Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2021, 15:04   #586
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview

I think the pricing will not be usual Skoda premium price as this car is an attempt by Skoda to reach the mass market. Also if the price is just below the CBU models then it defeats the purpose of localisation.
Now though the quality is expected to be above Korean twins but car is definitely smaller in size. So it should fall somewhere between a nexon and a creta.
Old 15th May 2021, 17:24   #587
BHPian

Trusted source from VW dealership tells me that Taigun OTR in Bangalore will be less than 20L. So, I’d guess Kushaq is +- 0.5 lac max. Cheers!
TokyoDrifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 19:53   #588
Distinguished - BHPian

Kushaq Price reveal and start of bookings will be in END June.

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 20:47   #589
Senior - BHPian

Looks like it is the wheel cover design we are going to get in base Active variant.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-lhotse.jpg  

Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 23:41   #590

I was on the look out for a petrol AT for about 13L OTR. With rumours early on that the Kushaq will undercut the Korean twins and with news about the localisation, I was under the delusion that with an extended budget the Ambition AT 1.0 will be in my range (14.5L OTR). I am a fan of this powertrain combination in Rapid & would have ticked all my boxes.
But I guess I was being too optimistic. With little research on competition pricing and guess work, I am assuming that, even with competitive pricing, it would cost somewhere around 15.5L Banglore OTR.
Vin_Redline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 19:14   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

SKoda Kushaq Vs VW Taigun!

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-k1.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-k2.jpg

Link (Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview)
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 22:14   #592
Senior - BHPian

Red one above is the base variant! It has the LHOTSE wheel (Picture I posted above is from Kamiq catalogue). It looks more like a hatchback due to smaller wheel, but not bad for a base variant!
Is skoda going to offer all colour options right from the base variant?

Last edited by Latheesh : 19th May 2021 at 22:17.
Latheesh is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 09:45   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Thanks Volkman . Is there a video available of this red one on the road ? I tried to find it on YouTube tracing the watermark but did not see one.
Old 20th May 2021, 16:25   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
Thanks Volkman . Is there a video available of this red one on the road ? I tried to find it on YouTube tracing the watermark but did not see one.
Here is the new video for you! Carbon steel, white, and red (time stamp 1:40 min) can be seen.

Last edited by Latheesh : 20th May 2021 at 16:30.
Latheesh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 16:33   #595
BHPian

Going through this entire thread I am amazed with the management at Skoda and with their motives for not releasing the Kushaq already after the first showing. I just cannot put a finger on the Strategy decision in holding off the full launch with trim-wise specs and prices. With that they can easily maintain a future date for delivery roll outs. Online bookings will give them a fair idea of order volumes and how the factory needs to be employed. As it is, no car in India sells of the shelf. Kia Seltos/Sonet are now on a 5 month wait. That speaks of how much of a sellers market the miserable Indian auto customers find themselves in. Skoda should make an online launch and take on online bookings for pre-announced deliveries in July/August/September, whenever. This wait especially in these times of the pandemic and being stuck indoors with no action in anyone’s lives, is truly pathetic. Is their car not ready, then why did they announce it so long back
armumbai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 17:21   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armumbai View Post
Going through this entire thread I am amazed with the management at Skoda and with their motives for not releasing the Kushaq already after the first showing. I just cannot put a finger on the Strategy decision in holding off the full launch with trim-wise specs and prices. With that they can easily maintain a future date for delivery roll outs. Online bookings will give them a fair idea of order volumes and how the factory needs to be employed. As it is, no car in India sells of the shelf. Kia Seltos/Sonet are now on a 5 month wait. That speaks of how much of a sellers market the miserable Indian auto customers find themselves in. Skoda should make an online launch and take on online bookings for pre-announced deliveries in July/August/September, whenever. This wait especially in these times of the pandemic and being stuck indoors with no action in anyone’s lives, is truly pathetic. Is their car not ready, then why did they announce it so long back
Online bookings will only be a small percentage. Majority of the bookings are still through showrooms, where people pay after experiencing the car. With lockdown in many states, offline booking isn't possible. After launch if Kushaq fails to get estimated bookings and if it turns out to be flop for first few months, will remain a flop for long long time or forever.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 21:28   #597
Senior - BHPian

There is no chance for sub 10L price for Kushaq 1Ltr TSI base manual variant. As per the information available to us it is going to compete with Creta EX when it comes to features and price. Creta Petrol EX variant costs ~ 11L ex-showroom now. Kushaq launch price is going to be ~ 10.5L ex-showroom.

Now the problem is Honda City V manual is priced @ 11L ex-showroom now. It has 4 airbags, alloys wheels, projector headlamps, Auto AC, TPMS, touch screen infotainment, electrically adjustable ORVMs, height adjustable front seat, tilt and telescopic steering, rear AC vents, ESC, Cruise control, front fog lamps, ISO fix, LED tail lamps, rear arm rests and few more features. It is already a better choice than Hyundai Creta EX variant.

Kushaq base or City V?

Note: In Facebook group "Skoda Kushaq Club India", there was a voting to predict base manual launch price 9.5-10L got maximum votes (60%) followed by 10-10.5L and 10.5-11L. Later 9.5-10L option was removed by admin of that page. That group has some Skoda employees. May be they asked admin to remove the 9.5-10L option.

Last edited by Latheesh : 24th May 2021 at 21:52.
Latheesh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 21:38   #598
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
As per the information available to us it is going to compete with Creta EX when it comes to features and price. Creta Petrol EX variant costs ~ 11L ex-showroom now. Kushaq launch price is going to be ~ 10.5L ex-showroom.
Agreed. Even if a 9.99L launch happens - will only be for hype and expect it to be corrected within a month in the name of overbooking, production capacity issues, global chip crisis etc.

Quote:
Kushaq base or City V?
Don't think it matters anymore!

Market doesn't care much about sedans these days. All the C sedans combined sell less than what a Seltos or Creta manages each month!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 22:00   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Creta Petrol EX variant costs ~ 11L ex-showroom now. Kushaq launch price is going to be ~ 10.5L ex-showroom.
Even at that price, Kushaq is better than Creta. Skoda unlike Hyundai doesn't strip interiors for base variants. So, apart from Size & After Sales Network, Creta has already lost to Kushaq. Most people buying Kushaq are/will be from Metro's & Tier 1 cities so, After sales network is also covered.

Quote:
Kushaq base or City V?
Kushaq for that 1.0 Turbo Petrol & City for its iVTEC Engine. .
Old 25th May 2021, 10:54   #600
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is no chance for sub 10L price for Kushaq 1Ltr TSI base manual variant. As per the information available to us it is going to compete with Creta EX when it comes to features and price. Creta Petrol EX variant costs ~ 11L ex-showroom now. Kushaq launch price is going to be ~ 10.5L ex-showroom.
Actually, the Hyundai Creta launched in March 2020 with the EX Petrol Variant priced at 9.99 lakhs. They held that pricing till almost the end of the year and then there were two upward revisions in the last 6 months at it now sits closer to 11 lakhs.

The EX Variant of the Creta at launch was well loaded, with features such as a touchscreen ICE with Android Auto and Apple Car Play. Recently, Hyundai has started to take away features from the EX. So I would certainly expect Skoda to launch the Kushaq at a sub-10-lakh price point - the idea that you want a low starting price to gran attention from multiple segments is well established and practiced now - recent launches such as the Nissan Magnite, Renault Kiger, Kia Sonet etc - all had starting prices that were very low - almost as low as 50% of top end variant prices.

As for removing the 9.5-10 lakh band in social media polls, every manufacturer wants "surprise pricing" - so if they already let the cat out of the bag, the expectations from the public increase by the time of the launch to a point that there is no surprise left
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks