Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2021, 18:05   #241
BHPian

Re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Does anyone see front or rear parking sensors on this car? That's a miss, I think.
crackingride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 18:24   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Does anyone see front or rear parking sensors on this car? That's a miss, I think.
There are no front parking sensors but the rear ones are there, nowadays rear parking sensors are standard on even base variants of cars.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 18:25   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Rear parking sensors have been mandatory for all vehicles since July 2019, this one has too for obvious reasons. No front parking sensors though.
Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-rearview119.jpg
TaurusSHO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 18:31   #244
BHPian

Quote:
I'm spoilt from the time my Yeti was pretty much the only soft roader around, and it was one of the few cars to have parking sensors front and rear😀
crackingride is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 18:40   #245
BHPian

The Kushaq is definitely a handsome looking car, but I am a bit confused with the competition that it is being compared to. The size of the car suggests its more close to a Sonet or a Venue. However, the competition being spoken of is the Seltos and the Creta which are definitely pricier as compared to their respective smaller siblings.

So are we expected to pay Creta/Seltos money for an equivalent Venue/Sonet sized car? Is this the price for a "Skoda" badge in India? Also, let's remember that this car is 90%+ localised, so pricing cannot be in the Creta range. Just hope that the pricing doesnt disappoint as my family and I have put our car buying plans on hold for long now.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th March 2021 at 23:51. Reason: Minor typo.
Maverick1977 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 18:46   #246
BHPian

For someone wanting to keep the car for 10+ years, is Kushaq the right choice? I am planning to upgrade from i10 next year (already 11.5 years old). Honda city automatic with sunroof is my primary choice as of now. Kushaq looks like a good alternative, but worried about maintenance costs.
pradeep_mvpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 18:48   #247
BHPian

My Two Cents:

Pros
1. Excellent Build Quality (Expected from Skoda, they don't cut any corners I hope)
2. Good Interiors - The two-spoke steering and 10" infotainment looks very sleek!
3. DSG Gearbox + 1.5l engine. Auto enthusiasts look for just this combo. I've never driven a better Dual-clutch than in Polo GT TSI, I hope they'll carry the same over which would elevate the performance.
4. Loaded Top trip specs! Touch screen A/C, Connected Car, Sunroof etc.
5. Almost 95% Indian makes! From the design till the assembly most of the touchpoints are Indian is what I heard! Proud feel

Cons
1. Feels a tad bit small in length. The wheelbase is larger than Creta or Seltos, but they weren't able to (or they didn't) make use of it. Around 100 mm more in length would have made the car a bit more comfortable (Sorry, I didn't mean to say as an expert, but as a layman). This is the case overall with the dimensions. I still feel like a small car than a mini-SUV competing with the Kia/Hyundai siblings
2. Compromised rear seat space and boot. Same reason as above, they could have made it a little more.
3. Similar design as Kodiaq or Superb or any Skoda family car. I love the design, no doubt. But, with the competition from Seltos, Creta etc. they should have tried something different.
4. Price!! I have a feeling that the top like spec is going to be expensive than Creta or Seltos. With history, this is definitely possible. Skoda's win here is to go with a competitive (at least introductory) pricing.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th March 2021 at 20:17. Reason: typos
subramaniamj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 18:53   #248
Senior - BHPian

After watching a few videos, especially the zig wheels video with a tall guy, i am concerned about the headroom at rear. We are a family of tall people. I am 6' 1" and 14 yrs son is nearing 6' already.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 19th March 2021 at 19:08.
PatienceWins is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 19:07   #249
BHPian

IMO, Skoda is missing a little trick here. Whatever enthusiasm this unveiling event has created will fizzle out in 3 months gap. They should open a booking at the earliest to engage with potential customers and probably offer early-bird discounts/packages to keep the momentum going till June/July.

Skoda has mentioned that Kushaq can be fitted with optional front side airbags and curtain bags. However, they have not mentioned whether the top trim Style comes with 6 airbags as standard. If the Style variant comes with 6 airbags as standard, an optional 4 airbags package is meant for lower variants which is an excellent move by Skoda. If this is not the case, it will be a deal-breaker as the rivals offer 6 airbags standard in top trims

Skoda has also mentioned that the Kushaq has the option to be fitted with numerous convenient features so I hope a lot of missing features will be available in optional packages. TPMS, Hill hold control, 4 airbags are the optional features revealed so far.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
There are no front parking sensors but the rear ones are there, nowadays rear parking sensors are standard on even base variants of cars.

The higher trims will come with front sensors as well as a rear-view camera.
swoosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 19:14   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
...I am bit confused with the competition that it is being compared to. The size of the car suggests its more close to a Sonet or a Venue. However, the competition being spoken of is the Seltos and the Creta which are definitely pricier as compared to their respective smaller siblings.

So are we expected to pay Creta/Seltos money for an equivalent Venue/Sonet sized car? Is this the price for a "Skoda" badge in India? Also let's remember that this car is 90%+ localised, so pricing cannot be in the Creta range. Just hope that the pricing doesnt disappoint as my family and I have put our car buying plans on hold for long now.
So true, IMHO this is not a straight Creta/Seltos competitor. For the same money, the Koreans are better VFM.

The base variant needs to be priced closer to Sonet (6.79) than Seltos (9.89) if Skoda wants volumes.
naru80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 19:40   #251
BHPian

Looks like a great vehicle overall.
I love the ventilated seats and the 10 inch display. Unfortunately, it is missing virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise control and collision avoidance. I really wish some auto maker starts offering these active safety aids in all of their vehicle apart from Volvo.
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 20:31   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Another feature confirmed is Paddle shifters on the Auto versions. This is a nice video presentation done in a very factual way
Old 19th March 2021, 20:41   #253
BHPian

Hi everyone, I needed some advice on the NVH levels & pulling power at lower RPMs of this 1.0 TSI engine.
My father currently drives a Polo 1.2 TDI & he is looking for a Petrol car for only city driving since the NVH level aren't great & the engine just doesn't have the power to do a quick over take or even cross a ramp without grunting.
He really liked the Kushaq & has decided to wait for Kushaq 1.0 TSI instead of finalizing Brezza (even that too had considerable wind noise at high speeds).
Will it make sense to wait for Kushaq considering it has a 3 cylinder engine which are usually noisy than their 4 cylinder counterparts & some reviews mentioned that its not very responsive below 2000 RPMs?
CafeRacer16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 21:03   #254
rpm
BHPian

I think I'm missing a trick here. I don't quite get why some members want the Kushaq to be priced closer to the Venue/Sonet?

It doesn't enjoy the sub-4m tax benefit and is closer to the Creta/Seltos in length than Venue/Sonet. In addition, it offers more powerful engines on comparable variants (distribution-wise, not price-wise).

It may be narrower than the sub-4m C-SUVs, but do we have different tax brackets for width as well? Does the 1.5 L petrol on Kushaq incur additional taxes for being >1.2 L petrol, in addition to the >4m length tax, or does that not matter once you breach the 4m length bracket? Please educate me.

Last edited by rpm : 19th March 2021 at 21:20.
rpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 21:07   #255
BHPian

By when will Kushaq be available in Skoda Showrooms, to check & feel car in person & to make decision accordingly ? At the moment it seems like a great package, but Pricing will be the key. I'm in for great build & ride vs Virtual cockpit & panoramic sunroof, however that just Me
woodstock3001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks