Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you?
Yes 161 43.87%
No 206 56.13%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2023, 11:30   #181
BHPian

Re: Auspicious dates & times for car deliveries | Do you believe in it?

Not really BUT: voted for Yes

Its always better to eliminate few known fear factors (could be plain imagination). My 'things to avoid' are rather simple and straight forward. I did not look for particular muhurta per se yet follow particular day of the week or some specific dates (birthday etc.).
UD17 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 12:02   #182
BHPian

Not a strict believer for used cars, but for new its taken into consideration since its more of an emotional purchase where family is involved. And no harm in just checking and getting the car.

My only main criteria would be taking the delivery used or new in broad daylight to check the car properly and to avoid mischief. This is my personal muhurat :P
chinmaypillay is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 12:21   #183
BHPian

I always go for an auspicious day. Additionally, sticking to a date ensures that things get done. An open calendar and timeline don't work for me. I usually select days like Akshay Tritiya, Dussera, etc., where the entire day is auspicious.

There are several auspicious days around the year, and there is something truly interesting and elemental happening on these days. Why miss the chance and replace it with an ordinary day to purchase the extraordinary machine in your life?
sidoza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 13:31   #184
BHPian

Voted No
There was a time I personally believed in all this, out of respect and/or fear. Then came a time where it was more to oblige family. Now I just go with the flow, it happens when it's meant to happen! And that applies to all dates, numbers - nothing is lucky or inauspicious. These are just narratives we feed ourselves. Life is what it is.
FAIAAA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 13:42   #185
Senior - BHPian

In all my new car purchases so far, I had always taken delivery at the earliest date the dealership was able to commit, day or night, holiday or Tuesday! And never performed any rites/puja, nor pasted any religious insignia or sticker inside out. And miraculously all my cars kept on munching miles serving its purpose and never let me down. So yeah I don't mix material stuffs with beliefs.
iTNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 14:02   #186

11 out of the 12 cars we have owned so far are preowned and I've never been one to consult the cosmic calendar for auspicious car-buying moments. I'm more of a "deal's finalized, it's auspicious" kind of person. There was that one time we went all out when purchasing a new car, I will call it the 'great Alto acquisition of 2010'. My mom had her heart set on getting it delivered on Dusshera day so there you have it, the one time we let the stars align with a calendar date for a brand-new ride. So, while I cannot vote as yet, I will go with dicor's proposed third option "I don't, but I do"
priyankarb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 14:08   #187
BHPian

Voted No.

But it is possible that if i wanted to gift a car/bike a loved one i would plan it on their birthday or some other days of importance to them/me.

On the matter of superstition, if you believe in something by all means NEVER go against it. In my experience if you force yourself against your deep rooted superstitions you will always end up regretting. Because something will always go wrong and you will attribute it to your departure from the believes.
Old 28th September 2023, 14:31   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Just a random thought. Is this behaviour followed by us mostly? How does the rest of the world go about such things when they buy a car or something?
I believe the Chinese are most like us when it comes to this, having beliefs around good/lucky days.

Personally though, I think it's nonsense, yet another way for religion to control our lives, and don't follow anything of the sort.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 14:34   #189
BHPian

Poll is going neck and neck.Peraonally I don't believe in auspicious day. Most people prefer not buying vehicles on Saturdays. My all vehicles were purchased on Saturdays (purely coincidentally). And by God's grace I've had a fuss free driving experience till date. I think it's Ok to go for an auspicious day/time if it's convenient in your schedule, but it shouldn't be absolute.
Old 28th September 2023, 14:55   #190
Team-BHP Support

I pick inauspicious days, because there will be no rush in the dealership. Wait, why do I get the feeling of Déjà vu... Oh, I have answered this question before.
Samurai is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 15:09   #191
Team-BHP Support

Voted no. For me, everyday I am alive and kicking is an auspicious day
BlackPearl is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 15:17   #192
BHPian

I pick whichever day and time the car is ready but make sure that it's daylight at the time of taking the delivery.

I do a small puja/ritual near my paternal house temple within a couple of days as my mother insists.
Toni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 15:27   #193
Senior - BHPian

Voted no.

I don't really look at auspicious days as such. But somehow avoid taking delivery during the 'Shraadh' period as they say.

So in short any day that my car is ready for delivery is a good day but I do remember all my delivery dates:
  • Premier Padmini - 1st Jan 1989
  • Maruti 800 AT - 2nd Dec 1996
  • Tata Sierra - 28th April 1998
  • Honda City - 1st Oct 2006
  • VW Polo GT - 2nd Oct 2016
  • Mahindra Thar - 28th July 2023

I think my City came home on Dassera Eve. I also remember delaying the Polo delivery due to the Shraadh period.

But i do feel I should take delivery of a car on a festival day someday
Dippy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 15:36   #194
Senior - BHPian

So far I've replaced only my daily drivers. All of which I've been car-less and waiting for them to be delivered. So its always the earliest day available.

I realized current car hasn't even had a puja on day 1.

None of the 4 cars have been treated on Ayudha puja either.

Barring the S-Cross, other 3 cars were brought home August or September months.

Last edited by narayans80 : 28th September 2023 at 15:39.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 16:13   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted No.

BUT when I purchased my present car, the dealer insisted that I do NOT take the delivery on a Saturday as it's inauspicious to buy metal on a Saturday. They're suggesting Sunday or later but that wasn't working for me. Finally took delivery on Friday. Landed at the airport at 8:15pm, headed straight to the dealership and took delivery around 8:45pm. The dealer staffs were patientlywaiting for me, on a Friday late evening just to avoid delivery on a Saturday!

All other deliveries have been taken on the earliest available date or most convenient date for me.

Last edited by ashis89 : 28th September 2023 at 16:14.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks