Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2022, 14:17   #376
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Cardekho has a nice comparison with the old and new Tucson size.

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...ndia-29379.htm

Not going to lie, I'll be in the market for a sub 25L SUV, but this sure catches my eye. Any ideas on what the on road price would be in Mumbai?

Gunning for facelift Hector Plus in the meantime, but I'm certain to check this out when it launches in August.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220713-14.09.32.png  

Lord-Lannister is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 14:55   #377
R_R
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

I have been looking all over to see whether the petrol version comes with AWD, but all stories as well as the Hyundai site only says that the Tucson is equipped with AWD, without specifying whether it is available on both engines or only on the diesel. As of now, no Tucson brochure is not available on the Hyundai website either. Zig Wheels, however, says AWD only with diesel engine, but this is the only source that specifies it. I am not sure if this is based on specific info from Hyundai or whether they are just guessing. If anyone knows, please let us know.
Link
Attached Thumbnails
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-1.png  

Old 13th July 2022, 14:58   #378
BHPian

Was waiting eagerly for this car. Exteriors look good, but somehow the interiors do not look the part. More soft touch/leather trims expected at this price point. Instrument cluster looks kind of weird, like a tablet has been fixed here. Steering looks out of place, slightly smaller and beefier steering would have been better IMO.
Concealed wiper is a nice touch.
midazolam is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 15:05   #379

I own the 2.5L 2022 Tucson for over a year now and seems like they have cut a lot of corners for the India launch. For a start, the alloy wheels are the ones we get on a mid variant in GCC and there is no SWB transmission. Instead, they went for a conventional gear stick.

If anyone wants to read a small overview I did last year, please go here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5218819
svdxb is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 15:14   #380
BHPian

Good to finally see that Tucson home page is updated now with lot of details and Hyundai India's twitter handle has updated profile background and Tucson launch post. Also, unlike Tiguan posts(left hand drive, N line alloys), Hyundai marketing team is using pictures from the actual launch model.

Surprised they did not stream it live and make it a grand event

Are they re-using some stuff from Creta? Creta also does not come with Wireless Android/Apple Car Play. How can you launch a premium car missing out on these features, especially when you make it available in other markets

Posting review of Diesel Engine from Australian reviewer:
According to him, the new Diesel is a much more refined engine and to go for even over the Turbo Petrol engine (which is not launched in India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
More soft touch/leather trims expected at this price point.
I'm not sure I follow. The one shared indeed is leather trim and Tucson does come with good amount of soft touch areas.

Last edited by neel911 : 13th July 2022 at 15:17.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 15:17   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Light grey, almost White interior touch-points throughout the car!

I think the person who chose this interior colour scheme for the Indian market, has never been to India.

In monsoons, the interior will turn a nice brown colour…

The previous gen facelifted Tucson had gotten full black interiors, coming from the Biege + black in the Pre-facelifted previous gen Tucson. And again they are back to step one from where they started!

And no paddle shifters which even the Venue gets?! Hyundai India’s management always manages to goof up every single variant line-up across all their cars. Sometimes automatics won’t be available in the top-end trim, sometimes the rear wiper will be omitted on the top automatic trim.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 13th July 2022 at 15:20.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 15:40   #382

Why is everyone assuming there is going to be no Apple Carplay or Android Auto? Was it mentioned clearly somewhere? or has the brochure been leaked?
nks81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 15:53   #383
BHPian

Considering the overall lousiness on Hyundai's side with respect to Tucson launch today, I wonder whether they showcased a mid variant for the event. Paddle shifters and SBW are missing. This is surprising given cheaper SUVs in Hyundai India line up gets paddle shifters. Alloy wheels in the car shown today seem to be from mid spec variants in other countries.

Last edited by manumike : 13th July 2022 at 15:54.
manumike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 16:03   #384
BHPian

Looking at the Australian spec for Diesel AWD (Highlander), which is priced at 28L, I guess the Indian one would also be priced similarly? I am looking by comparing Astor and ZST prices.

If that would be the showroom price, then it'll be reaching about 32L OTR which would offer incredibly compelling value. I guess realistically it might reach about 35L OTR if we compare it with previous generation pricing and added features because it was reaching 32L OTR, Hyundai would have made launch a bit more spectacular as it would've competed with XUV700 top variant.
Old 13th July 2022, 16:05   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nks81 View Post
Why is everyone assuming there is going to be no Apple Carplay or Android Auto? Was it mentioned clearly somewhere? or has the brochure been leaked?
No one is assuming that.

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are definitely present. What people are saying is that it looks like WIRELESS Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are missing.
lordrayden is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 16:29   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post

I'm not sure I follow. The one shared indeed is leather trim and Tucson does come with good amount of soft touch areas.
It’s good if has soft touch materials and good amount of leather, it’s just that interiors looked a bit off in the pictures. Interiors of the car in the video review you shared looked better, maybe it’s the colour. I guess it will be clear once we get the car in showrooms.
Old 13th July 2022, 16:39   #387
Senior - BHPian

2022 Hyundai Tucson has been revealed...
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 16:51   #388
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Hyundai is content with selling 50-60 pcs per month. Lack lustre launch event considering a big void in 25-35Lakh segment today.

Also looks like they have deliberately skimped on the feature set. Hopefully this could mean they are looking for volumes and hence go for VFM pricing. It will be a flop show if they get greedy and go towards VW pricing
rajshenoy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 16:52   #389
BHPian

Oh, the amount of cuts and creases on the exterior!

It's giving the Lamborghini Urus a run for its money.

Also, MRF Wanderers on a 40 Lakh+ Car doesn't look pleasant.

Too much gloss black on the interior, plus Beige seats, will be really hard to keep it it clean.

Hopefully the powerful diesel will make buyers overlook all of this, those power figures are range topping for sure.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th July 2022 at 16:55. Reason: formatting and spacing
SRISRI_90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 16:54   #390
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
New Hyundai Tucson interiors -
One of the photos, of the boot with the spare tire, seems to show a steel space-saver tire! Internationally, the Hyundai Tucson generally comes with a full size spare. Another special treatment for the Indian market? Also, I am not sure, but the gear lever doesn't appear to show an option to shift to manual mode. This, along with the absence of paddle shifts, means there is no way the driver can control the gear shifting? Again, a bit odd. Also, is the passenger seat powered or manual? Can't seem to make out, though driver seat is clearly powered, with memory settings.

Edited: Correction: the video with the silly fellow above does show that the gear shift does have manual shifting mode +/-.

Last edited by R_R : 13th July 2022 at 17:04.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks