Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2021, 19:17   #106
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview

This may not be relevant to the topic of Slavia but I feel that a lot of Skoda owners like to call their cars as Germans whereas it's not. It's Czech. I am saying this not to downgrade anyone but give credit where there's due. If a Czech car company has made great strides in automotive world, we should acknowledge and respect them for what they are.
Old 27th November 2021, 19:21   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
This may not be relevant to the topic of Slavia but I feel that a lot of Skoda owners like to call their cars as Germans whereas it's not. It's Czech. I am saying this not to downgrade anyone but give credit where there's due. If a Czech car company has made great strides in automotive world, we should acknowledge and respect them for what they are.
I don’t think there is anything “Czech” about Skoda anymore. It’s a VW all the way, and a lot of research and development happens in many european countries for VW. So the right word would be “european” more than anything else.
motorworks is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 20:07   #108
BHPian

On the contrary, Skoda's plant at Mlada Boleslav in Czech Republic is where most of design and development happens.
Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot-20211127-7.47.12-pm.png

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot-20211127-7.47.23-pm.png

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot-20211127-7.47.36-pm.png
vivekshukla is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 21:02   #109
BHPian

Has Škoda updated their e-brochure to include variant wise detailed specs? I had downloaded it soon after the reveal date but didn’t have much variant wise details.

Thanks,
Old 27th November 2021, 22:26   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I don’t think there is anything “Czech” about Skoda anymore. It’s a VW all the way, and a lot of research and development happens in many european countries for VW. So the right word would be “european” more than anything else.
and Skoda rose to today's stature after VW took them over.They were really in doldrums at the time VW offered a rescue package.
das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 22:46   #111

A really bold move by VAG. Really happy that some people are still trying to bring back the sedan class😁
Freerevvingguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 23:59   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
On the contrary, Skoda's plant at Mlada Boleslav in Czech Republic is where most of design and development happens.
Engines : VW
Gearbox : VW
Chassis : VW

What development are you talking about ?

The core of all Skodas is German engineering ie VW - only the shell and interior design is different.
JishD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 09:45   #113
Tkm

I sincerely hope that Skoda-VAG hit the nail on the head with their aggressive India plan and don't exit the way Ford and chevrolet did. We need good cars and competition to have a mature market. Look at the US and China market. The difference between the Hondas, Toyotas and Hyundais abroad and in India is the power on offer. The Elantra on offer in US for example is madly powerful while we get a much much less peppy engine. Maybe costing is a big factor in play in India--the market is VERY price sensitive
Old 28th November 2021, 12:43   #114
BHPian

Could someone please confirm if Slavia is having more shoulder room in rear than Kushaq. I booked Creta and expecting delivery in JAN'22. Limited space in rear is the only reason for not going ahead with Kushaq/Taigun. If Slavia is having more space then I would definitely wait for it.
Old 28th November 2021, 12:52   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
Could someone please confirm if Slavia is having more shoulder room in rear than Kushaq.
Skoda's infographic shows it is likely, but only by a few mm (1427 against 1425!). Slavia is the widest in it's class, but may still have less shoulder room than a Creta, marginally more than Kushaq.

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-skoda_kushaq_dimensions.jpg

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-skoda_slavia_dimensions-1.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th November 2021 at 12:55.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 13:21   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Skoda's infographic shows it is likely, but only by a few mm (1427 against 1425!). Slavia is the widest in it's class, but may still have less shoulder room than a Creta, marginally more than Kushaq.
Thank you CrAzY dRiVeR. I took test drive of Taigun 1.0 AT before booking Creta. Though I liked Taigun more than any other car in that segment(didn't TD Kushaq since both are almost similar mechanically), due to space constraints I went ahead with Creta. Casually called up Skoda dealer to enquire about Slavia after it's unveil last week, he sent home a Kushaq 1.5 MT for test drive yesterday. After driving it I'm more inclined towards Skoda now. If a crossover can drive so well I can safely assume that Slavia will be much better. If I can get some solid information about rear space in Slavia I'm planning to cancel my booking for Creta. I have never put so much thought process in my life to make a decision - be it my career or even marriage

P.S: Mods please delete this post if this going offtopic.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 14:35   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
... If I can get some solid information about rear space in Slavia I'm planning to cancel my booking for Creta...
In addition to Aditya's observations in page 1 of this thread, there are a few video reviews as well as of the Slavia interiors which should give you a fair idea of rear space. You could take a look at them (eg. )
cogWheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 01:32   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
In addition to Aditya's observations in page 1 of this thread, there are a few video reviews as well as of the Slavia interiors which should give you a fair idea of rear space. You could take a look at them (eg. https://Youtu.be/aUQsdabCuIs )
Thank you for sharing this video. I've seen this video review before and going by his comments it looks like the space is similar to Kushaq. Even worse case is that headroom is less when compared with Kushaq due to Slavia's sloping roofline.
Old 30th November 2021, 10:12   #119
BHPian

These are the on road prices as per the dealer in Hyderabad. I cannot guarantee the genuineness of the claim. Believe at your own risk!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-price_image.jpeg  

Old 30th November 2021, 12:22   #120
Senior - BHPian

13.5L OTR is almost the same price of Honda City V manual and it is a better option if they can match the features.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks