Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2021, 20:50   #151

Re: Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview

Saw Skoda Slavia in white for the first time.
Sorry for the less detail picture.
Our car was doing speed around 90kmph on Nashik-Pune Highway and Slavia zoom passed us in Speed and style.
Couldn't get much detail on the engine variant but for sure the car has good road presence.

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-img20211224wa00032.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 29th December 2021 at 10:16. Reason: Watermark added
ShreeUKale is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 11:41   #152
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Slavia dealer dispatches begin, launch by March 2022.

Name:  SmartSelect_20211229113917_Instagram.gif
Views: 1036
Size:  5.38 MB

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-smartselect_20211229113736_instagram.jpg

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-smartselect_20211229113728_instagram.jpg

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-smartselect_20211229114417_instagram.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 29th December 2021 at 11:45.
Venkatesh is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 13:57   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Skoda Slavia dealer dispatches begin, launch by March 2022.
Thanks for sharing. Is there generally so much gap between dealer dispatches and launch?
stringbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 15:01   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

I doubt this could be dealer dispatches, as test drive cars and display cars arrive very close to the actual launch. This way the company makes sure the excitement is retained and cars are not lying around in the yards, exposed to thousands of self-proclaimed YouTube auto journalists roaming the dealerships and stockyards these days. These folks may shoot the car from angles or conditions that can paint the car in poor light as it happened to the XUV pre-launch.

More likely this is for ARAI testing or for organized media drive event.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 15:11   #155
DVK
BHPian

I was kind of looking into this vehicle despite there being no diesel engine to damper the running costs. Honestly, I think I kind of have lost interest in this vehicle, mainly due to such a long gap between reveal and launches.

Is this the same for the others who were considering Slavia? Has Skoda taken it too far with respect to the gap between the reveal and the launch?
DVK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 16:02   #156
Team-BHP Support

As per my source - these are NOT dealer dispatches, but dealership display cars.

Since we have another two months to go and Skoda wants to keep the drip feed going - dealers will have the car on display from mid-Jan onwards. This also gives a push for the pre-booking numbers are many customers prefer to see the car first before pre-booking (Skoda also charges 3k cancellation fees). Media drives are expected around mid-Feb and the launch by March.

Virtus teaser drip feed should start around mid-Feb or early March too.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 16:27   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
As per my source - these are NOT dealer dispatches, but dealership display cars.
Very likely, considering that VW Group usually announces start of production for new products with a media release. It looks like these might be Series 0 cars from the media drives, now going to dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
ŠKODA Slavia has been tested by Global NCAP.
I've been informed by someone at Global NCAP that they have not tested the Škoda Slavia, or even received an offer to pay for a test, so I don't know where Autocar India got that bit from. This makes sense, considering that series production of the Slavia does not seem to have started. Neither will the Kushaq (Taigun) be included in the next publication of results which supposedly has more models than usual, scheduled for the second half of January. The Taigun is reportedly a candidate for the updated July protocols, but it's not confirmed.

They are, however, looking forward to testing the upcoming India-made updated VW T-Cross and Virtus for Latin America whenever they launch, and they will supposedly have AEB.

Last edited by ron178 : 29th December 2021 at 16:55.
ron178 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 13:38   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVK View Post
I was kind of looking into this vehicle despite there being no diesel engine to damper the running costs. Honestly, I think I kind of have lost interest in this vehicle, mainly due to such a long gap between reveal and launches.

Is this the same for the others who were considering Slavia? Has Skoda taken it too far with respect to the gap between the reveal and the launch?
I think it’s worth to consider Petrol even for someone who is looking at Diesel for running cost, 1.5 Petrol TSI of Kushaq/Taigun has ARAI of 18.47 KMPL, good enough torque and less headache of DEF.

Last edited by mytbhp_turbo : 30th December 2021 at 13:39.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 13:54   #159
BHPian

Saw a Slavia on the e-way yesterday. It looks pretty large, almost Octy large. As good as it looks, after a set of bitter episodes with Škoda, I’ve put my plans to book a Kodiaq and possibly replace my ageing Rapid with a Slavia to rest. Eagerly waiting for the new Tucson.
roadrunner_nv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 17:38   #160
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
Saw a Slavia on the e-way yesterday. It looks pretty large, almost Octy large. As good as it looks, after a set of bitter episodes with Škoda, I’ve put my plans to book a Kodiaq and possibly replace my ageing Rapid with a Slavia to rest. Eagerly waiting for the new Tucson.
Hi, could you point us to the direction of the thread detailing the issues you faced (if any)? In case there isn't any, can you probably articulate what it was that made you turn away from Skoda/VW? Considering they're trying to turn a new leaf, don't you have a shred of hope for any improvement from them?
GOTTI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 00:45   #161

Did anyone notice that the tail lamp of Skoda Slavia resembles with Honda Amaze.
No doubt the Slavia's tail lamp looks more sharp but still it looks similar.
Attached Images

ShreeUKale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 13:04   #162
BHPian

Just spoke to Skoda dealer in Bengaluru. They expect the price for slavia automatic to be 18-20L on road for 1.0 TSI base automatic(ambition variant) and 21-22L for top end and for the 1.5 TSI it would be in the range of 24L to 26L. As per them, slavia is not a replacement for rapid at all, it is rather positioned just under the Octavia /Superb and above the Rapid range.
Price announcement would be by mid Jan and vehicle would be available in showroom for test drives by Feb.
These prices seem to be on the higher side to me, (especially for the 1L turbo) but the dealer was pretty confident that these would be the prices as it's a premium offering and not targetted as a competition to the city or verna.
maskebail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 17:33   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskebail View Post
They expect the price for slavia automatic to be 18-20L on road for 1.0 TSI base automatic(ambition variant) and 21-22L for top end and for the 1.5 TSI it would be in the range of 24L to 26L.
I seriously doubt this. As these price points, its more like a Octavia 3rd gen replacement rather than a Rapid replacement. Nothing in the static release indicated that the Slavia is intended/expected to be more premium than the CSUVs - the interiors and the general build/features were mostly at par with the CSUVs. Depending on market responses it may be positioned +- 50k to the CSUVs
ACe_10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 20:19   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskebail View Post
Just spoke to Skoda dealer in Bengaluru. They expect the price for slavia automatic to be 18-20L on road for 1.0 TSI base automatic(ambition variant) and 21-22L for top end and for the 1.5 TSI it would be in the range of 24L to 26L. As per them, slavia is not a replacement for rapid at all, it is rather positioned just under the Octavia /Superb and above the Rapid range.
Price announcement would be by mid Jan and vehicle would be available in showroom for test drives by Feb.
These prices seem to be on the higher side to me, (especially for the 1L turbo) but the dealer was pretty confident that these would be the prices as it's a premium offering and not targetted as a competition to the city or verna.
If they price 1.5 DSG at 25-26 then it opens up other options like XUV500 and Harrier etc. I might as well stretch a bit and go for an Octavia which has been the dream since a decade or so.
I drive a Jazz V CVT,which is my first car, and would consider Slavia over City when am in the market next year. No problems with Honda, I have had a great fuss free ownership and do not anyway take part in drag races but would want to have Slavia just to have the pleasure of driving experience associated with it.
Let's hope they price it around City.
Old 2nd January 2022, 21:15   #165
BHPian

Incidentally I met with PPA Skoda dealer on Bellary Road Bangalore. They claimed that the top end would be 18 Lakhs OTR which I found very difficult to believe even though it makes sense if they are competing against City. I specifically asked if this is ex-showroom price or OTR and they repeated it is OTR. They said the cars would be available for TDs in Feb and would have deliveries starting from March/April 2022.
ulag62442 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks