Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you?
Yes 161 43.87%
No 206 56.13%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2023, 17:20   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auspicious dates & times for car deliveries | Do you believe in it?

I am strongly against the concept of ‘auspicious’ dates, times, muhrats and numerology. Timing of all purchases is based on urgency, convenience and availability of deals. I am not adverse to making big ticket purchases during shrad period either. At max, I can consider adjusting by a couple of days here and there if it so happens to coincide with the birthday of a loved one.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 26th September 2023 at 17:29.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 17:30   #167
BHPian

I per se don't believe in "auspicious dates," but the universe has other plans for me. I always seem to get possession of my cars on some auspicious day or the other and luckily till date all my cars have been in order till they have been sold, so maybe in future I might as well keep a look out for "auspicious dates."
jomyboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 18:15   #168
BHPian

Voted yes!

I sort of believe in it. My mom is of strong belief in all these so yes right from booking day, downpayment day and final delivery day is as per auspicious days and time.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 19:45   #169
Senior - BHPian

Voted Yes.

I am strong believer in auspicious time as decided by my wife.. I had taken the delivery of my Harrier on Sankrati days coz as per my wife this is a black day and no one will cast an evil eye on the car keeping it safe.

Its a known fact that most of the vehicle deliveries happen on the 3.5 muhurat days i.e Gudi padwa, Akshaya Tritiya, Dasara and Diwali.

Recently my BIL's car was brought a day before Ganpati which according to my MIL was a good day.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 09:57   #170
Senior - BHPian

My feelings go as the the current standing of this poll. 50/50.

I very happily took delivery of my new Car (After 11 long years, we finally brought home a new car | Volkswagen Tiguan) on Ganpati day.
However, If delivery was to happen on another time of the year not considered auspicious but due to reasons of finance or other planning I would have very happily taken it then too : )
Old 28th September 2023, 10:09   #171
BHPian

For some of us desperate fellows the shubh muhurat is when the dealer decides to handover the vehicle. I, for one, cannot sit idle at home while the vehicle waits for me in the showroom. If there was an inauspicious day, and my family was hell bent on avoiding it, I would cajole the dealer to give it to me a day earlier. I go by the saying "mann changa toh kathoti mein ganga"
Zippy_wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 10:13   #172
BHPian

All days are God's, according to my father. He is right that there are no good or bad days, and I agree with him. Our only requirement is that it be white because it is more visible at night.

Being in the earthmoving business, dozens of vehicles and machinery are picked up without taking day or muhurta considerations into account, yet they performed well or are performing well.

The women in my home are very particular about muhurtas (not just dates, but in the format of*dd/mm hh:mm), the sum of a vehicle's number, it should not*be black, and which direction it should be parked during puja. So passengers cars have been brought according to them.

So there should be a third option, "I don't, but I do."
dicor is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 10:13   #173
BHPian

Generally in purchase of any big ticket item be it land, house, jewelry or car, auspicious day, date and time do play a role if you believe in these factors. People decide based on date/time or the day. Eg. In Jaipur, majority of vehicle deliveries including two wheeler and commercial are done on Wednesday. It is a matter of one's belief system, the culture of the place etc.

If you do not believe in these factors then all izz well.
autobahnjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 10:22   #174
BHPian

Voted Yes, Just a modification to the thought - At home we usually avoid a bad time (Rahu kaal et al) and pick a time slot by when we usually reach the dealership etc - for me personally though a car is something important as my family spends time in the car and I'd rather avoid the thought of bad luck accompanying instead view it as good luck since we got the car at a broad good time or at least a non-bad time. Tuesdays are usually avoided.

Thought query - There should be some basis that these thoughts have existed for centuries together - I believe that if something has been around for a few centuries possibility that its a story/untruth etc is unlikely - well maybe time have changed.

Absolutely no replacement to seat belts for safety and proper scheduled maintenance for upkeep ! Buckle up always please !

Srini
Srini76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 10:32   #175
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (14)

Well my dad never believed in these muhurat but that was before he got his second car. He bought his first on a random Monday and that too in silver colour(all silver and gold coloured things he has bought have proved to be problematic in weird ways). The first few years were wonderful but after that the talented folks at the Patna Maruti ASC blew up the ECU, the alternator and the clutch was replaced with the intent to blow up again. Surprisingly our blue Alto never faced these problems as my grandparents bought it on an auspicious day in the same year as our first car. So our scooty and Duster were bought on auspicious occasions and they are doing good.

PS: our first car was a MS Zen estilo
Old 28th September 2023, 10:42   #176
Senior - BHPian

I prefer sticking to festive days like Diwali, Dusshera etc. My elders are strictly spiritual and all big ticket purchases are done in their presence.
The advantage of these days are I don’t have to remind myself of renewing insurance or upcoming service due date.

I personally believe in having positive vibes and good health of everyone involved on the day of delivery.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 10:44   #177
Senior - BHPian

Just a random thought. Is this behaviour followed by us mostly? How does the rest of the world go about such things when they buy a car or something?
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 10:53   #178
BANNED

The faster the showroom can make it available for delivery, always. I prefer morning time as I would have enough time for a pre delivery inspection and also have time for a small test drive after the delivery rituals.

But, if it counts, I do like to take the car to a temple for Puja after delivery.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 28th September 2023 at 15:05. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks.
Old 28th September 2023, 11:13   #179
BHPian

Not Really

I have picked up the cars when ever its feasible and convenient to me. Since most of my cars were pre-owned, I prefer to pick it up ASAP after the deal is agreed. Irrespective of the day and time.

Once I pick the car, I do give it a proper check, deep cleaning and install the Idol on the dashboard. After that, its time for a proper Pooja at a Temple.

Regards
Old 28th September 2023, 11:22   #180
BHPian

Much to the contrary, I actively seek out the supposed "inauspicious" days, whether it be for something as simple as going for a haircut on Tuesdays, getting any registration work done at government offices, or for that matter taking delivery of vehicles.

I don't do it to prove any point or to flaunt my atheism. Its just that there are literally no crowds during these dates, and my work gets done in a jiffy! :-)

Coming specifically to vehicle delivery - while I have no comment on people's personal preference of taking delivery on an "auspicious" day, I do hope that it doesn't subconsciously make them feel "safe" and reduce their proclivity to drive safely, buckle up, follow traffic rules etc.

Last edited by vijaysrk : 28th September 2023 at 11:25.
vijaysrk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks