Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2021, 16:03   #241
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Tail-lamp looks so overdone, I'd pick the Kushaq for this reason alone!
The tail lamp is indeed way too much, even MG Hector switched to a simpler design now and it was small as compared to this monstrosity. I prefer the front of Taigun and back of Kushaq, they are made in the same plant, there should be an option of some customization
yesyeswe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 16:19   #242
Senior - BHPian

I find T-ROC DRL bezel, chrome on front and rear bumper ugly. Taigun front and rear bumper chrome overload is taking it to the extreme. Not mention the ugly inter-connected tail lamp design!
Comparison picture with old Creta looks bit odd and Creta is wider than Taigun.

Last edited by Latheesh : 20th May 2021 at 16:24.
Old 20th May 2021, 17:25   #243
BHPian

I'm liking the first looks of this car, looks like a mini Tiguan! IMHO this car has a lot more presence than the Kushaq.

The Kushaq to be despite the proportions being the same looks smaller. Definitely tempted by the GT badge. From the listed engine and transmission pairing options, the larger TSI version may very well be a bigger and more 'chromier' version of the Polo GT.

Definitely looking forward to something new from VW, seems like the brand is almost at a standstill now.
Old 20th May 2021, 17:42   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Attachment 2158108

As compared to old Creta, Taigun exhibits so much elegance. Design will age very gracefully for sure and it will stand out in crowd for the smartness. Expect next 10 years of this design to stay as is the case of Polo and still people will love it.
Completely agree - the old Creta was a hodge-podge of design elements Hyundai designers "borrowed" from around the world mashed up with the non-linear, oval shapes Hyundai favored in the 2000s. The new Creta has cleaned things up a bit but still exhibits a weird combination of straight lines at the back but curvy lines ad surfaces in the front - creating dissonance in design.

The Taigun is a bit overdone on the chrome in front and the thick reflector/tail lamp strip at the back but other than this, it is a clean and proportionate design that will stay relevant and fresh for a long time to come.
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 19:45   #245
BHPian

Other than too much chrome (Read this as Gaudy) in front, i personally like Taigun in grey instead of white.

I like Taigun's alloys as well and as per Video & pics, Taigun got personality.

However if i were to give my preference, i would first personally check Kushaq & Taigun in person that too side by side if possible and then decide which one to put money on.

If VW & Skoda can price both the beast competitive, i see no reason why they wont sell in good numbers.
woodstock3001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 10:55   #246
Senior - BHPian

VW dealer claims Rs 10 - 17 lakh ex-showroom price for Taigun

There have been rumours about Volkswagen dealers accepting bookings for the upcoming Taigun crossover, albeit unofficially. We have now learned that the car could be priced between Rs. 10-17 lakh (ex-showroom).

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-taigun.jpg

The revelation comes courtesy of a Whatsapp message sent by KUN Volkswagen. Here's the original text:

Quote:
**LAUNCHING SOON**

*WAIT* !! to feel the Adrenaline in your head.

*WAIT* ! to make your senses go into overdrive.

*WAIT* ! to experience the real *GOOSEBUMPS* on your arms .

*WAIT* ! to experience the start of something new .

LAUNCHING SOON the most awaited *THE ALL NEW VOLKSWAGEN TAIGUN.*

*Ex SHOWROOM PRICE* is * *Rs* 10 lacs to 17 lacs*
The Taigun is the sister car of the Skoda Kushaq. It is based on the MQB-A0-IN platform. The SUV will come with the new 'Play' infotainment system consisting of a 10.1-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity.

The Taigun will be offered with two engine options - a 1.0-litre TSI petrol paired with a 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions and a 1.5-litre TSI petrol paired with a 6-speed manual and a 7-speed DSG.

Thanks to Akif for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 22nd May 2021 at 10:57.
TusharK is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 12:33   #247
BHPian

That price band makes total sense, and while the top end variant would be tempting, it's the base model with that sweet 1.0 litre engine that will be amazing value. Especially when the competition offers rather lackluster engines in the base variants.
Being a Volkswagen, I'm guessing even the base variant will cover a decent ground with all power windows, central locking, a 2 din audio system hopefully with steering controls and when you toss in German quality to the mix you have a real winner on your hands.
armaan_singh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 13:50   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
VW dealer claims Rs 10 - 17 lakh ex-showroom price for Taigun

There have been rumours about Volkswagen dealers accepting bookings for the upcoming Taigun crossover, albeit unofficially. We have now learned that the car could be priced between Rs. 10-17 lakh (ex-showroom).
That's a realistic pricing in my opinion. Expect Kushaq to be around the same range as well. I will be going for Kushaq perhaps after a year and half when the beta testing is over and when the product proves to hold up relatively trouble free. I'm somewhat concerned about the heavy localization and the relatively new platform.

Last edited by kpkeerthi : 22nd May 2021 at 13:52.
kpkeerthi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 15:58   #249
BHPian

Volkswagen released a new ad!

anto1212 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 08:36   #250
BHPian

Great pricing. This can totally take on sub 4m compact SUVs and some parts of creta/seltos.

1.5 dsg should be a perfect upgrade from rapid, hoping the handling is at par. There are no other cars below 20l to match it.
noufal.ps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 09:20   #251
BHPian

This pricing is very competitive and will sway many of the Creta and Seltos buying folk to the VAG family. The safety conscious people or the people who like to drive themselves would certainly buy this car. It has not got all of the bells and whistles but I feel that it will be a relatively strong car selling 2000-3000 units a month for the Taigun, and slightly more than that for the Skoda.
Old 24th May 2021, 13:38   #252
BHPian

Good pricing. I am particularly interested in the 1.5 tsi-6MT combination. If it can come for 17 otr in top variant, it will be killer value. Although the design is understated, it is by no means boring. I prefer those clean lines to the funky Korean designs, of late.
DonHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 13:44   #253
BHPian

I am interested in this product, however at the same time I am wary of buying the first few lots from the factory. These days, companies are quick to launch the face lift versions. It might be prudent to wait for 6-12 months and book the face lift version.
Old 24th May 2021, 14:46   #254
BHPian

The 1.5DSG is the perfect opportunity to create a sub 20L sleeper. The 1.0L on the Polo is good but the 1.5 with a stage1 update should be as close as we can get to the Golf R. Add in stage 2 + exhaust/suspension upgrades and you have yourselves one heck of a car. Can't wait.
yd_gli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 15:50   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
The 1.5DSG is the perfect opportunity to create a sub 20L sleeper. The 1.0L on the Polo is good but the 1.5 with a stage1 update should be as close as we can get to the Golf R. Add in stage 2 + exhaust/suspension upgrades and you have yourselves one heck of a car. Can't wait.
Yes, with 1.5DSG it is definitely a sleeper, But close to Golf or Polo GTI i would say Golf R is >300bhp territory
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks