Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2021, 02:01   #316
BHPian

Re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
In 2014, when the 4th Gen City came out, I suggested it to quite a number of people since Honda always produced niggle free products. It was proven totally wrong!

In 2019, I suggested the Kia Seltos to a colleague, since a 20 lakh car has to be safe. Was proven wrong there too.

In today's highly competitive market, I would rather wait and watch. Carmakers are cutting costs like never before and I wouldn't believe any one of them, especially Skoda, however good the current management is. The fact that they vaguely answered the question is a big question mark in itself.
I guess you can chalk it up to my wishful thinking then. I'd be extremely disheartened if yet another automaker skimped on safety. One reason I am more hopeful here is that build is a USP of the German cars, it's not reliability or gizmos. With respect to the Seltos, the USP is the Gizmos and not its build so I can't fault them for skimping on that. It was never their USP.

The Honda is a fair comparison, given their USP of reliability. I'd be similarly bummed if Hondas and Toyotas stopped being bulletproof reliable. I'd be very excited if Honda were to announce an India 2.0 strategy with taller cars in their portfolio. I plan to go for the tallest car on offer in my next round of purchase, as fun as my Polo TSI is to drive, it's a nightmare to drive at night once people put on the latest white lights at high beam on congested undivided roads. For that reason, I hope the Skoda also offers a good seating height.

I also want the revival of some good international brands as the consumer always benefits from competition, in every aspect - price, safety, features.
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 03:12   #317
BHPian

The only question that comes to mind is why did Skoda create such a hype for all the camouflage media drive!!

There was nothing extraordinary that they could have revealed almost a month back. Extended wheelbase was anyways shared.

They built up a lot of expectations but there wasn’t a single Segment First Feature with this launch.

As many have said another 3 months to see it in flesh probably some other manufacturer will cash on it.
firstdrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 05:54   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
The only question that comes to mind is why did Skoda create such a hype for all the camouflage media drive!!

There was nothing extraordinary that they could have revealed almost a month back. Extended wheelbase was anyways shared.

They built up a lot of expectations but there wasn’t a single Segment First Feature with this launch.

As many have said another 3 months to see it in flesh probably some other manufacturer will cash on it.
Get to the market and rake in the bookings- straight and simple, none of this elaborate multi- step reveals. If you want to “ capture” the market you must get your act together fast. Monsoons are not the most ideal times for test driving cars. You will get lesser footfalls than summer. They should have taken in bookings by now at least.
fhdowntheline is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 07:39   #319
BHPian

While it may look like Kushaq is missing a lot of features which Creta offers as a lot of us pointed out, there are 2 noteworthy features which Kushaq has which is missing in current version of Creta. They are wireless Apple CarPlay and android auto and USB C ports. Both are important in future proofing your car and noteworthy for 2021.
SBM3J is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 10:38   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitbhutoria View Post
While most queries regarding the car has been addressed. Still had to clear my doubt about the built quality after the abysmal Kia Seltos rating. Glad to hear that it is as per Skoda standard heard it from the Horse’s mouth.
Pardon me for my ignorance but I am finding it extremely hard to fathom how come so many people are just making their opinions based on what a Skoda Executive says about their products. Case in point here, had this same statement about a car being safe come from some other manufacturers marketing head promoting their recent launch, I guess most of people would have just ignored it. Isn't it ?

Why shouldn't I take his words with a pinch of salt as I would for any other marketing head from any other company ?

I am personally looking to buy Kushaq or Taigun but unless you show me the GNCAP test results, i won't assume that it is a safe car just going by thud of the door or bonet closing, or history of them making safe vehicles.
viscosity is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 10:46   #321
BHPian

One of the things about Skodas is thay age gracefully. With the absolute lacklustre MID and those touch ac controls , those dull grey seats and the missing panaromic sunroof, it's inevitable the refresh is going to make the first version pretty dated very soon

If they had come out all guns blazing, virtual cockpit, panaromic sunroof, all black interior and the panaromic sunroof, it was a fight to the top with the Koreans. They have all the tech, baffled what they are waiting for. Seltos did exactly that and even left the creta behind for a while, what is Skoda thinking ��
Gizmokid is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 13:48   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
Pardon me for my ignorance but I am finding it extremely hard to fathom how come so many people are just making their opinions based on what a Skoda Executive says about their products. Case in point here, had this same statement about a car being safe come from some other manufacturers marketing head promoting their recent launch, I guess most of people would have just ignored it. Isn't it ?
That may probably be because of the reputation which VAG has built over the years by giving utmost importance to safety.

And yes, if this statement comes from a Maruti executive, no one would trust it as the company is known to prioritize other areas over safety.
Bhargav7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 14:14   #323
BHPian

Pictures from Skoda Dealers Conference
Source
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-ewzkgnvkakhu92.jpeg  

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-ewzkgeuuaei2b.jpeg  

udaikalra01 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 14:23   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargav7 View Post
That may probably be because of the reputation which VAG has built over the years by giving utmost importance to safety.

And yes, if this statement comes from a Maruti executive, no one would trust it as the company is known to prioritize other areas over safety.
@viscosity Along with Bhargav7's reasoning another reason for me taking his word is that I did experience Polo which is under 8L and my Jazz at the same price point with heaven and hell difference in terms of built. Obviously, without the test results, nothing is certain still him replying is better than simply letting my tweet go unnoticed.
ankitbhutoria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 18:05   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by museycal View Post
From POV of someone moving on from 1.2L 4 Cyl K Series engine, how does the 1.5 TSI compare? I test drove the 1.0 TSI extensively, and loved it. Is 1.5 TSI worse than that in terms of refinement, response etc.?
The engine on VW T-ROC has been appreciated by most of the reviews that I have seen. But one of the famous youtubers while, praising T-roc's rev happy characteristics was not that impressed with Karoq which has the same engine. While, invited reviews may not fully bring out the impact, we need to wait for official T-BHP review or other independent unbiased reviewers.

But in my opinion, its our own test drive for a minimum of 60 minutes that will give us the needed comfort before we purchase. We may have to wait for a couple of months after the launch till we get a good test drive. I am yet to get a 60 minute test drive on the variant, that I booked on the Jeep Compass. I will not buy the vehicle till I get a TD done on my terms. But need to mention, that Creta sales advisor was the one who was ready to honor his commitment for longer TD and gave me a 90 minute test drive.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st March 2021 at 19:03. Reason: Spacing.
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 19:25   #326
S15
BANNED

Quote:
In my opinion Skoda should understand it's playing in the Sonet-Venue-Kiger-Magnite segment and not the Creta Seltos Segment. If it gets that wrong, I think it's quite straightforward.
Quote:

Will seriously consider Kushaq if they offer a CNG option in the base or mid variant.
Quote:

The base variant needs to be priced closer to Sonet (6.79) than Seltos (9.89) if Skoda wants volumes.

Thank you for the laugh guys. Of late this thread has replaced the joke thread as my daily source of humour.

Someone wants a complicated TSI engine with CNG option.
Another sees the 4.2m long kushaq, with zero tax benefits as a magnite competitor. Infact why stop at sonet? Why dont we expect this to be cheaper than the VW Polo itself? Or even the Magnite? I mean nobody would complain if it costs 5.5 ex-showroom like the nissan, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
The Kushaq is definitely a handsome looking car, but I am a bit confused with the competition that it is being compared to. The size of the car suggests its more close to a Sonet or a Venue.
So are we expected to pay Creta/Seltos money for an equivalent Venue/Sonet sized car?

Creta height 1620 mm
Kushaq height 1612 mm
Difference = 8 mm

Creta length = 4300 mm
Kushaq length = 4225 mm
Difference = 75 mm

Sonet is 3995 mm long and 1610 mm high.

If this seems closer to the venue/sonet than Creta, people either need to get their eyes checked, or go back to elementary maths classes.
S15 is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 19:33   #327
BANNED

Boot is smaller than competition

Is this car coming with diesel models or not and expected price?

Last edited by Sheel : 21st March 2021 at 22:58. Reason: Please edit or multi quote your replies instead of back to back posts on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 21st March 2021, 19:37   #328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S15 View Post
Someone wants a complicated TSI engine with CNG option.
May not be as much of a joke as you imagine it to be!

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot-20210321-7.36.19-pm.png

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st March 2021 at 20:12. Reason: Typo
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 21:33   #329
Team-BHP Support

Closer look at the spare wheel mounted sub-woofer in the Kushaq, thanks to MotorOctane. IIRC, even the Karoq only got an 8 speaker system without a subwoofer. This spare wheel mounted arrangement looks inspired by the Canton system of the Kodiaq?

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot-20210321-7.54.49-pm.png

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot-20210321-8.00.18-pm.png

Also, it looks like Skoda has cut costs in something basic - there looks to be no height adjustment on the seat belts!

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot_20210320225521_youtube.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st March 2021 at 21:37.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 22:35   #330
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq 1.5L Automatic with Paddle shifters :

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st March 2021 at 22:37.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks