Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2021, 23:22   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Just wanted to check if anyone has visited anyone of Audi Mumbai's showrooms recently and/or has knows if they have any A4s left.
Audi Mumbai South may have stock. They keep sending me messages : Rs. 39,999 EMI (don't know duration / bullet plan), 5 year warranty, 5 year RSA, and additional benefits for Dr., C.A., Corporates. Received this today morning, so could be worth speaking to them.

However don't expect the same level of discounting as some members got here (which I believe was through Audi Mumbai West).
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 05:27   #287
rsk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Navigation can't be displayed on the ODO meter in Octavia (Any variants), where as in A4 technology variant this is possible. Ride in A4 back seat is more plush compared to Octavia.
This was one thing I tried to check in the Octavia in the last couple of days. The default navigation itself was not working, let alone in the cockpit. When I enquired with the SA, he said your options are only through phone, and from what I have read, the carplay/android auto maps, will not be displayed in the virtual cockpit. Resorting to Google, found an update site for Skoda and upon searching by my vehicle's VIN, it shows me a complete list of maps (incl. India). The size of India maps was 7GB and have downloaded that to my computer, looks like you can copy it over to USB and have it updated. Experts - any adivse on this, please. Is there any downside at all in doing this?
Old 21st November 2021, 09:08   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk View Post
The size of India maps was 7GB and have downloaded that to my computer, looks like you can copy it over to USB and have it updated. Experts - any adivse on this, please. Is there any downside at all in doing this?
This won’t work as well for Octavia. Tried this update via a USB stick without any luck. I think the module is locked and unlocking would require a code from skoda. To answer if there is any downside? No, many folks have updated maps for superb. Please do give a try once from your end too.
Old 21st November 2021, 12:34   #289
BHPian

Spoke with Audi Mumbai guys. According to them Audi had extended a limited offer to dealers in September and October which made it possible for dealers to sell the cars at an astonishing price of just below 40.

They do have some 2021 stock with them but don't have Audi's support to sell the cars at the Sept/Oct rates. The price difference is about 20%. I am meeting them soon and will try and see if something can happen as they would want to clear their 2021 stock by December.

Will update this group as well. If anyone has any credible lead/update for Mumbai, please do share.
youknowitbetter is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 20:36   #290
Senior - BHPian

Hot off the press from Audi Pune:- there seems to be some Q3’FY21 stock available: Technology variant > Navarra Blue + Okapi Brown interiors combo only.

Not sure on the numbers but going by recent developments, must be very limited inventory.

Audi India is supposedly providing discounts to clear off these last few copies before the updated & higher priced Premium Plus variant (with some features acquired from the Technology variant) rolls out in Jan/Feb’22.
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 22:24   #291
BHPian

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
Skoda Superb and A4 have the exact same engine specs. However, A4 felt much more peppy and fun to drive. The kerb weight is same (as per carwale Superb is just 12 kg more). What are the main factors for this? Or am I mistaken or do they feel same to drive? If it is just size, then does Octavia and A4 feel the same? I have not driven an Octavia but TD both A4 & Superb and liked A4 way more than Superb.
When I was getting PPF done on my new A4, I had the opportunity to have the A4 and a new Superb L&K parked side-by-side with the hood open.

The engine bay of both the cars look completely different. Most importantly, the engine of the A4 is Longitudinally mounted complete with the casing for the missing quarto coupling but the Superb's engine is Transversely mounted. This also means that the A4 has the DL382 gearbox not the DQ series shifter.

The A4 has a lower ground clearance and also has a different suspension.

These are only few of the things I noticed in the short time both cars were together.

These cars are different mechanically even though a lot of the figures are same on the spec sheet.
gungax is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 08:58   #292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Hot off the press from Audi Pune:- there seems to be some Q3’FY21 stock available: Technology variant > Navarra Blue + Okapi Brown interiors combo only.
Apart from a couple of Technology trim A4s Audi Mumbai South had 3 cars available in Premium Plus trim as well when I spoke to them last week for a friend. Two of these cars were enabled with wireless charging which is new for MY22. Discounts on OTR prices were in the range of 4 and 5 lacs for MY22 and MY21 cars respectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Spoke with Audi Mumbai guys. According to them Audi had extended a limited offer to dealers in September and October which made it possible for dealers to sell the cars at an astonishing price of just below 40.
True that, I was told (by both dealers) they had some sales targets to meet back in August due to which they were able to pass on the discounted prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
However don't expect the same level of discounting as some members got here (which I believe was through Audi Mumbai West).
The discounts were almost identical between Audi Mumbai West and Audi Mumbai South back in August.

Last edited by manson : 22nd November 2021 at 09:03.
manson is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 10:47   #293
BHPian

Well I received a call from the SA in Audi Gurugram, he informed me that they have the technology variant in stock in the white colour and quoted an OTR of 49l for it.

He was also offering the Q2 at some attractive discounts.

Last edited by Luke1972 : 22nd November 2021 at 10:50. Reason: Grammar
Old 27th November 2021, 13:42   #294
BHPian

Looking for an audio upgrade for my car.

After searching for the battery under the hood, found it along with the Lithium battery below the spare tyre!

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-a4-battery-boot.jpg

The batteries along with the spare tyre should give the A4 a 50-50 weight distribution . So if other cars have it, why does only BMW show it as a USP! Merc and Beemers also have an unusable boot with the spare tyre.

The audio install quoted is 10% of the on-road value of the car!
If any one has upgraded their A4 audio, kindly share/ PM me.
gungax is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 14:34   #295
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungax View Post

After searching for the battery under the hood, found it along with the Lithium battery below the spare tyre!

The batteries along with the spare tyre should give the A4 a 50-50 weight distribution . So if other cars have it, why does only BMW show it as a USP! Merc and Beemers also have an unusable boot with the spare tyre.
It's not just about the battery location but the whole packaging. The front wheel drive A4 has no rear dfferential which balances the weight with the front even better.

Then there is a the fundamental layout of the A4 that makes it front heavy. The A4 engine is mounted longitudinal but front wheel drive. This means there needs to be a gearbox between the front wheels. Usually in front wheel drive cars the engine is transverse and the gearbox is on one side of the engine with 2 shafts, one on either side to the wheels. The engine sits in between the wheels.

If you have longitudinal engine the gearbox will be behind the front wheels but how do you get a drive shaft to the wheels from behind the front axle.

What Audi have done is pushed the engine as far forward as possible i.e. just ahead of the front axle. The gearbox sits in between the front wheels with drive shaft on either side.

In BMW's it is reverse. The engine is pushed as far backward as possible behind the front axles, The only thing in between and front of the wheels is radiator and steering rack aka no engine. The engine is longitudinal and then followed by the gearbox literally below the dashboard.

This is what gives BMW the 50:50 weight distribution and also what gives the A4 a relatively nose heavy feel vs the Octavia and Superb since the weight is ahead of the front axle.

Also why BMW and Audi have a super long bonnet since both are very different configs.
Vid6639 is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 15:33   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It's not just about the battery location but the whole packaging. The front wheel drive A4 has no rear dfferential which balances the weight with the front even better.

Then there is a the fundamental layout of the A4 that makes it front heavy. The A4 engine is mounted longitudinal but front wheel drive. This means there needs to be a gearbox between the front wheels. Usually in front wheel drive cars the engine is transverse and the gearbox is on one side of the engine with 2 shafts, one on either side to the wheels. The engine sits in between the wheels.

If you have longitudinal engine the gearbox will be behind the front wheels but how do you get a drive shaft to the wheels from behind the front axle.

What Audi have done is pushed the engine as far forward as possible i.e. just ahead of the front axle. The gearbox sits in between the front wheels with drive shaft on either side.

In BMW's it is reverse. The engine is pushed as far backward as possible behind the front axles, The only thing in between and front of the wheels is radiator and steering rack aka no engine. The engine is longitudinal and then followed by the gearbox literally below the dashboard.
The A4 engine bay is really long and looks empty compared to the Superb. The cars with Quattro in any case have a rear-wheel bias so I guess this one will be front heavy.

Quote:
This is what gives BMW the 50:50 weight distribution and also what gives the A4 a relatively nose heavy feel vs the Octavia and Superb since the weight is ahead of the front axle.

Also why BMW and Audi have a super long bonnet since both are very different configs.
My real world experience with BMW and Mercedes is almost Zero, I have mostly driven Volvos and Audi abroad including my brother's TT.

When I started looking for a car in the luxury segment, a BMW was the obvious choice. However my test-drive of the 330Li at Navnit Motors left me very disappointed. I guess due to the accolades Beemers get online, my expectation of the 3 series was too high. The 5 series is a different story altogether.

The A4 is the opposite. It gets negative or at best mildly positive reviews online. So expectations are low, but the 2021 model delivers an engaging drive without the hard suspension of the other Germans.

Will try to give my impression of all the cars tested in my ownership review of the A4.
gungax is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 15:44   #297
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The A4 engine bay is really long and looks empty compared to the Superb. The cars with Quattro in any case have a rear-wheel bias so I guess this one will be front heavy.
Yes it looks empty cause the A4 has to accommodate a V6 engine as well. So with the 2L 4 pot there will be more space. The Superb on other hand maxes out at 2L 4 cylinder engine.

Yes Quattro balances the car out and would have been a USP along with the 45 TFSI engine tune at the price point.

The reason the A4 is selling now with the hefty discounts is because the price should have been 40-45L not 50+ for a front wheel drive 40 TFSI 190PS A4.

Brilliant package at the discounted price but priced on par with the 330i is a very tough sell even with the A4's better appointed interiors.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 16:07   #298
BHPian

Quote:

The audio install quoted is 10% of the on-road value of the car!
If any one has upgraded their A4 audio, kindly share/ PM me.
I'm also interested in knowing more about this (see my post below). Request responses here instead of PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojas View Post
A4 is still on my radar, subject to discounts, and possibility of an after market solution to improving the audio system.

Could any of you shed light on what are the weak links in the stock audio system, and how easy or hard it is to get it to take it from average to excellent? I have a strong preference to avoid any modifications in a car, but OK with them if they are minimal.
Old 27th November 2021, 17:02   #299
BHPian

Quote:
The reason the A4 is selling now with the hefty discounts is because the price should have been 40-45L not 50+ for a front wheel drive 40 TFSI 190PS A4.
Completely agree. 45 TFSI + Quattro or 40 TFSI FWD + complete Audi pre-sense will bring it at par with 3/ C class/ S 60. However due to simpler mechanics and electronics, hopefully cost of ownership will be less for this model.

In its current configuration, I believed I payed its correct value not the discounted value. I have passed on this sentiment up the chain, hope it reaches the management at Audi.
They are making the same mistake with the Q5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojas View Post
I'm also interested in knowing more about this (see my post below). Request responses here instead of PM.
Technology Edition-> In the boot, the left side recess with elastic mesh can be opened. Here you will find the amplifier for the 10 speaker system. The complete system is supposed to be by Harman Kardon and the amp is the only place I found the Harman badging. Here you will also find a bunch of fuses with many empty bays. (Because we get very less tech compared to the international variants)

The main Lead-Acid battery as stated in my previous post also sits in the boot. So it's easy to add an Amp without running a wire from the engine bay to the boot.

Due to this configuration, it is very easy to add/ change the A4 system.
There are adapters available in the market to take the output from the existing amplifier and then input this into an after-market amplifier.

You could just add a mono-block amplifier and add a sub for better bass. Alternatively you could feed the input into an 8 channel amp and change all the speakers in the doors (use existing wiring) and add a sub. It is this complete system that is costing an arm and a leg. The reason given to me is that the speakers to change on the doors are custom size for the A4 and are not easily available.

I connected my phone by Bluetooth. Then increased the treble and bass (the only two controls available) till the system sounded better as per my music. Then I disconnected the Bluetooth and connected Carplay. The settings via bluetooth also remained for Carplay. This can help improve audio quality. I suggest to try this first.

Please do let me know your thoughts/ final decision.
gungax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 17:48   #300
BHPian

I tested with Bluetooth and also adjusted bass/treble, but the bass was not deep or tight. (My references for a solid bass: 520d, MG Hector)

Few specific questions:
  1. There isn't a subwoofer in the first place, right? The sales guy said there was one, but I didn't think so. I also couldn't find the specs anywhere.
  2. Does the stock amp not have a subwoofer output?
  3. Is there space for adding a concealed subwoofer? Or would it have to be in the boot?
  4. In your opinion, how good would be the system be with just a new amp + sub, without changing the speakers? Do you also have an indicative cost for this? And how much difference do you think changing the speakers also would make?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks