No 206 56.13%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2022, 19:02   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auspicious days & times for car deliveries | Your thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post

Westerners hardly have the time or inclination to even think about such factors. And there are millions of car sold out there.
There are plenty of superstitions all over the world. To each his or her own. Its your money, your car, buy it whenever you wish to , as long as you don't impose anything on others.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 21:53   #152
Senior - BHPian

I think I may have mentioned this before, not sure, but here goes.

Don’t you people think buying anything new is auspicious in itself, isn’t that enough? Buying a car is a big purchase (generally), so any day you get a new baby home automatically transforms itself into a very auspicious day

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 07:01   #153
naj
BHPian

Good day ,
IMHO every day is an auspicious day. We are extremely lucky to be born as humans and counts towards the positive contributions we make.
Thanks - Naj .
naj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 09:27   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Buying a car is a big purchase (generally), so any day you get a new baby home automatically transforms itself into a very auspicious day
Someone I know in the US, begged the doctor for cesarean section delivery of the baby, because they thought that day was auspicious. The doctor denied, and this guy made the wife fake labor pains, fake distress to have the baby on that specific day.

Fear and superstition are very strong emotions, people find it super hard to overcome years of conditioning. It is only normal for a person like him to consult and pick specific day and time for purchasing a car.

Last edited by GutsyGibbon : 28th February 2022 at 09:29.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 09:53   #155
Senior - BHPian

If I’m able to buy a new car or register a new home for myself, I can’t be more luckier and blessed and therefore, it’s always a convenience of what time and day works than finding an suspicious time. If we were to make everything in auspicious hours, or in avoiding the so called ‘Raghu Kalam’ times, monday mornings 7.30 to 9 am) will be the worst.
Old 26th September 2023, 12:41   #156
BHPian

Auspicious dates & times for car deliveries | Do you believe in it?

Hi All

Recently saw a post on 100 Honda Elevate Deliveries for Honda Elevate SUV in Hyderabad. There was also a post on 200 Honda Elevate Deliveries in Chennai.

We also have traditional thoughts of welcoming a new car into the family as a family member and it should enter into one's life at an auspicious moment for providing happy memories.

How many of us have kept the rule of buying a new car / even a second hand car at a given muhurat/auspicious time?

Did we go by our gut or any of the following?
  1. Favourite day such as Birthday, Anniversary etc
  2. Numerological Date adding up to a lucky number
  3. Professional Astrologer suggested Muhurat.
  4. My mummy said so...
  5. Nah! Its a hoax. A new car moment is upto me on what I decide as a good date.
  6. any others...
Mods: If this is not an appropriate post or already available in any other thread, my apologies and this post can be removed.
itzvicky201 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 13:21   #157
BHPian

re: Auspicious dates & times for car deliveries | Do you believe in it?

No poll? I don’t know if it’s a hoax or not, but go by convenience, that would not override anything else, like I would take delivery of my car on Saturday where I can take hours for final inspection.
Neomobile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 13:33   #158
BHPian

re: Auspicious dates & times for car deliveries | Do you believe in it?

I believe in mahurats when everything is under my control, but when bank involvement (loans), product availability, and many other factors enter the picture, I just set these mahurats aside and go with the flow.
GhostGrid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 14:03   #159
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Auspicious dates & times for car deliveries | Do you believe in it?

I don't believe in it, but I'll go with them as long as it doesn't majorly interrupt my plans.

The cars that I've had the best ownership with were all delivered on days / times I didn't check with any astrologer.

My '97 Jeep's delivery was on my birthday.

'93 Honda Accord taken on a cold Boston evening.

1st-gen City Vtec when the car was ready for delivery.

530d M-Sport on my sister's birthday.

The Thar was ready for delivery, but I was away travelling, so it was waiting at the stockyard. My bhabhi then insisted on an auspicious day & time, so I went with that.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 14:39   #160
BHPian

To be honest I feel coincidence doesn't equate to causation. If something has to go wrong it will go wrong , I mean we are dealing with machines here we can all just hope the car works as expected and keeps us safe.

With that being said , I don't like to be very strict with the muhrat or auspicious day but I ensure that whatever vehicle I buy my wife is the first one to drive it out of the showroom

She has been incredibly lucky for me and whatever vehicle was driven by her first has been trouble free for us.

There was only 1 car that I drove first, bought it on a very auspicious day and we did Pooja paath for it with all required ceremony. So to summarise everything was perfect but the car gave me a lot of headache.
The car was Honda City , i only had the car for 9 months and it was like the car was cursed or something. I ended selling it up due to N reasons.

Harrier was delivered on my Dog's birthday. I am incredibly thankful to the showroom for this. I wanted the car on 25th August.
I booked the car and made the payment on 21st August in evening at 6pm and showroom folks got the car registered and BH number was allocated within 3 days and the car was delivered on 25th August in afternoon.

Polo was delivered on my Mother's birthday.

Thar, Ninja and Classic 350 were delivered when they were available. No auspicious day.

All the vehicles , niggle free and enjoyable so far.

Last edited by BleueNinja : 26th September 2023 at 14:52.
BleueNinja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 14:46   #161
BHPian

Many people don't prefer to take delivery on Saturdays. Three of my cars were delivered on Saturdays.

I want the car as soon as all the formalities have been completed.
shikh_oberoi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 15:08   #162
BHPian

No, it comes from my father, who doesn't believe in these things and makes sure we do not start anything new.

All my purchases are based on convenience and how fast all the formalities can be completed.

I can only wait if it involves delaying maximum by a day.
Illuminati is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 16:11   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
[*]Professional Astrologer suggested Muhurat.[*]My mummy said so...
Answer is in the quotes above! It's been like this since years, and no objections to it since I am able to make time for the big event. Upon delivery, 2 more rituals include a pooja at a nearby temple by the local pandit and a tank up.
Old 26th September 2023, 16:29   #164
Senior - BHPian

Not really. Don't really look too much into all that other than keeping a small rock Ganesha idol on the dash.

No looking for auspicious times/dates, no poojas, no temple/priest visits.
Old 26th September 2023, 16:42   #165
BHPian

Hello,

I voted yes. Having a spiritual bent my previous delivery of vehicles (1 car and 4 two-wheelers) have all been delivered on an auspicious day. My family also supports this decision.

However, If it has to go wrong it will definitely go wrong. I personally believe the impact would be minimal and reduce the risk of unwanted or unforeseen events. Finally, it is important to stay positive and to learn from the experience.

Regards,
-Badri
Full_Minchingu is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks