Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2022, 16:56   #391
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Among missing features, Tucson seems to be missing cooled gloved glove box but has piano type accelerator pedal.

Most walk around videos are all praise for the quality of materials used.

Last edited by manumike : 13th July 2022 at 17:01.
Old 13th July 2022, 17:09   #392
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Interesting to see so much interest in the new Tucson. Considering the sales of current one, I didn't think that so many people would be interested.

It would have been great to see 3 zone climate control. It is good to see 360 degree camera along with heated and ventilated seats though, I miss both in mine.

Personally, I feel that the new one has an ugly design(what do I know.. the ugliest car in India-Creta is selling like hot cakes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
One of the photos, of the boot with the spare tire, seems to show a steel space-saver tire! Internationally, the Hyundai Tucson generally comes with a full size spare. Another special treatment for the Indian market?
Current one sold in India comes with a space saver for diesel(due to the DEF tank is what I was told during the purchase) and a full size one for petrol.
moongazer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 17:11   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Shift by Wire itself would have given Tucson such a premium feel from inside and stand out from their other models.
This is personal view, but somehow I feel shift by wire given the cabin an incomplete feel. That is the only thing which I did not like in new Octavia interiors too. Still like that traditional lever. But then I think it might grow on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
- GREAT to see the new diesel with improved torque and top speed.
-
Sorry if I missed. But where did you find the top speed? What is the new top speed now?

Last edited by sunikkat : 13th July 2022 at 17:15.
Old 13th July 2022, 17:23   #394
BHPian

Media reports seem fairly confident of an August 4th price reveal. So another 3 week wait to get further details on the variants and the price points.
Old 13th July 2022, 17:54   #395

The SUV looks good to me, The length dimensions are near to harrier. Interior looks good, though my personal choice would be dark. Very good power figures for diesel but surprised omitting paddle shifters, similar to compass. Waiting for prices to be revealed around 3 weeks from now and how Hyundai is good at exorbitant pricing, this could be somewhere in between 35-42 lakhs on road in Hyderabad.
Old 13th July 2022, 17:59   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
The earlier Tucson diesel came with a R-II 2.0, but this one has the SmartStream 2.0 which is Hyundai's next generation of diesel engines. Hence the torque is up a little.
Smartstream is a confusing engine family and is mostly just a branding given by Hyundai to its engines in latest generation cars.
Some of the engines are reworked but not entirely different or next gen while others are exactly the same.
This engine in all probability is the same as before as well, which is not a bad thing though.
To add to the confusion for example, the 1.5 Diesel in Hyundai Kia cars is the same engine as earlier U2 engines and a destroked version of 1.6, but the international smartstream 1.6 Diesel is a reworked version and features an aluminium engine block vs U series's Iron and some other changes.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 18:06   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRISRI_90 View Post

Also, MRF Wanderers on a 40 Lakh+ Car doesn't look pleasant.
I am sure it's better than the nexens in the outgoing version.
gary is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 18:24   #398
BHPian

My SA feels that Petrol top end will be 34 lakhs (personally i would say not worth it ); 2wd diesel - 36 lakhs and 4wd Diesel - 38 lakhs. All prices OTR Bangalore.
Old 13th July 2022, 18:32   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRISRI_90 View Post
Also, MRF Wanderers on a 40 Lakh+ Car doesn't look pleasant.

Too much gloss black on the interior, plus Beige seats, will be really hard to keep it it clean.
I don't mind the gloss black but the beige seats definitely hurt and are a negative for me personally. Big turn off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
My SA feels that Petrol top end will be 34 lakhs (personally i would say not worth it ); 2wd diesel - 36 lakhs and 4wd Diesel - 38 lakhs. All prices OTR Bangalore.
Ouch! Hyderabad will pretty much be the same in that case.

Also any idea on what the tire size is?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th July 2022 at 05:17. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 18:42   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdxb View Post
For a start, the alloy wheels are the ones we get on a mid variant in GCC and there is no SWB transmission. Instead, they went for a conventional gear stick.
Both do not seem like dealbreakers to me. Smaller alloys will aid ride and comfort and a mechanical auto gear stick should be more reliable theoretically. If this helps keeping prices in check I'm all for it.

Everything depends on pricing now.
Old 13th July 2022, 18:45   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post

Also any idea on what the tire size is?
235/60 R18
not sure about the spare tyre size
Old 13th July 2022, 19:07   #402
BHPian

Pricing it well is the need of the hour for Hyundai. If priced well and if deliveries are managed within short periods, they can capitalise on the waiting period of Mahindra XUV 700.
Old 13th July 2022, 19:07   #403
BHPian

Strange how the premium Korean cars end up missing out on the paddle shifters. Neither the old Tucson nor the Elantra had them. And, a dark interior should be the first choice on utility vehicles or Hyundai should at least offer it as an option on selected body colours.
Old 13th July 2022, 19:10   #404
BHPian

The petrol engine is shared with Alcazar, hopefully the tuning is not that of the same relaxed nature. According to Autocar the Alcazar does 0-100 in 9.8sec and the new Tucson is bigger by 130mm than Alcazar, hopefully it's not slower than it.
Blackwing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 19:29   #405
BHPian

My first post on the forum. The unveil was on expected lines barring some important features that have been given a miss (paddle shifters, shift by wire). I am in the market for an SUV. I have the XUV700 booked and am also keen on the Tucson. Guess will boil down to pricing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks