Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2021, 12:03   #346
BHPian

Re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm View Post

It may be narrower than the sub-4m C-SUVs, but do we have different tax brackets for width as well? Does the 1.5 L petrol on Kushaq incur additional taxes for being >1.2 L petrol, in addition to the >4m length tax, or does that not matter once you breach the 4m length bracket? Please educate me.
Base GST on Passanger Vehicles is 28% So both 1.0 TSI and 1.5 TSI falls in the same bracket as both are above 4M in length.

Name:  GST on cars.png
Views: 4908
Size:  19.4 KB

Source SIAM website.
buntee90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 12:17   #347
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Did Skoda by chance showcase any of the lower variants?
No. Just one variant was displayed.

Quote:
Does the Active not get a sunglass holder?
According to the Press Release, only the Ambition gets one.
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 12:36   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
An important price point they should try and hit is the 9.99 lakh mark.
I really don't care what they do with the cheapest variants but for the top-end 1.5 TSI, I would think instead of going cheap they should do the opposite and provide absolute top notch quality which makes Creta/Seltos top end buyers sit up and take notice - pretty much how Octavia and Superb are sometimes compared to even the next segment. Skoda already does not have features, service network, reliability or cost-of-ownership. If hope they don't lose quality as well.
pkk077 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 12:50   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
Headlamp clusters consist of L-shaped LED daytime running lights, LED projectors for the low beam + halogen units for the main beam. Halogen foglamps sit below the headlights, high on the bumper.
Don't know if this is highlighted yet, but this is incorrect and both Low and High beam are LED units.
Also the sunroof isn't a panaromic one, but definitely looks bigger than Seltos Sunroof.
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 12:51   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Quick question here. On the Kushaq, do they have the EA211 1.5 TSI or the EA211 1.5 TSI EVO?
It’s the EA211 1.5L TSI EVO in the Kushaq which does duty in the T-Roc, EvoIndia has confirmed this.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMjzZ1w...=1hw7exme9iizr

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 22nd March 2021 at 12:53.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 13:00   #351
KPR
BANNED

Normally I love Skoda Rapid in red colour. But this time for Kushaq white is looking more premium and enhances the sharp looking design as well.
Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-kushaq-white.jpg
KPR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 13:16   #352
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Don't know if this is highlighted yet, but this is incorrect and both Low and High beam are LED units.
Thanks. Changed accordingly.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 13:29   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

According to the Press Release, only the Ambition gets one.
It doesn’t make sense to have this only on Ambition and skip it on Style. Is it a typo in the press release? Or am I missing something here?
Old 22nd March 2021, 13:46   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post
It doesn’t make sense to have this only on Ambition and skip it on Style. Is it a typo in the press release? Or am I missing something here?
As per some reviewers this was not possible in the top variant due to presence of the sunroof. And its not provided in the base variant, so yeah the mid variant is stuck with it Interesting inclusion.
400notout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 14:16   #355
BHPian

Androdev hits the nail on the head here. The warranty on offer and the service packages would determine the fate of this car. Most of the sales would IMO be for the 1.5 L variant.
Comparing it with the Nexon, Brezza et al is stretching it a tad too far with the buyer expectations. Irrespective of whether it is a 100 mm shorter than the Korean twins this will be built much better than both of them. The ride quality also will not be on either extremes as they offer.
A panoramic sunroof is not a deal breaker in a car of this size or for that matter a 360 degree camera. The Seltos knocked off 100k units with a normal sunroof so why are we expecting it of Skoda right now.
The gist here is this should be the most fun to drive car in this segment. Might miss out on a few creature comforts but for people who hold driving comfort and engine/gearbox combinations as top priority when buying a car, they would or should opt for this.
Coming to possible sales figures, I do not think it is possible for Skoda to match the numbers that Hyundai/Maruti/Tata can get simply because of their presence in limited number of cities. They are working on it but might take some time. This is a sweet sweet product from Skoda after a while which is not priced in the 2 million rupee bracket.
Baddychat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 16:13   #356
Senior - BHPian

Interview with Zac Hollis, talks about Developing Kushaq for India, Potential in the mid-size SUV segment, Competition with Volkswagen Taigun

Kushaq will be priced competitively : Zac Hollis

Last edited by Venkatesh : 22nd March 2021 at 16:21.
Old 22nd March 2021, 17:02   #357
Senior - BHPian

Is the infotainment system in the Kushaq related (or comparable) to the European Skodas in terms of screen design, layout as well as the UI? I thought Skodas had versions like Amundsen, Columbus for their infotainment systems
Old 22nd March 2021, 17:50   #358

I am a fan of Skoda/VW cars (though not of their dealers/ASS).

I am rooting for them, but I really believe that Kushak and Taigun will struggle to reach 4 figure mark per month after first 3 months, irrespective of pricing.

This will happen in spite of the solid initial quality, and the amazing combination of TSI + DSG. And it will be sad to see that happen.

Reason is their dealership and ASS experience. I am a proud GT TSI owner, which is running great after about 5 years. However, every visit to service center makes me wonder for a day whether I made the wrong decision (I remain happy with my decision for rest of the year).

Samples:
1. I was advised to replace brake shoes in 1 year service (ODO approx 12K). I declined, and am still using the original brake shoes at 40K mark.
2. Offered 50% discount on labour charges for 2 year service, but priced the base service labour charges at 4K, so it was 2K after 50% discount.
3. 4th year service estimate was crossing 50K, and I got the car back, and just contended myself with change of engine oil/filters etc at a local garage for less than 5K.
4. Someone with 3 Skoda/VW cars in family double checked with me to gather enough courage to buy the 4th VW in family. Said he just wanted someone to say few good things, after all his other friends requested him to reconsider.

Unless some major change has happened which will delight the customers, I do not see number of bravehearts buying Kushak to cross 1000 per month after the initial bookings are delivered. I hope I'm proven wrong. The car will be good to drive, and own, only if ownership hassles are reduced.
Youngindus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 18:05   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Center armrest has a soft leather cladding with orange stitching. It is adjustable and placed at a comfortable height:
Orange stitching is standard for all variants and colours? It is looking out of place in my opinion. Would've liked body coloured stitching like Red stitching for Tornedo Red exterior.

Quote:
Spare is a 16” rim with a 205/55 section Ceat tyre. The subwoofer is located inside the spare wheel:
[/url]
So we need to remove the subwoofer in order to use the spare. I hope the process is not cumbersome
Old 22nd March 2021, 19:23   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish_arora View Post
So we need to remove the subwoofer in order to use the spare. I hope the process is not cumbersome
Knowing 'Simply Clever' Skoda, it will be something like this designed to fit under the overturned spare wheel:

https://www.amazon.in/Pioneer-TS-WX6.../dp/B003USW08E
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot_20210322192416.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 22nd March 2021 at 19:25.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks