Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2007, 00:27   #166
BHPian

I am a great observer specially if its something related to cars.

havent seen a single Logan yet in Delhi and i travel a lot even then

Cheers but not exactly for Mahindra - Renault !!
Old 26th May 2007, 11:24   #167
NIP
Senior - BHPian

there are quite a few on bangalore roads. the black logan seems to be the most acceptable kinda hides the grotesque design.
Old 26th May 2007, 19:05   #168
BHPian

Only yesterday did I see my first Logan. And guess what, its rear was all dented! So much for a new car...
Old 26th May 2007, 19:12   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post
I am a great observer specially if its something related to cars.

havent seen a single Logan yet in Delhi and i travel a lot even then

Cheers but not exactly for Mahindra - Renault !!
Share the same experience. To my utmost surprise havent seen a single one as yet in NCR
Old 26th May 2007, 19:34   #170
Senior - BHPian

[quote=tsk1979;448223]I saw a few in Delhi. Brand new ones, driven very slowly in the fast lane. Looks like an 80s import.

Maybe the owners / drivers wanted to believe they were going faster than they actually were.......for all you know they might have had the pedal to the metal & it was still not good enough

Cheers
Old 26th May 2007, 20:13   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I saw a few in Delhi. Brand new ones, driven very slowly in the fast lane. Looks like an 80s import.
Had you said 70s instead of 80s my answer would have been more inline than yours never mind different people have different opinions

After having a look at Logan i have started to like tata indigo After all if we have to such a bland looking outdated car why to even Bother about
Foreign Technology when we can make better stuff at better costs

Mahindra should have done self introspection before launching this car
Why was Scorpio a hit cause it was the right car at right Price .Here price is Ok for lower models but not for higer Variants .In our country this car is not meant to carry 2 pigs and a Bag of potatoes as the case in Romania

Out here entrepreneurs Bankers lawyers Mnc employees will drive this car
Not potato Carriers For that we have Tata 207 and one jeep from Mahindra stable i dont recollect the name .
Then our very own car maker THE KINGS OF Making and selling History cars from the Mummy age ,have come out with two fantastic product like swift and awesome SX4 and have changed still Mahinra came out with Logan

I know mahinra will be able to gather respectable numbers due to demand from the very taxi segment they wanted to avoid as if they were selling Asto martins ,to gather number they are also offering huge discount to employees at Tech Mahindra Mahindra gesco Finance Ect ,But they will not find that OOMPH factor as they had in scorpio and the might as well loose some money gained by scorpio on this model ,sincerely expect Reanult to come up with some nice products ,there top management is based in Europe i would request them to kindly have a look at FIAT LINEA and than decide what to offer Next in india and what the competeion Is
Old 26th May 2007, 20:18   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
there are quite a few on bangalore roads. the black logan seems to be the most acceptable kinda hides the grotesque design.
Have seen only one to date.
Old 27th May 2007, 21:13   #173
Senior - BHPian

Some reasons for the slow start of logan. Mahindra- Renault will have to do something about them...quickly!!
1. only available in two colours in basic/medium variants (sahara beige & black) ....no white, no silver (which sells the most these days).
2. no discounts whatsoever. nothing!! not even one paisa.
3. one month waiting period (which can be quite long....when you see indigo/ikon/esteem readily available)
4. poor interiors/equipment levels...mahindra must look into this..
Old 27th May 2007, 21:35   #174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Some reasons for the slow start of logan.
3. one month waiting period (which can be quite long....when you see indigo/ikon/esteem readily available)
For what good reason? I thought they are dying to notch up some number that does not seem to be happening? Or have they stopped production and making these only on confirmed orders?
Old 27th May 2007, 21:58   #175
Senior - BHPian

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
For what good reason? I thought they are dying to notch up some number that does not seem to be happening? Or have they stopped production and making these only on confirmed orders?
even i don't know the exact reason...what the salesman said that its a teething problem.. will get sorted out in a few more weeks..

Last edited by ashutoshb : 27th May 2007 at 22:01.
Old 27th May 2007, 22:46   #176
Senior - BHPian

Had a look at the Logan yesterday. Unfortunately could not drive it as the showroom was closing for the day. The car didnt really seem to be wide body as they claim. The finishing was pathetic. The location of the power window switches for the rear passengers was ridiculous. You'll end up breaking your back reaching for them. Cost cutting gets a new meaning with the Logan. Bonnet release on the left front passenger side. No remote boot release. I ask why? "Sir for safety" I get the pat answer. Uneven panel gaps. I dont understand how despite so much cost cutting they price the car that high. A one month waiting period. Crap. And he told me 200 bookings in a month.

And yes the car I made my observations from was the top end diesel. Didnt bother seeing the base model. Should take a TD soon. I really dont know why I want to do it. But then I will
Old 27th May 2007, 23:09   #177
Team-BHP Support

Down on power compared to other cars, poor finish, no real luxury features and they claim to have a wide body for better accomodation - what are they competing against? Hindustan Ambassador?
Have seen a few on the roads though.
Old 27th May 2007, 23:21   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Should take a TD soon. I really dont know why I want to do it. But then I will
Do I see a thread titled San Storm: Redux coming up soon??
Old 28th May 2007, 03:16   #179
BHPian

Have seen more SX4s on the roads already than the Logan.The general opinion on this car is that its ugly and for that reason alone,nobody wants one.
Old 28th May 2007, 07:27   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Have seen more SX4s on the roads already than the Logan.The general opinion on this car is that its ugly and for that reason alone,nobody wants one.
I was one of those who was gung-ho about Logan before it was launched. So much for the hype. The first feedback I got from a friend of mine was that it's got an ugly 'derriere'. If 'ugly' is the general impression, I wouldn't buy it come what may.

Interesting thing is Logan was launched much before SX4. While I've booked the SX4 (in Coimbatore) and getting the car this Thursday, Logan has not even come to the showrooms in T-II (Coimbatore etc) cities for display. I wanted to TD a Logan for kicks, and the showroom guy said the car hasn't come yet. Never mind.

Why hasn't the car come to the showroom in T-II cities?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks