Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you?
Yes 161 43.87%
No 206 56.13%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2023, 16:27   #196
BHPian

Re: Auspicious dates & times for car deliveries | Do you believe in it?

Voted No
My preference is to buy it on a Friday, so that I can drive peacefully on weekends. My two cars were bought on Friday and on the very next Monday gave it for first service (1000 KMS). Bikes were bought on Friday too but could not ride 1000 kilometers in 2 days .
Current cars are pre-loved so the day I got is the best day.
kozhissery is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 18:14   #197
BHPian

Voted No.

Though my parents do believe in that stuff, I don't.

That said, I always end up with memorable days to get our vehicles. I remember two Activas delivered on public holidays - 15 August and 26 January of different years. And my Brezza was delivered on the day I got my marriage registered (We went wearing dhotis and sarees directly to Arena ).

I'm also not very concerned about what number plate we ever get. My belief is that whatever licence plate I end up with is my lucky number.

Last edited by Small Bot : 28th September 2023 at 18:17.
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 18:41   #198
BHPian

When you can't decide auspicious day/time for two most important things of your life, birth and death, why worry for it for other smaller things.

Never worried about date/time for anything important or not so important I did in my life except for my wedding.

With said that, I prefer to select date that is easy to remember, ie 1st of a month or birthday or some special date which is easy to remember for me. Primary reason is so I can know when is the last date of renewal of yearly recurring todos like maitenance/insurance/emi etc.
n33rav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 18:47   #199
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Voted No
My last four purchase dates were on a holiday just seeking the convenience of entire family. I don't mind if it falls on a Sunday or on a Friday. I want my family (me, wife and kids) to be present in the most convenient day keeping apart all those monotonous tensions. All should enjoy the new member.

I am supposed to get my new Creta SX O IVT Adventure Edition DT (Khakhi Green) in a couple of weeks. This will also I will wait for a holiday or a Sunday to take her home.
Old 28th September 2023, 19:02   #200
BHPian

Most of my cars were bought during Pitr Paksha Even my house during the same period. My new Seltos will also be bought in the next few days during this period only.

Do good karmas and every day is auspicious.
SeniorC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 21:29   #201
Senior - BHPian

As long as one has purchased the vehicle with one's own sweat, toil (as opposed to other devious means), any day or night is fine! One need not worry. In fact a Starry Night Verna turbo would look stunning during a night time delivery isnt it?

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 28th September 2023 at 21:30.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 21:45   #202
BHPian

Voted "NO".

If I could, I'll make them drop the new car at my home, without ever going to the dealership.

Now that would an auspicious, and, not to mention, a very convenient day. Whatever day they can make it happen!

However I also believe in the philosophy "whatever floats your boat". Want lemon underneath the tire, go for it; want garland on your vehicle, why not; want incense smoke on your zero-emission EV, hey it's your prerogative.

Also we're driving in India, so I kind of realize why we do it.

Peace!✌🏽
inwester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 22:17   #203
BHPian

Voted Yes!

We’ve taken delivery of all our cars till now on auspicious days. Exact muhurat was never discussed or decided with an astrologer or anyone else; it was just the day which mattered.

P.s. Always refrained from taking delivery on any of the 3.5 auspicious days as per Hindu calendar, just because of the mad rush. Delivery should be a smooth and enjoyable affair without any rush whatsoever. Any other auspicious day through the year works.

Last edited by IamNikhil : 28th September 2023 at 22:19.
Old 29th September 2023, 00:15   #204
BHPian

If it’s a used vehicle then NO as I believe the first owner gets those privileges, if it’s a new one then I give preference to convenience rather than auspicious days.
I prefer the weekend day Saturday to get a new vehicle as one can check it out the whole day next day or go for a long drive but then majority do not buy vehicles on Saturdays and consider it unlucky but then to each his own!.
Old 29th September 2023, 00:29   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Largely No, but won’t risk it on Friday the 13th
Old 29th September 2023, 00:32   #206
Senior - BHPian

People choose auspicious day and time for any big ticket purchase. A vehicle is certainly one. Elders in the family or our own better half may believe and insist on it. Especially in the matter of taking delivery of vehicle, because in a way it holds our life in it's hand!

I am neutral on it, and if can't wait for aspicious time or date, will strike a compromise with the folks at home and ensure the time is at least not inauspicious!

When I bought my first bike, I wanted the Yamaha RX 100, but parents were adamant against it. Because Yama was already in the name, according to them! I ended up buying the Ind Suzuki instead!
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 00:51   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

No such considerations are given in the west. Mind you, only about 30-40 years ago cars did get blessed by priests in certain parts of Europe.

I have yet to see statistics to prove that blessing or anything else, such as mentioned o this thread, makes for a more happy or less accident prone ownership of a car.

But I will be happy to be proven otherwise

Jeroen
Old 29th September 2023, 03:28   #208
BHPian

Voted :No

An auspicious day for me might not be one for someone else and the same applies the other way around as well.

But despite things like tradition, religion and rituals deciding on an auspicious day, i do belive there is some logic lost to time itself under all that.

I don't think I have seen people take delivery in the late evenings, it's not considered good post sunset, logically makes sense since your visibility and ability to inspect the vehicle is diminished. Similarly there would be some logic associated with other things as well and there would even be things with absolutely no logical explanation at all.
Old 29th September 2023, 06:27   #209
BHPian

Did not vote because it is both Yes and No

When bought cars overseas did not see a damn.

Here, when the vehicles were ready tried to postpone by a day or two to satisfy the inner peace.

But despite our best intentions things don't happen the way we want. The latest delivery was taken on Saturday although Friday was aimed at. Wanted to take it to Siddhivinayak and Mahalaxmi as a first drive. But even that did not materialize as the delivery happened only at 7 pm, after 4 hours wait.

All for good.
Old 29th September 2023, 07:28   #210

All days are auspicious days for me, I can’t wait for the beast to get delivered to me as early as possible.

Only thing I did it with my Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8G was registered the car on my Mom’s Birthdate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks