:26. Reason: added
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks