View Poll Results: Do you?
Yes 161 43.87%
No 206 56.13%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auspicious days & times for car deliveries | Your thoughts

I don't believe in auspicious days at all. Hindu by birth but no faith in any religion or anything even remotely connected to any religion. I bought 3 properties and just occupied without checking auspicious days or even without doing any puja, grah-pravesam etc. All cars/bikes bought on random days, without even bothering to check whether that day was auspicious or not. In fact, I did some of the things on most un-auspicious days just for the heck of it and everything went fine. Drove many a time right after black cat cut across our path, much to the dismay of stalled traffic. So, IMO, all 365 days and every hour of it are equal, except for the bad weather days. Just look at a convenient day, and drive home.
pgsagar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:49   #32
Team-BHP Support

I don't believe in all this superstitions. I find it funny that we still have people who follow such things.
But I guess I am more rational because my zodiac is Cancer.

To be clear, the above two lines are written as a joke.

Now coming to the point about auspicious time, date, color etc.
I don't follow any of them.
Nor do I wear any amulets or have any good luck charms.

My parents especially my father is against all these things and it certainly rubbed off on me.
bblost is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 22:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

As a rationalist, the thought of seeking spiritual guidance when making purchases or life decisions has never occured or appealed to me.

Having said that, when you live in one of the world's most spiritually-inclined countries, you need to respect others who might choose to do so, be it for car deliveries or otherwise.
MaserQ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 22:35   #34
BHPian

Guess auspicious dates or muhurats are more of a mental piece that someone above is watching over you. It works for you, it doesn't for some.
I believe in karma and I rather take care of my car well bought on any day of the year rather than abuse it after buying it on a muhurat.

On a side note, seems someone at Mahindras is really waiting for a muhurat to deliver my 2020 Thar which I am ready pick up on any day whatsoever.
justwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 23:01   #35
BHPian

There is no such special day based on religion or any other beliefs.

I am more concerned on not getting cheated with so many common malpractice happening all around us. So every decision I take on timings or date of delivery depends on avoiding any such malpractice.

For example,

1. Delivery on at proper day light. No night or evening delivery. Idle delivery time is around 11/12 noon to avoid office rush hours to bring the vehicle home. After all, its under running-in phase and as a driver, my self too needs time to get my judgement right about the size and other stuff.

2. Try to buy fresh car, wont mind waiting period. Its not about any special belief, rather simply to about any misconduct that may have happened to the car while under dealership possession !!

3. Not allowing dealers to keep the car in display or showroom or service center premises. I am happier to see my car gathering dust/mud in their storage ground !!

4. I am happy to spend that extra money for Instant Temp registration number to bring the car home as soon as it lands from the truck and I am happy with my own PDI. I wont wait for dealers to take their own sweet time for permanent number and registration. The moment I have paid the money, its my property and I wont keep it under their control for even a second. If the need be, I am willing to violate my own point number 1 & take delivery at night or evening hours.

India is a very competitive market and every segment has enough models and many manufacturers have multiple dealerships. I am always flexible to change colour or even the brand and model in case any dealership isn't allow me to practice any of those above mentioned points.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 23:06   #36
BHPian

We avoid the usual suspects:
Tuesdays, Saturdays, New Moon Day and Raahu Kaala!
Old 22nd February 2021, 23:07   #37
BHPian

I use something called as the Kabalarian cycle chart for planning all important and significant things in my life.

Having said that I get furious when my Dad takes these things to the extreme and look at good time for insignificant stuff.

When I mean significant it means interviews, important meetings such as performance review, huge deals, buying a car & home etc.,

https://www.kabalarians.com/

Attached Thumbnails
Auspicious days & times for car deliveries | Your thoughts-0b7492c4edce4462aecda964df544ca4.png  

Last edited by Godzilla : 22nd February 2021 at 23:15.
Godzilla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 00:01   #38
BHPian

Recently we bought a [Toyota Brezza] car for in-laws here in Bangalore. I was held up with work for 2 weeks straight and car was lying at the dealership for almost a week. My in-laws were not comfortable bringing home car on Saturday or Sunday. So guess what!?

I got it home delivered!
It was exactly like Swiggy lunch delivery right during the gap between two meetings on a Friday.

PS: I had done a short PDI when car arrived from factory and before it was sent for registration. So in all, that was the only time I visited the Toyota showroom - and rest everything was handled at home or via phone! All thanks to good SA and team at Ravindu Toyota.

And the day car was delivered, I drove it straight to my in-law's place that night [ 300+ kms].
somspaple is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 00:12   #39
BHPian

I don't believe in auspicious/special days as such. The day I got my car or booked my house was auspicious for me. The fact itself that I could buy the car/house makes that day special. The car, scooter and house were bought on those days and at that time when they were available/ready to be delivered and convenient for me.

Last edited by adi.mariner : 23rd February 2021 at 00:13.
adi.mariner is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 00:21   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Me nor my family believe in any of this. I do not like to wait a single minute forget a few days or weeks once my payment is cleared. I always take the car delivery on temporary regn so I can get the Car out without delay and most often I anyways do self registration to save on the dealers hidden RTO charges.
Sahil is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 03:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

Neither my family nor I follow such things. My main criteria is for the delivery to take place during the daytime and when there is plenty of light. Reasons :
1. To be able to inspect the car properly.
2. It is better to drive an unfamiliar vehicle during the day rather than at night. I don't want to hunt for the controls in the dark.
TrackDay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 04:24   #42
BHPian

We try and pick a day when the crowd is less and lots of daylight is left, Say Monday or Tuesday mornings.
We do not take delivery at sunset or evenings due to lack of sunlight .
Never followed auspicious dates but we are okay to wait for any family events, like Sibling arriving from abroad etc.
TorqMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 05:13   #43
BHPian

Me and my partner don’t believe in auspicious day nor in any pooja for the car. As it’s Tata, Harrier delivery was a low key affair with no cake cutting and car was not cleaned properly . After handing over of the keys we directly went to 3M for interior cleaning and detailing

Last edited by greyhound82 : 23rd February 2021 at 05:14.
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 05:28   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Strictly against the notion of any day or time being good or bad or auspicious. I strongly believe that such beliefs are the realm of an era long bygone and have no place in the twenty first century. I am proud to say that I have never bothered to check up for any big ticket purchase, or even for my marriage. And have successfully convinced a few near and dear ones likewise.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:22   #45
Team-BHP Support

I do not believe in auspicious days for car deliveries or for any other matter, but I do not interfere with others beliefs. In the past in one occasion I had told the dealership not to hold any puja ceremony during handover of my vehicle, but they were visibly unhappy and then I told them to go ahead if they really wanted to do it. I asked them to do it before my arrival and not use any red marking on my vehicle. It was a compromise that we both were happy with. They did not feel like they could not perform their duties and I did not have to participate in anything I did not believe in.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 23rd February 2021 at 08:42.
BlackPearl is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks