Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2021, 23:58   #226
BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I have been reading this thread and have seen many of you have bought the A4. I am sure all of you must have considered the Skoda superb as well.
Can you guys please let me know what swayed your decision in favour of the A4?
You're comparing Premium Plus with Superb top end variant L&K.

Audi A4 Technology Variant (top end variant) has far more better...

1) Virtual Cockpit. There's no comparison in this.

2) Gesture Bootlid is there to open the boot but no power function to close the boot.

3) I know this can be a subjective matter but I find Audi A4 cabin far more premium. Skoda Superb cabin looks more like previous generation cabin of Skoda Octavia. There's no wow factor in it.

7) I again refuse to agree on soft touch plastic materials. It's almost all over there in Audi A4 compared to Skoda Superb.

The quality of fit & finish is not just a notch above but far more better than Superb. I genuinely feel, it has better quality of fit and finish compared to BMWs too not just Superb.

Besides that, your points are very much valid. Superb has better space, more features like ventilated seats and 360 degree camera. Still the technology variant has many features. It would be wise to compare both the car's top end variant. The price and maintenance comes with the badge.

Also, Audi A4 looks stunning inside out compared to Skoda Superb.

This is my honest opinion because I was going to buy Skoda Superb but I'm very glad I didn't and ended up with Audi A4.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th October 2021 at 00:12. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please quote relevant sections of posts only. Thanks!
Bruichladdich is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 00:14   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

In addition to the points raised by Bruichladdich, I'd like to add that the A4 also has better NVH.
For a self driven vehicle, the A4 makes a strong case for itself with it's compact dimensions, nicer interiors, and more fun to drive nature.
lamborghini is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 12:07   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
A friend of mine got the A4 Technology in Blue in Pune last week.

OTR was 49 including 5 year full maintenance.. 5 year warranty.. return to invoice insurance and 5 year roadside assistance. Q2 was offered for 45.5 but he wasn't considering it so probably didn't negotiate.
I already made a detailed post about this when we got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakajale View Post
I recently booked an Audi A4, and I would like to share my experience on this forum. This is my first post here!
oakajale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 16:48   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Any addition/deletion to above points are welcome, it will really help me finalise the decision.
IMO, A4 trumps the Superb in every aspect other than space, and a few features (missing in the PP variant of A4). Driving dynamics are way superior in the A4 - you feel so much more confident to drive it on fast, curvy mountain roads.

Superb isn't bad by any stretch of imagination, but if you do back to back TDs of Superb and A4, you'll realise how potent the Audi is.
ostreichwein is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 18:22   #230
BHPian

SA from Audi Gurgaon and Audi Karnal are reporting severely depleted stocks of A4. This has reduced the discounts and made the interior/exterior color selection a problem too.

Is the stock expected to go up only next year? Or can one expect something more significant in terms of discount and choice in November/December?
jaskiratarora15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 20:42   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskiratarora15 View Post
SA from Audi Gurgaon and Audi Karnal are reporting severely depleted stocks of A4. This has reduced the discounts and made the interior/exterior color selection a problem too.

Is the stock expected to go up only next year? Or can one expect something more significant in terms of discount and choice in November/December?
It is a general practice by all manufacturers to reduce production during November/December.

Once the vehicle is manufactured and is ready for dispatch, it easily take 15-20 days to reach the showrooms.
Once it has reached the showroom you can consider another 15-60 days (Depending on demand of the particular model- Hot cakes like Seltos and Creta wouldn't need to wait even for a week before delivery) before the vehicle is actually delivered to the customer .

By the time vehicle is ready for delivery it would have already been a month since it rolled out of the factory.
Who would want to buy a new car without a special discount in month of December 2021. Knowing very well that if he waits for a few days he can get a 2022 manufactured vehicle and save unnecessary depreciation during resale.
At the same time dealers would not like to get stuck with old inventory which will definitely depreciate in a few days, with starting of new calendar year.

From my belief mentioned above, I humbly conclude that there would not be much stock coming to the dealers anytime soon
goenkakushal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 16:36   #232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have been reading this thread and have seen many of you have bought the A4. I am sure all of you must have considered the Skoda superb as well.
Can you guys please let me know what swayed your decision in favour of the A4?
Both the cars have their respective advantages over the other but considering I would be driving alone most of the time the larger back seat and the boot of the Superb seemed a bit futile compared to the quieter and tastefully setup cabin with the classic Audi design of the A4! Then again we have already had (and continue to do so) a Skoda Laura with a massive boot for over a decade, and the Superb though different and more luxurious felt more of the same flavor. To add to your VAG jimjam, a magic black Octavia Style at sub 30 on road feels more VFM than both above options, compact dimensions, TFSI x DSG, massive boot but seemed to miss out on the semblance of the euro steering feel altogether!

At 5 lacs delta or maybe even 4, I would have gone ahead with a Superb L&K, but the difference being barely 1 lac (and another 2-4 in ownership costs) I'd rather tick off something on the sub conscious bucket list than enjoy a bum cooler with big boot. I'm not a fan of badge value but there definitely is an unmissable occasion I experience when around the A4, inside or outside

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img20211012wa0049.jpg

Last edited by manson : 16th October 2021 at 17:50.
manson is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 18:00   #233
BHPian

Did a test drive of the Technology variant and came back quite impressed.

Liked the tastefully done cabin, refinement levels, and the suspension tune.

My only dislike is the music system. It was pretty average. Audi's website shows 14 speakers and on paper it's supposed to be pretty good. I'm not sure if it has a subwoofer though.

Salesperson said the Premium Plus variant is sold out throughout India. He also denied the crazy discounts and said 39 OTR must have been for demo or courtesy cars. Anything I could tell/show him to prove? If any of you who availed the discount recently could share the VIN and invoice details, that would be useful, so please let me know if you could, thanks.
Ojas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 20:55   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojas View Post
Did a test drive of the Technology variant and came back quite impressed.

Liked the tastefully done cabin, refinement levels, and the suspension tune.

My only dislike is the music system. It was pretty average. Audi's website shows 14 speakers and on paper it's supposed to be pretty good. I'm not sure if it has a subwoofer though.

Salesperson said the Premium Plus variant is sold out throughout India. He also denied the crazy discounts and said 39 OTR must have been for demo or courtesy cars. Anything I could tell/show him to prove? If any of you who availed the discount recently could share the VIN and invoice details, that would be useful, so please let me know if you could, thanks.
Could you PM me your #/email? I've talked to HYD showroom a couple of times as well, but no luck in terms of discounts/deals.
Old 16th October 2021, 22:37   #235
BHPian

No point of talking about discounts at Audi Hyderabad. I have mentioned this before in the thread that the sales advisor even challenge to prove that the A4 are being sold at even 40 OTR Mumbai and asked to present a proof. When presented with one he just said it’s not my price. Why does he need to ask a proof and then just wash his hands off? Such cheap tactics are very much prevalent at Audi Hyderabad showroom.

Though one could say to overlook such shabby pre sales experience but what the guarantee that post sales experience will be any different. Not saying everyone will have same experience, but at the premium I am paying I deserve equal level of service.

I happy to take my business to other place.

Secondly it seems a crime to be native in some states in this nation. Brands just don’t provide discounts, forget equal but not even close to fair. As a customer one doesn’t get a fair chance to get offers that other regions get.

Unless some lawyer drags these brands to court such unfair practices will prevail.
CircleOfLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 22:44   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Unless some lawyer drags these brands to court such unfair practices will prevail.
I agreed with everything you wrote until I read this. How is ‘not’ offering discounts an u fair practice. Audi dealers are not compelled to give you discounts. Surplus stock leads to discounts and this has been discussed many times in this thread. The Hyderabad dealer, in all probability is a Class B dealer and hence may not have the margin to provide you such deals. Simple. Don’t think there is anything illegal there.

Last edited by Pancham : 16th October 2021 at 22:45.
Pancham is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 23:29   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojas View Post
Salesperson said the Premium Plus variant is sold out throughout India. .
There is one black coloured Premium Plus still on offer by Audi Gurgaon and Audi Kurnal. I was offered it today since I've been negotiating them for a while. I dont want black colour and hence passed the opportunity.
Up until Thursday, they had a white one as well.

Best of luck.
Old 16th October 2021, 23:47   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I agreed with everything you wrote until I read this. How is ‘not’ offering discounts an u fair practice. Audi dealers are not compelled to give you discounts. Surplus stock leads to discounts and this has been discussed many times in this thread. The Hyderabad dealer, in all probability is a Class B dealer and hence may not have the margin to provide you such deals. Simple. Don’t think there is anything illegal there.
May be I should have put it in a better way. This classification of class A, B etc is what my point is that is leading to such variance in discounts. This is the business model by Audi at the moment which itself causing more harm than good. I am very much looking forward towards how Mercedes model of future sales pan out. Will this lead to less variance is discount being offered? Interesting to see the learning and outcome of this model.

Why should a customer be penalised for city having class b or c or d dealership? Why again customer is on a back foot, by not allowing them to purchase from dealership in another city? Again the concept of territory etc.

For me as a customer it is very simple if I see the same product at a lesser price then why should I pay more?

On the same rationale of one nation one tax, shouldn’t there be one model one price?

On the note or legality I don’t have a understanding of laws. Hence the comment if some big lawyer looks into practices there could be definitely some sections where such prohibition of not allowing customers to purchase a vehicle based on his domicile is not in obedience with laws of the land. Hopefully there is one such law.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 16th October 2021 at 23:59.
Old 17th October 2021, 06:07   #239
rsk
BHPian

Quote:
May be I should have put it in a better way. This classification of class A, B etc is what my point is that is leading to such variance in discounts. This is the business model by Audi at the moment which itself causing more harm than good. I am very much looking forward towards how Mercedes model of future sales pan out. Will this lead to less variance is discount being offered? Interesting to see the learning and outcome of this model.
I'm assuming the category of the dealership would be based on the city and/or demand for their cars in the city or the dealership in itself that has done more sales or a combination of city/demand/dealership. If BH registration eventually becomes a norm at least a sect of people meeting the criteria can avail better discounts irrespective of the city we live in.

Quote:
No point of talking about discounts at Audi Hyderabad. I have mentioned this before in the thread that the sales advisor even challenge to prove that the A4 are being sold at even 40 OTR Mumbai and asked to present a proof. When presented with one he just said it’s not my price. Why does he need to ask a proof and then just wash his hands off? Such cheap tactics are very much prevalent at Audi Hyderabad showroom.
The sales guy in Bangalore was very polite. Acknowledged that "Yes sir, that 39 lakhs post in Team - bhp has gone viral. We wouldn't be able to offer you that level of discount". Since I was ready to wait till the end of the year, he said he will come back to me around November/December with what best he could do, but has already set expectations that I will have to stretch my budget further. I'm not having my hopes high, but the overall interaction had the level of refinement expected from a luxury brand.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th October 2021 at 12:56. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
rsk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 09:27   #240
BHPian

Quote:
No point of talking about discounts at Audi Hyderabad. I have mentioned this before in the thread that the sales advisor even challenge to prove that the A4 are being sold at even 40 OTR Mumbai and asked to present a proof. When presented with one he just said it’s not my price.
The salesperson I talked to was quite considerate and reasonable. I can give it a try with him if you are OK to share the proof with me. This will be useful should the Premium Plus variants become available in the coming weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanskumar View Post
Could you PM me your #/email? I've talked to HYD showroom a couple of times as well, but no luck in terms of discounts/deals.
I'm unable to PM as I'm still a newbie. Could you do that instead?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks