Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2021, 06:17   #331
BHPian

Re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

This is a good looking car. An honest attempt by Skoda. They should get it crash tested to differentiate from Korean twins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Sanskrit is an Indo-European /Indo-Aryan language, it's origin is not from here, Hindi too share similar origins .
Its very much ours. Aryan Invasion Theory is a colonial relic pushed to serve a purpose. There is enough evidance to challenge it. Anyways, we are off topic.

Last edited by C300 : 22nd March 2021 at 06:22.
C300 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 07:16   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post
While it may look like Kushaq is missing a lot of features which Creta offers as a lot of us pointed out, there are 2 noteworthy features which Kushaq has which is missing in current version of Creta. They are wireless Apple CarPlay and android auto and USB C ports. Both are important in future proofing your car and noteworthy for 2021.
Neither is a deal maker/ breaker. Most importantly, how safe is the car, how is its performance and how spacious and comfortable it is, and is it pocket friendly over the course of ownership. Every thing else is secondary.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 08:14   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S15 View Post

Thank you for the laugh guys. Of late this thread has replaced the joke thread as my daily source of humour.

Someone wants a complicated TSI engine with CNG option.
Another sees the 4.2m long kushaq, with zero tax benefits as a magnite competitor. Infact why stop at sonet? Why dont we expect this to be cheaper than the VW Polo itself? Or even the Magnite? I mean nobody would complain if it costs 5.5 ex-showroom like the nissan, right?.
Kushaq height includes a fairly tall Roof Rail (possibly added just to make the height spec look better on paper) Without the roof rails, its smaller than even Sonet !

The wheelbase is largest, but in terms of width its a disappointment. Will it fit 3 passenger in the rear comfortably?

How about the driving sitting position and stance - does it feel like SUV (Duster / Creta) or does it feel like S-Cross?

Skoda is trying hard to market Kushaq as Creta/Seltos rival - but honestly in terms of the stance / looks - it doesn't come closer to Creta/Seltos.

This SUV should be priced appropriately at about 9.00 odd lacs

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd March 2021 at 08:40. Reason: Quoted post trimmed. Thanks.
Old 22nd March 2021, 09:11   #334
BHPian

It looks like Skoda aims to sell 2,500-3,000 units of the Kushaq a month. From today's Mint -

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-pxl_20210322_033447600.jpg

I think they are on course to achieve this easily.

A lot of wishful thinking posts out here! Wonder if people are not happy with stance, height, space, comfort et al., will they buy the car if it's one lac cheaper?
abhishek_hch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 09:22   #335
BHPian

Walkaround video from Powerdrift.

They put expected price at 9 to 16L ex showroom.
Old 22nd March 2021, 09:57   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Neither is a deal maker/ breaker. Most importantly, how safe is the car, how is its performance and how spacious and comfortable it is, and is it pocket friendly over the course of ownership. Every thing else is secondary.
I agree both of them are not dealbreaker. The 2 points I am trying to make here is, 1. Creta is also missing some features when compared to Kushaq and 2. Most importantly for a group(VW) who is notorious for deliberately holding back features in Indian market, this is a noteworthy departure wherein they are not holding back key features like the olden days.
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:06   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmokid View Post
If they had come out all guns blazing, virtual cockpit, panaromic sunroof, all black interior and the panaromic sunroof, it was a fight to the top with the Koreans. They have all the tech, baffled what they are waiting for. Seltos did exactly that and even left the creta behind for a while, what is Skoda thinking ��
Remember, the Taigun launch comes right afterwards. My guess is they have left out these features to give the Taigun some differentiation as well as price it higher, well into the top end Seltos/Creta territory.

Probably the Kushaq will be placed a bit lower on the price scale say between 9-14 lakhs and the Taigun higher up, say 12-17. Load the latter to the hilt with all the features you listed and probably more. This will allow the Kushaq to compete with both the top end of the sub-4 meter crowd (Venue/Sonet/Ecosport) as well as the lower half of the mid-size SUV segment.

An important price point they should try and hit is the 9.99 lakh mark. I hope they launch a 1.0 TSI + TC AT model with essential features at 9.99 lakhs. That would crack open the space the Koreans and Japanese have carefully cultivated over the years and also pull in customers from hatchback and compact sedan AT segments.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 22nd March 2021 at 10:10.
84.monsoon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:27   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Remember, the Taigun launch comes right afterwards. My guess is they have left out these features to give the Taigun some differentiation as well as price it higher, well into the top end Seltos/Creta territory.

Probably the Kushaq will be placed a bit lower on the price scale say between 9-14 lakhs and the Taigun higher up, say 12-17. Load the latter to the hilt with all the features you listed and probably more. This will allow the Kushaq to compete with both the top end of the sub-4 meter crowd (Venue/Sonet/Ecosport) as well as the lower half of the mid-size SUV segment.
While I agree on the differentiation part, some features will be missing on Taigun which will be available on Kushaq, as per ACI and other rumors, Taigun will get panaromic glass roof and miss out on ventilated seats, in one of the interviews Ashish Gupta has confirmed Taigun will also get full digital driver's display. So I dont think they are planning to place one over the other, they are trying to make differentiation between the products which is not based on price and want to sell both just like how KIA and Hyundai is doing between their products.
SBM3J is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:31   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

An important price point they should try and hit is the 9.99 lakh mark. I hope they launch a 1.0 TSI + TC AT model with essential features at 9.99 lakhs. That would crack open the space the Koreans and Japanese have carefully cultivated over the years and also pull in customers from hatchback and compact sedan AT segments.
Fully agree. THAT is the key to cracking the Korean stranglehold , among other things). That will also make potential Nexon/Venue/Sonet/Kiger/Magnite customers pause and think. But if Skoda continue to be in their "Teutonic superiority" mindset, then it wont happen.
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:31   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

VW Taigun unveil is on 24th March, will be interesting to see differentiating features between the two.

The Taigun may get full LED headlights and tailights, sunroof I believe will be a normal sized one and not panoramic and maybe get a digital instrument cluster. Taigun will also get a couple of USB-Cs like the Kushaq if the prototype at the AutoExpo in 2020 was anything to go by. It will also get three adjustable rear headrests and three point seatbelts for 3 rear passengers like the Kushaq.

Dimensions of the two are almost same; same wheelbase, similar bootspace

CEF_Beasts is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:12   #341
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview

Guys, my detailed look at the Skoda Kushaq has been added to the first page of this thread. Please do check it out .
Aditya is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:20   #342
BHPian

Quote:

All the media PR seems to be suggesting that it's skoda which will be taking lead for the VG group in india. Historically too, skodas have been perceived as more luxurious in India. With the taigun's hatch like stance, it's going to need all the help it can get if it has to rack up volumes and live up to the SUVW war cry. But why rob the Kushaq, the emperor, of features which have become a segment norm in 2020/21
Gizmokid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:37   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Guys, my detailed look at the Skoda Kushaq has been added to the first page of this thread. Please do check it out .
Thanks for your insight.

Did Skoda by chance showcase any of the lower variants? The only one I can even think of purchasing is the Active variant.

Curious to see if the absense of the touch sensitive panel for the AC controls is a blessing in disguise. When you said the Active variant would get standard HVAC controls did you mean manual AC controls?

Also, in the Storage section:
Quote:
..while the Ambition variant gets a storage spot for sunglasses.
Does the Active not get a sunglass holder?
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:54   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
The 1.5 TSI is not a performance oriented engine. It doesn’t like to be revved and gets noisy towards the redline. Also, the engine feels coarse past 4500 rpm almost like one is straining the engine.
Quick question here. On the Kushaq, do they have the EA211 1.5 TSI or the EA211 1.5 TSI EVO?

My understanding is that this will come with the old EA211 while the EVO with cylinder deactivation has been left for the T-ROC. Is this non-revving nature true for the T-ROC as well?
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:59   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Very good and detailed presentation there. Covers almost everything in fine detail. The car seems to be a good product but the boot capacity and design seems disappointing. I am planning to get a new car (currently drive a Vento Tsi 1.2) early next year and had high hopes from Kushaq. But so far it seems to be missing that Wow factor. Eagerly waiting for a detailed and comprehensive Team BHP review.
shekjsk is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks