View Poll Results: Do you?
Yes 161 43.87%
No 206 56.13%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 22:49   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auspicious days & times for car deliveries | Your thoughts

Getting the car or bike itself is a very nice feeling; so why delay it for some more? We normally don't follow any muhurat or time; just get it home whenever it's ready.

On a side note, let me share something else here which is somewhat similar. My father is gynaecologist. If there's a caesarean section planned then many times the patients come to him and ask him to have the baby out at a particular time. If that happens he explains to them that nothing can be more precious and beautiful than having a child and the very moment the child enters this world; that moment itself is auspicious! So why do you want a "special" muhurat for having the child?

So, if there's something good happening (e.g. getting a car, a house or simply anything good) then we don't even see what date/day/time it is. The moment that thing arrives in the house - that itself is an auspicious muhurat for us!
W.A.G.7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 23:17   #122

My family has never waited for auspicious days or even believe in that concept. But they did move the delivery to the next day because my dad wouldn't be able to make it on time from the office, or by the time he reaches,
it would be too late, and the rush traffic conditions would make things even worse.

Oh, I swear, I couldn't even try sleeping peacefully that night.
Old 25th February 2021, 07:57   #123
BHPian

I don't believe in muhurats at all. I picked up my Duster in 2014 not in a muhurat, but in a yama kandam as they say here in TN. The car was perfect and we never had any accidents until the day we sold it in November 2019.
Old 25th February 2021, 09:11   #124
BHPian

I have not looked for any auspicious dates to take delivery or to purchase any of my vehicles so far. The only thing I look for time-wise is convenience of less traffic, presence of my near and dear ones and during daylight hours. My mom used to insist on taking the vehicle to the temple and doing pooja, but of late even this is not insisted on with my last two purchases, maybe its the present times. But yes, I do a silent prayer and my own communication with the almighty during the process. But that is only within myself.

Having said that I believe there is nothing wrong or no issue with people going by auspicious time for delivery, its whats each one is comfortable with and for their peace of mind.

Cheerio!
Old 25th February 2021, 09:29   #125
BHPian

All our vehicles have been taken delivery only after the astrologist signs off on the dates. It was not an issue because the vehicle would arrive at home only after the date, until I got my bike.

The bike reached home in July 2020, but I had to wait about a week to ride it because my mother didn't think the month in our traditional calendar was auspicious. It was really painful having to see the bike every day and not being able to take it around.

All big transactions are also done making sure the time is 'good', so to speak. I personally don't have much of a belief in these things but go along with whatever my family says.
Old 25th February 2021, 09:49   #126
BHPian

Fact 1: When I bought my first car I did not knew about auspicious occasions and dates, however I had to wait for 10 days for the delivery. Why? Because I was learning to drive I finished the 10 day course, and after the last lesson, went straight to the dealer showroom for delivery. From the showroom straight to the Temple and then to the Gurudwara sahib for taking blessings. The ownership experience has been amazing. No troubles given by the car whatsoever.

Fact 2: Over the years with some rough patches in life I have kind of started believing in auspicious times and taking help from our family friend who advises on good dates/times. He is in IT and not really a priest, so he advises and explain things in a more logical way. My next car would definitely be purchased on an auspicious day. No, I will not wait for weeks or months for that day to arrive, would simply go with the recommendation of picking a specific day in the week when the delivery is available.
Old 25th February 2021, 09:52   #127
BHPian

Truth be told, some things in my family (the extended one) are driven by age old traditions. Cars being new things, are not covered. All my motorized purchases/delivery has been per convenience. Now there are certain preferences or quirks but nothing to do with celestial alignment.
Old 25th February 2021, 12:04   #128
BHPian

Well the Date of Delivery in my case depends on the availability of our preferred Registration Number - 5464, once the Number availability is confirmed we try & coincide the Date of Delivery with someone in the family.

Auspicious days & times for car deliveries | Your thoughts-img_20200113_095333_771.jpg

The Dzire was brought Home on Dad's Birthday while the Gypsy was brought Home on My Birthday.

The Longest i had waited was more to a Month for the delivery of my Gypsy King. Had booked the King on 2nd January 2017, all Loan related formalities were completed on 7th January 2017 with the loan being disbursed on 9th January 2017 and the Gypsy having reached the Dealer Stockyard on 19th January 2017 but took the Delivery on 28th February 2017 (My Birthday).
Old 25th February 2021, 14:29   #129
BHPian

A lot of forum members seems to avoid saturday for delivery. I work in IT and like everyone else saturday and sunday is off for me. I took the delivery of my scooty on a saturday as well as my recent purchase -First car on Saturday.

I think the auspicious day and time is ones personal belief. I don't have any.
Mainali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 15:52   #130
BHPian

I don't believe in any auspicious days or time. It's more like if it's comfortable time for the members involved, it's fine. Both my dad's bike and sister's scooter were bought on saturday as it was the free time for us. My bike was bought on tuesday as the funds were delayed. Our car was bought on thursday due to delays in covid 19 times. Our family is like if the thing being bought is essential or is going to make us happy, then there's no need to delay it.
John P Daniel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 16:21   #131
BHPian

I do not believe in any specific "Muhurat", day or date. My mom and wife does but dad says that all days belong to god...

Most of the vehicles owned by me have been taken on Saturdays (due to office holiday) and I have no problems so far.

A month ago, when I wanted to take the Eeco, the decision was made on Friday morning, I requested sales person to get it ready and I will come on "tomorrow" and he agreed.

But later he called me around 4 PM requesting to take delivery today (Friday) or Monday because Saturday there showroom will be closed. I had to drop all my meetings and reach there on Friday eve to take the delivery.

The showroom guys revealed that Saturday weekly off as their are no deliveries and very less walk-ins.

When I asked him why you did not told me earlier when I said I will come on Saturday. He said he could never imagine in his dreams that someone can take delivery on Saturday. Alas!!!
dicor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 18:05   #132
BHPian

To each - his/her own I think those who believe strongly/ mildly in the cosmic/supernatural have their own reasons. The logic of these things doesn't matter. So everyone is right.

Over the years, I've defiantly ensured not to follow any 'auspicious' time etc related to anything. My parents gave up after a while. What is the right time to do anything? Whenever you WANT to do it, considering the prevailing situation at hand.

All the beliefs/practices which are followed in our country (Looking for Auspicious times / muhurrats, Horoscopes etc.) might have had their application centuries ago. When the folks had no clue how things in general would pan out, they came up with empirical models/ rules based on their historical available data. And back then, nobody told people that Correlation does not equal Causation. Well, even otherwise, nobody bothered to continually update these rules/ models anymore based on available data (Which obviously will be very tough to do). Its like the bank still trying to use my credit score from 15 years ago. Why? Because. Just Because.

But again, its my own evolved belief system. The degree to which we apply logic to situations depends from person to person. Its a very human trait. I fully respect somebody else's. Peace.
loki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 20:40   #133
BHPian

The thought of auspicious days never crossed my mind in case of purchase of vehicles. All the vehicles I ever owned were purchased on the earliest available delivery date. At my first purchase of a bike, I remember while I was taking it out of the showroom, the sales person asked me where was the lemon. I didn't have a clue what he meant and my friend explained taking the vehicle over a lemon is considered auspicious for some reason. It was not a tradition where I hail from. But out of respect for the belief of the showroom personal and my friend, I did it anyway. Didn't hurt anyone that way, except, probably the lemon. None of my other vehicles went though any such customs and they still run perfect.

Following the customs is purely a personal matter. There are millions of vehicles in India who are rolled out following all customs and traditions of communities and geographic locations and there are millions around the world who does things differently. In conclusion, to each his own whether they believe in astrology or astronomy or neither.
Old 25th February 2021, 21:16   #134
BHPian

I have a thing for Saturdays considering I was born on one and have a superstition that anything I buy on a Saturday would be lucky for me . Not just limited to automotive in general but I try to get anything new on a Saturday.
Old 25th February 2021, 22:07   #135
BHPian

Never considered auspicious date or time for any event in life. When I took delivery of my first (new) car, the folks at showroom were shocked when I said date and time don't matter and I'll take the car at the earliest available date. Truth be told, I didn't consider it an event at all and turned up in my shorts and an old T-shirt. Only to find out that they had planned a handover ceremony of sorts along with someone to do the pooja. I humbly complied to the pooja but yes, it was kind of an embarrassment being dressed like that, considering they took a picture of them handing over the key to me and even framed it right away.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks