View Poll Results: Do you?
Yes 161 43.87%
No 206 56.13%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 13:15   #91
BHPian

Re: Auspicious days & times for car deliveries | Your thoughts

I also had to wait for almost a month to get my car. The dealer was ready to give the Car in 1st week of Jan'21 but since there were no good vehicle muhurths had to buy it on 3rd Feb'21. That too I had to take the delivery before 12 30 since Rahu Kalam would have started after that. This is the belief and practice followed at my house for almost all such purchases (vehicle/house/land registration).
Old 24th February 2021, 13:16   #92
BHPian

Although our family is religious, specially parents, but we never followed the concept of auspicious day for cars except for Saturday rule. The Saturday rule is limited only for delivery. Booking and payment can be made. Delivery cannot happen on Saturday. Basically, we are not allowed to bring "loha" on Saturday.

I have followed the same. I generally prefer to reach early so that I can be free to take the car out for installing floor mats of my liking and small puja at temple. Since I live on the other side of the town, I prefer to take the car on Friday so that I can take it out to my parents and family on weekend.
Old 24th February 2021, 13:17   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Would it help to buy a inauspicious car on a auspicious day/time?
No man,

It's always a bad day to buy an espresso.

Take care of your car and it's all going to be auspicious!
Old 24th February 2021, 13:18   #94
BHPian

I'm not an atheist. But I (and my family) draw the line when it comes to following "auspicious" days / times for such things.
In fact, when I bought my Jeep Compass in Aug2020, the SA was aghast when I told him that I would take delivery on a Saturday.
Finally, due to some Fastag issues (could that be due to some cosmic/divine intervention), my Saturday delivery was pushed to Monday.

But , even for other big ticket purchases, I do not keep the auspicious-ness as a criteria. My view is that if one starts following this, then there will be no end to it. Every decision will have to be taken only after considering this factor , and a person who has been taught that we are shapers of our own destiny, the auspiciousness of a day / time holds very less significance.

Having said that, I do not ridicule those that follow such things.

Cheers
Amkam
Old 24th February 2021, 13:22   #95
BHPian

We, as a family are not too picky about auspicious days/muharat while purchasing cars as such, but yes, we do avoid getting home a car on Saturdays and during those inauspicious days before Navratra time.
Old 24th February 2021, 14:00   #96
BHPian

I got my first bike in September 1 and kept it at home till my 18th birthday. That date was very random, I did the PDI of the bike and I felt the connection between the bike and me.

For the EcoSport, I saw the car in flesh on Apr 11 and brought it home on Apr 18(akshaya tritiya and next day was dad's birthday). The best part is that the time you take the vehicle out of the dealership also matters and believe me, my car's chime wasn't working at 11 am(inauspicious time) after 1 hour of diagnosis, the auspicious time just began and everything fell into place!

Our previous activa was purchased on my sister's birthday and it served us well for 10 years.

So the bond is more special if you're getting the vehicle on a memorable date. It Can be the other way round as well. Remembering the day you got your car/bike and making it special.

Another underrated and basic fact is that we need to care(maintain) for the machine and it'll care for you back.

Seems like birthdays and auspicious days do work in my case

To each their own!

Last edited by jithin23 : 24th February 2021 at 14:02.
Old 24th February 2021, 14:20   #97
GTB
BHPian

I don't believe in auspicious days at all, on the contrary, my family does. As fellow Bhpians already mentioned, I wouldn't also mind waiting for a day or three, certainly not for weeks. I took the deliveries of all my cars either on mine/family one's birthdays or as soon as the car is ready.

@Mods: Please add a poll. Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 14:33   #98

For us, the Khasi and Jaintia tribes here in Meghalaya there is no auspicious day as such. We only avoid starting (only starting, mind you) anything good in the month of April. Hence no wedding, no moving houses, no starting business etc etc. in this month. This has come about because April is generally the start of the storm season here. In fact, the local name for April is 'Iaiong' which literally translate to 'storm season'. A few decades back, April is the month for the 11 days rain and the 9 days rain where it rain nonstop for 11 and 9 days and nights. Coupled with the lightning, wind and thunder, people barely moved out of their homes hence nothing good gets done. This tradition is generally still followed because, even though we no longer get the rains, the lightning, wind and thunder remains. However, car purchases are generally made but the number is considerably less than March or May.
Maedhros is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 16:06   #99
BHPian

I received my bike the moment it was ready at the showroom, I don't even remember the date now!

And my first car, I did the same thing. When they informed me that my car would be ready on XX/XX/XXXX date, I went there and picked it up. No family or no friends and moreover it was post the duty hours of the showroom.

But anyhow, if someone is getting some kind of positive vibes by purchasing something on a particular day or time, that's fine!
Old 24th February 2021, 16:18   #100
BHPian

The only rule followed by my family is no buying any metal item on Tuesday or Saturday. So not only car deliveries, it was applicable for my son's cycle too. I also won't mind waiting a couple of days if there's a really auspicious day coming up. Just makes you feel better with your new purchase.

As a student in the US, I remember waiting to pick up my Mazda MX6 on Gudi Padva day, as it was only a couple of days away.
Old 24th February 2021, 16:18   #101
BHPian

Well,I used to buy cars without any muhurtam when I was young. But as I grew older, life experiences made me believe in astrology more. So my recent purchases were all made on shubh muhurtams suggested by a very senior astrologer whom I trust implicitly.
Old 24th February 2021, 16:32   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Followed only one rule and that too because Mom said so - Not getting the car home on a Saturday.

No other muhurat, rule considered or followed.
Same here! Apparently, you cannot buy metal on Saturday (as per my Mom).
Apart from that, we always bought the vehicles the day they were ready to be brought home.
One bit my wife insists on (and I go along - I know enough when not to upset her) is that we first stop at the nearest gurudwara/ temple. This can be tricky since mostly the dealers will put in like 5 litres of fuel on delivery. We ask that they give us a bit more and we are happy to pay for it. None of the dealers so far have accepted money for the extra fuel.
Sanjivvohra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 16:36   #103
BHPian

All of our purchases were made without looking for any auspicious day/hour all that matters for me is to take the delivery on day light.(we took delivery of our nexon around 5.30 pm and it had a minor dent on the door which was not there during PDI)
Old 24th February 2021, 16:49   #104
BHPian

No rule for us. we take delivery of the car when it its ready to be delivered. No Puja at a temple as well. The only thing we do is to put the Ganesha idol (Idagunji Ganesha) on the dashboard before taking delivery.
Old 24th February 2021, 16:53   #105
BHPian

I prefer to take delivery any day any time except rush hours. I dont want to take her home during bumper to bumper rush hour traffic as my heart beats harder whenever my new car comes close to any other vehicle. Other than that, Iam cool with taking delivery any day. In all my previous buys, never ever thought about any auspicious day or time for taking her home.

Another weired habit for me is I prefer to keep my new car at home for few days, as initial few days are a bit harder for me to take her out for a drive. I just keep her at my porch and admires till the initial excitement / nervousness wears out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks