Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2021, 17:31   #271
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview

All,

I got to know that some of the dealers have started pre booking for Taigun (Rs.10K as charges at PPS Volkswagen, Bangalore) . When I checked with TAFE Skoda for Kushaq , I was told that they have not started collecting any pre booking amount.

Volkswagen too confirmed saying that they no pre booking has been initiated. So, wondering how is that possible for dealers to collect the pre booking? and is it advisable to go for pre booking now ?

Also, Kushaq is expected to be made available in showroom in June, and Volkswagen during August. So all these is posing many doubts.

Thanks

Last edited by blrboy : 27th May 2021 at 17:32.
Old 27th May 2021, 19:14   #272
Senior - BHPian

Another video showing Taigun
Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 19:48   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blrboy View Post
All,

I got to know that some of the dealers have started pre booking for Taigun (Rs.10K as charges at PPS Volkswagen, Bangalore) . When I checked with TAFE Skoda for Kushaq , I was told that they have not started collecting any pre booking amount.

Volkswagen too confirmed saying that they no pre booking has been initiated. So, wondering how is that possible for dealers to collect the pre booking? and is it advisable to go for pre booking now ?

Also, Kushaq is expected to be made available in showroom in June, and Volkswagen during August. So all these is posing many doubts.

Thanks
I filled up the "Express your Interest" form on the official VW site and got a call from a nearby dealer and booked it. So my information was sent from the official VW's site to the dealer's sales team, they're definitely accepting bookings.
anto1212 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 21:14   #274
BHPian

I was watching 2022 VW Taos review and after watching this, it feels maybe VW India may have just got us the wrong car to compete with the Korean Twins within 10L-20L onroad bracket.
Well, nothing against Taigun as a product, but it just feels a size smaller (4.2m) and Taos with it's slight larger size (4.46m) and roomier second row might have been a right product and a worthy if not tough competition.
Taos is on the same MQB platform and similar Engine offering. VW could have been able to also charge a slight premium over it's competition with features that are being suggested to be offered on Taigun.
VW and Skoda could have benefitted from localizing MQB platform for Taos and Karoq respectively and offered a 4motion as an option with a premium to eat into Tata Safari/Jeep Compass/XUV 700 market with a get it all variants around 25L-27L onroad filling in void between Tiguan perfectly.

Taigun and Kushaq seems like product that are a segment below and post the initial hype, there is a feeling the demand may drop down to enthusiasts only who love the driving dynamic, fit finish of VW/Skoda products (me included); but that's a smaller percentage in my opinion (I truly hope I am being proved wrong by VW).

Is this a missed opportunity, considering the investment that VW/Skoda has done for achieving 95% localisation for Taigun and Kushaq? Let's wait and watch.

cloudno19 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 16:41   #275
Senior - BHPian

The way we can capture the Skoda Kushaq variants from the press release document, is there any such high level Taigun variant details.

Is the tail light bar going to be standard across all Taigun variants.
Old 31st May 2021, 17:11   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudno19 View Post
I was watching 2022 VW Taos review and after watching this, it feels maybe VW India may have just got us the wrong car to compete with the Korean Twins within 10L-20L onroad bracket.
Well, nothing against Taigun as a product, but it just feels a size smaller (4.2m) and Taos with it's slight larger size (4.46m) and roomier second row might have been a right product and a worthy if not tough competition.
Taos is on the same MQB platform and similar Engine offering. VW could have been able to also charge a slight premium over it's competition with features that are being suggested to be offered on Taigun.
VW and Skoda could have benefitted from localizing MQB platform for Taos and Karoq respectively and offered a 4motion as an option with a premium to eat into Tata Safari/Jeep Compass/XUV 700 market with a get it all variants around 25L-27L onroad filling in void between Tiguan perfectly.

Taigun and Kushaq seems like product that are a segment below and post the initial hype, there is a feeling the demand may drop down to enthusiasts only who love the driving dynamic, fit finish of VW/Skoda products (me included); but that's a smaller percentage in my opinion (I truly hope I am being proved wrong by VW).

Is this a missed opportunity, considering the investment that VW/Skoda has done for achieving 95% localisation for Taigun and Kushaq? Let's wait and watch.
Taos in USA is replacing golf. Even though both Taos and Taigun are based on mqb the base platform is not same. Taigun is based on lowest version of the mqb platform(A0) which polo is based on.

I believe VW took this call because it didn’t make sense for them financially due to the illogical tax structure we have going on here. The same reason we don’t get most of the great cars at reasonable price point(this statement is not going to make me very popular here).

However, what’s going to be worse is we end up paying next segment price for Taigun as VW is planning to price this at premium. It will be a lose lose scenario. Car will be dead on arrival if not priced properly and customers are going to lose out on what looks like a promising car.
SBM3J is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 18:14   #277
BHPian

I agree with your points and understand both are separate platforms. My point was if you are anyways investing in localizing some platform, why not on the right one that could actually help you compete in the right segment and bring you some business to reach your targets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post
However, what’s going to be worse is we end up paying next segment price for Taigun as VW is planning to price this at premium. It will be a lose lose scenario. Car will be dead on arrival if not priced properly and customers are going to lose out on what looks like a promising car.
Exactly my point, with Taigun and Kushaq consumers are expected to pay for a product that is a segment below the competition (I am confident both would be good products on their own), thereby defeating the purpose of such heavy investment in localization of any platform. I have my doubts, if these product would be able to deliver the numbers that will help them gain the targets VW group has set for themselves.

Although, I do not think these would be a dead on arrival product, there would definitely be takers for both, but yes no where near to Korean twins and after the initial hype this would settle down to much lower figures.

For me, a recent product that set the benchmark for dead on arrival due to pricing would be Citroen C5 Aircross . I think they would be hard to beat for anyone even if they tried (sarcasm).
cloudno19 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 09:49   #278
Senior - BHPian

Ashish Gupta, Brand Director Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, the company will launch the Taigun around Diwali 2021.

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-20210602_094722.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 14:21   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Ashish Gupta, Brand Director Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, the company will launch the Taigun around Diwali 2021.

Attachment 2163089

Source
Great. They just pushed the timeline by 2-3 months.

It was supposed to launch around August and deliveries by September.

I will cancel the booking!
Old 2nd June 2021, 16:38   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
Great. They just pushed the timeline by 2-3 months.

It was supposed to launch around August and deliveries by September.

I will cancel the booking!
Well only 2 days back, brand director in an interview confirmed it is August and not Diwali . So may be you should confirm before cancelling. VW is very clear to launch it before Festival season starts and that is with Onam before 12th August, 2021.
Old 2nd June 2021, 16:51   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Well only 2 days back, brand director in an interview confirmed it is August and not Diwali . So may be you should confirm before cancelling. VW is very clear to launch it before Festival season starts and that is with Onam before 12th August, 2021.
In which interview did he say that?

In the Economic Times article (June 1), it's mentioned "Around Diwali 2021, the company will launch the Taigun, a compact sport utility vehicle and its first car on the new platform, Gupta said."
Old 2nd June 2021, 17:08   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
In which interview did he say that?

In the Economic Times article (June 1), it's mentioned "Around Diwali 2021, the company will launch the Taigun, a compact sport utility vehicle and its first car on the new platform, Gupta said."
Please find the link to video interview below:

https://www.timesnownews.com/videos/...h-kranti/98807

Very clearly Mr. Gupta confirms the launch timeline is August, 2021 and date of this interview is 30 May, 2021.

VW should question ET for wrong reporting and if possible penalise them for spreading ambiguity in market.

Last edited by steadfast : 2nd June 2021 at 17:11.
steadfast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 09:00   #283
Senior - BHPian

Some Information I got from Dealer about VW Taigun

• Dealer dispatch will start from 4th week of July.
  • Aggressive Pricing is expected (Est 9-15 lakhs)
  • Will be more feature rich than Skoda Kushaq
  • GT Line Trim will be exclusive to the 1.5 TSI
  • 2 variants are expected (Likely to be Comfortline & Highline Plus). Will be confirmed when cars are billed.
  • Same Powertrain Options as Kushaq. (We Already know it)
  • Standard Equipment list is expected. Top Variant will have some premium features (Sunroof, Virtual Cockpit, Ventilated Seats, Dual Tone Alloys, etc)

That's it for now. More information will be shared as & when received.
CarguyNish is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 12:22   #284
BHPian

This confirms the timeline for launch stated in the earlier posts, the launch would be in August!

Can you please share some details on being more feature rich than Kushaq apart from the digital cockpit. Thanks for sharing.
Old 8th June 2021, 20:09   #285
BHPian

Volkswagen released a new ad. They need to switch to different ads, they're releasing the same hustle mode ad variations since 2020!

anto1212 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks