No 206 56.13%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 17:23   #106
RBR
BHPian

Re: Auspicious days & times for car deliveries | Your thoughts

Interesting thread, must say.

For me it shouldn't be a Saturday (Mom says don't buy oil or iron on a Saturday). Other that this, every other day and time is perfectly fine. We don't consult a astrologer or pandit ji for vehicle purchase muhurats and all. Also, I try (not emphasize) to get all material things on special days (B'day, Anniversary, etc.) as it adds to the happiness.

Shall try the same in my next purchase (may be delivery on Akshaya Tritiya, if possible).
RBR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 18:01   #107
BHPian

Reading through all these experiences, beliefs, and thoughts, I am chuckling to myself that I never ever got to take delivery of a brand new car from the showroom. All of my purchases were used ones, sometimes scrapyard salvages, except for her - the Bullet (Standard 350). Forget auspicious days and time, I have brought home cars from all over India, and at times in the middle of nights. Yeah, once back home, a full-fledged service, wash, and pooja is mandatory, no two ways about it.

Last edited by jeeva : 24th February 2021 at 18:16.
Old 24th February 2021, 18:07   #108
BHPian

For me, the day sun rises is an auspicious day. So unless any specific event, such as Birthday/anniversary etc. ,is within few days range here and there, I am okay to take car delivery on any day.

On a lighter note, taking delivery on a normal day could mean less crowd in the showroom and we getting more attention!
varman742 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 18:08   #109
BHPian

Never ever bothered about auspicious day, time etc and don't believe in either Vaastu or any special time/day to take delivery. Life is complicated as it is why make it worse.
ashokabs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 18:26   #110
BHPian

I absolutely don't care about auspicious dates for anything, the event (car delivery) itself is what makes a date special, not some celestial alignments.
Also don't care about vaastu, gemstones, threads and such stuff either. Of course, parents care a lot about these things, so they are free follow such things for their purchases

I guess that makes life a bit easier because the showroom is not crowded, and neither is the temple for the mandatory lemon crushing ritual.

With my cars, I take delivery the next day it reaches the dealer's yard. Why wait.

cheers
lazy
Old 24th February 2021, 18:36   #111
BHPian

I care. I make sure to check with my family on Good day and time before buying.

I guess its also about intent where these actions sort of signal enhanced focus on getting some thing right.

Definitely nothing on a tuesday and mostly avoid saturday. Avoid Yamagandam, Durmuhurtham and Rahu kalam times of the day. Preferable thithis are panchami (5), saptami (7), dasami (10), ekadashi (11), trayodashi (13) and pournima (full moon).
Old 24th February 2021, 18:45   #112
Senior - BHPian

Coincidentally, almost all of my car purchases have happened closer to birthdays - either mine or wifey’s or my daughter’s.
And so these dates have become auspicious for me now
Old 24th February 2021, 19:39   #113

Never followed any rituals as such, but my mother insists we don't book or take delivery of vehicles on Amavasya day (no moon day). However these no moon days were just fine for test-drive, asking for discounts/bargains, selling car or other negotiations.

I only follow one rule, which is to take delivery of car/bike only during day-time for practical reasons (easier for PDIs for new and other obvious inspections for body damage, oil leaks etc if buying used).
Old 24th February 2021, 20:16   #114
BHPian

My first car - Swift - We looked for Muhurat and luckily there were multiple days and didn't have to leave the car with the dealer, we were able to take delivery as soon as the dealer was ready to deliver the car.

Second Car - Skoda Rapid - I think we checked for auspicious day, but just ensured to avoid Rahu Kaalam to take delivery on the day.

Third Car - Harrier - Just ensured that we don't take delivery during Rahu Kaalam
Old 24th February 2021, 20:18   #115
BHPian

No days are bad days to get a car home. However my mom is against saturday deliveries so we avoid them.

Coincidentally, all our cars have come home in the month of feb and that too in the last week. No planning, just a pure coincidence.
Old 24th February 2021, 20:22   #116
Senior - BHPian

Any day is good for me, and the sooner the better! However, i follow my wife's sentiments and get the car puja done at a nearby Hanuman temple in the next couple of days. That sticker on the windscreen sort of gives us a sense of security---though when I try to reason, it is more of a sentiment.
Old 24th February 2021, 22:12   #117
BHPian

This kind of thinking is part of the reason why we are still a third world country . Made up fantasies about made up days .
Old 24th February 2021, 22:23   #118
BHPian

I am not superstitious and treat such things with exactly what they deserve - disdain and contempt. But seriously, I just go along with what the family wants.
tacho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 22:34   #119
BHPian

Nope - all the cars dad got following the sort of superstitions my grandparents were insistent on ended up running into niggles, for whatever reason. I personally don't put much stock in any of this and for each of the last few cars we bought, we've always asked the dealer to do without any of the formalities. I guess we're just too eager to just get on with driving the car and neither my parents nor I are ones for any pomp or circumstance. I guess to sum up we have a bit of a matter of fact approach to dates. If the date happens to fall on say a personal milestone like maybe someone's birthday or anniversary, we tend to view it as a happy coincidence.

A funny way I tend to look at it at least for my parents generation onwards is this: the adherence to these customary norms is a bit like how it is for kids. Basically for your first child, parents remember every milestone but by the third child you do get the distinct feeling not every waking moment is being as religiously recorded as it was for the firstborn. When it comes to my parents attitudes towards their cars I've pretty much seen the same. First cars for both mum and dad, they did all the rituals etc. After the third car, with grandparents either not around anymore or not that bothered, my parents weren't the least bit bothered either about any of these customs.
Old 24th February 2021, 22:34   #120
BHPian

I personally do not follow any muhurat for car purchase but my family does - they avoid no moon day and any day between 15th December to 15th January (Makar Sankranti)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks