No 206 56.13%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2023, 20:18   #226
BHPian

Re: Auspicious days & times for car deliveries | Your thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The earth is only 4.5 billion years old. So, that won't happen.
I was talking about distance not age.

Someone 10 billion light years (distance) away will see dinausaurs on earth, but after six billion years (time) from today, if the earth's age is ~4 billion years.

No two celestial bodies can see each other's state at the same time. I see Sun how it was 8 minutes ago and moon how it was 1.3 seconds ago.

Please note: Dinausaurs lived only around 200 million years ago on earth and it is just an illustration to downplay auspiciousness of calendar days and time.
Old 11th October 2023, 22:04   #227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Quote:
The Galaxy I see at night, if someone sees Earth from that Galaxy which is 10 billion light years away, will see dinosaurs not us on earth.
The earth is only 4.5 billion years old. So, that won't happen.
I was talking about distance not age.
Check your statement again. You said that a galaxy you see at night, a galaxy that is 10 billion light years away. If you can see it, that image is 10 billion years old, because the image takes 10 billion years to reach us. Then you say someone from that galaxy will see dinosaurs and not us humans. There was no reference to future at all. Right now they can't see us.
Quote:
As it took 10 billion light years for earth's light to reach them!
You even refer to it in past tense.
Quote:
Someone 10 billion light years (distance) away will see dinausaurs on earth, but after six billion years (time) from today, if the earth's age is ~4 billion years.
No, what kind of math is this? Dinosaurs existed between 245 to 66 million years ago. Let's take 100 million years for simplicity sake.

Someone 10 billions light years away will see dinosaurs 9.9 billions years from now. And they will see us humans 10 billion years from now. But they will only see freshly created earth with no sign of life, 6 billion years from now.

But in your original statement, you claimed they will see dinosaurs, and not us humans. Without specifying when...

Last edited by Samurai : 11th October 2023 at 22:21.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 09:56   #228
BHPian

It is personal in my view

I am superstitious to some extent when it comes to making large / significant purchases. A car is a significant purchase and the prayers for me always ends with seeking blessings to create memories.

Down south there are some tamil months where it is a strict no to invest in anything. So I kind of avoid those months. But in the other months if the color and variant are available, i generally look for the closest possible date (not more than 2-3 days) and make a decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks