Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2022, 23:08   #571
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
Looks like it.

I'm curious as to what cars in India comes with genuine leather seats these days (bar the luxury brands, well most of the luxury ones also have leatherette for base models)?

I know Jeep Meridian and Skoda Kodiaq does come with genuine leather, any others that come to mind under 50 lakhs?
If I am not wrong Octavia and Superb comes with genuine leather too. Infact my MK3 Octavia has genuine leather (the non touch points like side were leatherette) and it was one of the main reason (obviously other reasons were there too) for me to consider Octavia over Jetta which came with leatherette.
Old 19th July 2022, 00:01   #572
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
If I am not wrong Octavia and Superb comes with genuine leather too. Infact my MK3 Octavia has genuine leather (the non touch points like side were leatherette) and it was one of the main reason (obviously other reasons were there too) for me to consider Octavia over Jetta which came with leatherette.
So does the Tiguan, leather steering and gear knob.

Feature list positives -
Diffused air con can be a really good if it works the way it’s intended. Especially for places like Bangalore where you don’t need a blast of cold air hitting you.
Boss buttons on front passenger seat.
Passenger powered seats.
Over the air updates for maps.

Negatives -
Two zone climate control and no blower control at the back.
Leatherette steering. Personal choice but I feel this is the highest touchpoint area of a car for self driven people so has to feel good.

Last edited by EaurougeatSpa : 19th July 2022 at 00:08.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 06:25   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumike View Post
Above looks too optimistic and a more possible pricing might be –
PL 2WD AT Platinum – 24,99,000
PL 2WD AT Signature – 27,99,000
DSL 2WD AT Platinum – 28,49,000
DSL 2WD AT Signature – 31,49,000
DSL 4WD AT Signature – 32,99,000

That was just my take on pricing. What does everyone else think?
Difference between similar specced Petrol and Diesel in current Tucson is only 2L. So Diesel Platinum will be at 27 to 27.5, signature at 29.5 to 29.99 and AWD at 31.5 to 32. I don't think Hyundai will overprice their bread and butter variants.

Moreover, I don't think Hyundai can command 2 variants above 30L ex showroom. AWD will be for enthusiasts and will be above 30. I expect all other variants to be below 30 - purely because there is no change in engines.
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 10:06   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer84 View Post
The attached might help.With incoming trafic, am almost blinded.Visibily is good for surfaces with reflectors.I feel Hector and xuv700 have a better throw.
Thanks for the pictures.
BTW, is yours the 3rd gen Tucson?
Old 19th July 2022, 10:15   #575

Yes. The one with penta projectors.
Surfer84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 11:34   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
Thanks for the quick reply, umairalvi!
Guys, is there by any chance a way to change the LEDs from pure white to yellow?
I drive a lot at night, in the rains and through fog!!
I don't think so the white LED lights can't be changed to yellow ! May be you can get an OSRAM light-bar that will solve the night drive problem. You can fix under the number plate.

Product Link - https://www.osram.com/ecat/Lightbar%...9/ZMP_4058239/

Video link -
Mathan1130 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 12:29   #577
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
Thanks for the quick reply, umairalvi!
Guys, is there by any chance a way to change the LEDs from pure white to yellow?
I drive a lot at night, in the rains and through fog!!
Changing to yellow LEDs even if you find them wont solve the problem of visibility. LEDs emit too many wavelengths from the smaller/shorter bands that scatter and disperse in fog and haze hence viz will always be poor. You need halogen lights that emit fewer wavelengths in a limited range - these penetrate through the suspended moisture droplets better.

You can see the halo dispersion effect in oncoming fog lights that everyone is buying off Amazon these days and installing on their motorcycle leg guards - its just a blinding dispersed glare with little penetration into the distance.
Ragul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 12:55   #578

Went through the feature list in the website. The only difference between platinum and signature is :-

1) ADAS
2) VENTILATED SEATS
3) POWERED PASSENGER SEAT WITH WALKIN DEVICE

Now I think Platinum is amazingly equipped. I think Platinum 2.0 DSL will be an excellent Value for Money choice if they price it between 28-30 lacs ex-showroom.

Has anyone decided a color? I’m confused between Starry Night and Amazon grey. Does Amazon grey have a greenish tinge?

Last edited by Axe77 : 20th July 2022 at 00:58. Reason: Typos
Pankajm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 13:13   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankajm View Post

Has anyone decided a color, im confused between Starry Night and Amazon grey? Does Amzon grey has a greenish tinge??
The Starry night is very nice and an almost black tone, similar to Mahindra's midnight blue. Yes the amazon grey has a greenish tinge. Although I think it looks best in black.
Old 19th July 2022, 13:28   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Went through the feature list in the website. The only difference between platinum and signature is :-
====
Has anyone decided a color, im confused between Starry Night and Amazon grey? Does Amzon grey has a greenish tinge??
I have decided to go ahead with Starry Night if it doesn't look good in real I might switch to Fiery Red Dual Tone. Amazon grey seems to be a new colour for India not sure how it will look in real.
Old 19th July 2022, 13:58   #581
pms
BHPian

Quote:

1) ADAS
2) VENTILATED SEATS
Misses out on the Powered Tail Gate as well. I feel ventilated seats should have been provided in Platinum, this is becoming more of a necessity from luxury considering many lower segment vehicles are providing it now.
Old 19th July 2022, 14:10   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Changing to yellow LEDs even if you find them wont solve the problem of visibility. LEDs emit too many wavelengths from the smaller/shorter bands that scatter and disperse in fog and haze hence viz will always be poor. You need halogen lights that emit fewer wavelengths in a limited range - these penetrate through the suspended moisture droplets better.

You can see the halo dispersion effect in oncoming fog lights that everyone is buying off Amazon these days and installing on their motorcycle leg guards - its just a blinding dispersed glare with little penetration into the distance.
So there goes form over function
Old 19th July 2022, 14:16   #583

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
I feel ventilated seats should have been provided in Platinum, this is becoming more of a necessity from luxury considering many lower segment vehicles are providing it now.
True, its in my cousin's ₹16L CRETA!!!!!
Old 19th July 2022, 14:27   #584
BHPian

Quote:

1) ADAS
2) VENTILATED SEATS

Now I think Platinum is amazingly equipped. I think Platinum 2.0 DSL will be an excellent Value for Money choice if they price it between 28-30 lacs exshowroom.
Add below to your list:
- Hands free smart power tail gate with height adjustment
- Driver power seat memory function

Quote:
Amazon Gray does have greenish tinge but it all depends on the angle and amount of light falling. At times it will feel like a dark gray or even dark silver. This colour seems to be one of popular ones and what Hyundai has been using primarily across countries on their brochures/landing page

I was really hoping for Titan Gray shade to be made available here (they do have it for Venue and globally for Tucson)

The Starry Night is carried over from outgoing Tucson Gen and looks similar to DeepSea shade available in other countries
Old 19th July 2022, 14:53   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
The Starry Night is carried over from outgoing Tucson Gen and looks similar to DeepSea shade available in other countries
I was waiting for Deep Sea shade since the day it was launched in USA. Need to contend with Starry Night!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks