Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2021, 11:20   #181
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshbids View Post
I see quite a few posts in this thread where people are expecting Kushaq to be a Venue/Sonnet/Magnite/Brezza rival instead of Creta/Seltos rival as it is a tad smaller than the Korean twins.

I am struggling to understand the logic behind this school of thought. While the Kushaq is 75mm shorter than Creta, it is 225mm longer than any sub 4m car can ever be.
Surprisingly, Kushaq is smaller than most sub-4m SUVs in at least two dimensions! It is shorter than most sub-4m SUVs with the exception of the TATA Nexon, whereas in terms of width - it is THE smallest among them all!

Except when viewed in side profile, this car may end up having less road presence than even sub-4m SUVs!

When it comes to its own segment - Kushaq is truly the smallest, in all dimensions! Wonder why Skoda adopted this strategy, in our market where size and road presence plays a big factor in sales!

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot-20210319-11.04.43-am.png

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th March 2021 at 11:23.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 11:30   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk077 View Post
To each his own. I also have a 13 year old Civic and Kushaq seems like just the right product to replace it (manual 1.5 variant; scared of DSG). And I don't want them to undercut Create by even a single rupee. I would let it be known that I am buying a product for what I value in it and not what the general public values. That gives a special feeling of standing out from the crowd and being knowledgeable (with no offence to the gizmo loving crowds). Some of the people buying T-ROC will tell you the same.
They also have the same priorities as you (They are also car people). The Kushaq is still the first choice for them. They just have a problem with the boot space and rear drum brakes. Other than that they are satisfied with it.They just want it to be priced right.

However they are waiting for the VW Taigun. If that fixes the two let downs of the Kushaq , the would buy that.
Eshan Joshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 11:35   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I noticed lots of publications are stating that the 1.5TSi gets a 6 speed DSG whereas it is the same DQ200 7 speed DSG as before. Don’t know how most of them are confused!
Hi, I see you own a Eco sport and hence reaching out to you. I was going to book a Eco Sport At but decided to wait for Kushaq launch. What is your outlook since you have been driving Ecosport. I own a Figo and it feels awesome but its time to upgrade now.
Thanks in advance
Old 19th March 2021, 11:38   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
whereas in terms of width - it is THE smallest among them all!
I thank Skoda for that. Parking space at my home is bit tricky and have a wall, steps, and a pillar to consider during reverse parking. I checked with Rapid last week and width was ok but boot was going out of the covered area. With just ~ 50 mm extra width and ~ 190 mm lesser length comparing to Rapid, Kushaq is a good size for our parking area. Only issue is July delivery timelines.
Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 11:38   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Impressed with the Kushaq's boxy dimensions. But felt it's a bit smaller than Creta and did a quick comparison.

Attachment 2134187

Glad to see that there only negligible difference in dimensions. Skoda seems to have a winner in hand
A reality check for Skoda fans, actually its even smaller(barring height) than S-Cross in dimensions.
Creta: L- 4300mm W-1790mm H- 1635mm.
Scross: L-4300mm W-1785mm H- 1595mm.
Kushaq:L-4225mm W-1760mm H-1612mm.

With no diesel (counting for 50-60% sales in Creta and Seltos), Skoda really needs to get its pricing right.

Last edited by ynike99 : 19th March 2021 at 11:40.
ynike99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 11:45   #186
BHPian

My fellow BHPians, Is the VW Taigun and Skoda Kushaq same car underneath ?
The VW seems to have bigger boot as seen in YouTube videos from last year.
And any idea about Taigun launch/bookings ?
Vasanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 11:50   #187
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 25th March 2021 at 09:24.
AutoDowntowner is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th March 2021, 11:50   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasanth View Post
And any idea about Taigun launch/bookings ?
Yes, it is something like a Vento-Rapid situation. Obviously, there would be structural and mechanical differences between the two cars, but engines would be same as would be the platform.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 11:51   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
They are going mad for no disc brakes at the rear but would happily go for the harrier without the same stating the reason that it's totally made in India
Apparently, the stopping distance of Verna with all four discs is slightly longer than the Rapid with rear drums. The Overdrive comparison calls this out as well (slide to 10:37min) So, I doubt all 4 discs on the Korean CSUV twins make a difference in their favour.

With the horror stories of brake failures among the Koreans, I would rather put my money on something stable.
TurboGuy is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 11:52   #190
BHPian

Quote:
in addition to airbags for the driver and front passenger, the KUSHAQ can be fitted with optional front side airbags and curtain airbags
Quote:
  • ESC as standard with all trims, first in the segment in India
  • Hill-Hold Control and tyre pressure monitoring are optional extras
As per the above from the press kit, six air bags, TPMS and hill hold control are all going to be provided as an optional extra and I would expect it to be applicable even to the base variant. This is quite a smart move(on the lines of Toyota Yaris) to ensure that someone who wants safety but not the bling gets a cost-effective variant paying only for the safety extras.
skarthiksr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 11:59   #191
BHPian

Any word/educated guess on the mileage as yet, especially on the ATs? Though not directly comparable, The Polo GT TSI was notorious for its single digit fuel efficiency.
veyron_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 12:00   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasanth View Post
VW boot is said to be even smaller at 330L.
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 12:02   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGuy View Post
Apparently, the stopping distance of Verna with all four discs is slightly longer than the Rapid with rear drums. The Overdrive comparison calls this out as well (slide to 10:37min) So, I doubt all 4 discs on the Korean CSUV twins make a difference in their favour.

With the horror stories of brake failures among the Koreans, I would rather put my money on something stable.
You may have your reasons to choose your car - but every car is different-a Verna or Rapid is different from a Venue or Sonet or a Creta or a Seltos. Their mechanical components may also differ significantly. This "over-generalisation" of specific incidents or observations doesnt help.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 19th March 2021 at 12:04.
fhdowntheline is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 12:09   #194
BHPian

Skoda can hit the ball out of the park with proper pricing! To keep the DSG woes aside, 1.5 TSi manual will be the best bet with the service packages and warranty in place.

The Kushaq ticks a lot of boxes when it comes to build, safety, driving dynamics, beautiful ambience and it has the perfect dimensions for our crowded metro cities in India.
RJ2285 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 12:12   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
Any word/educated guess on the mileage as yet, especially on the ATs? Though not directly comparable, The Polo GT TSI was notorious for its single digit fuel efficiency.
Having owned a Polo GT TSi, if driven with a light foot, AT in the city can give anywhere in the range of 9 - 10kmpl. In Bumper to Bumper traffic(Mumbai), it can even go down to as low as 4 -5kmpl.
RJ2285 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks