Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2022, 18:48   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

dear all,

mahindra dispatches it's vehicles on due date itself. But dealers exercise discretion to allot your vehicles to someone else out-of-turn. Why mahindra tolerates this is beyond me ?? Why this ad-hoc, juvenile, misappropriation & lack of oversight on booking seniority beats me. But it seems to be a long-established company tradition and neither anand mahindra nor his chachu seem to be in any mood to correct it.
Old 8th June 2022, 23:25   #377

I am planning to book one and get in line. AX7L D AT Everest White. Request your suggestions on what is the best way to book - online, or dealer? Mumbai or my hometown in Jharkhand?
Old 13th June 2022, 17:38   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev_GT View Post
I am planning to book one and get in line. AX7L D AT Everest White. Request your suggestions on what is the best way to book - online, or dealer? Mumbai or my hometown in Jharkhand?
I visited my local Dealership today to check out the XUV700. The display car had a dead battery and hence neither could the car be started nor any functions or features demonstrated. The SA couldn't even open the tailgate. I was disappointed.

I then noticed this sign prominently displayed next to the XUV700

Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-whatsapp-image-20220613-5.10.43-pm.jpeg

After this kind of success, why would they care?

I booked the AX7L D AT in Dazzling Silver

Last edited by vikash49 : 13th June 2022 at 17:47.
vikash49 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 19:49   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
I booked the AX7L D AT in Dazzling Silver
Congratulations!
I too liked it, booked it, forgot about it!

Called Randhawa Motors Kalyan, and they promptly came home for a test drive in a black manual AX5, which had been upgraded to almost AX7. Took my whole family for test drive, parents liked the comfort and sunroof, my better half liked the safety features, my 2 year old slept peacefully in the 3rd row and I liked the power, driveability and features.

Booked an AX7L AWD Diesel Everest White. Now just need to go to cryo sleep and wake up after 92 weeks.
Dev_GT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 08:34   #380
BHPian

After a long wait, my dealer finally called me to confirm that my XUV 700 is on its way!

I had paid up advance booking amount close to the announcement last August and was on the official booking on 7th October for AX7 L AWD Diesel in Midnight Black colour.

The tentative delivery date assigned was Aug 17 to Sep 16 2022 (shown in portal in mid Dec). I saw many who booked with me and later (same model/variant) getting deliveries and was getting frustrated. My weekly calls to the dealer would end up getting the same assurances that the vehicle would be coming by end of month

Finally, just this past weekend I get a call from the sales rep that my car is being dispatched and should be reaching them in a couple of weeks. There is no update in the portal, but going by experiences of others, it is not that accurate anyway.

I'm hoping I can get the delivery of my XUV 700 soon!
Old 14th June 2022, 09:48   #381
BHPian

The entire XUV 7OO booking and delivery thread takes me back to the years when people used to wait in line for TV, gas connections, telephone, car or a Chetak scooter. There used to be a celebration at home once we had the article allotted and finally delivered which itself was another occasion. I really admire the patience of people willing to wait for 2 years after booking the vehicle, knowing fully well that the costs would probably be higher by about 2 lakhs by the time the product will be delivered
Palio_2005 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 15:47   #382
BHPian

Finally my car has reached the dealer stockyard. As expected the dealer is not letting me do a PDI, they want me to pay the ex-showroom price before letting me inspect the vehicle. This is at NBS, Mahindra @ Mumbai which is a company owned showroom. Any workarounds ? Any seniors at the dealership or Mahindra corporate I can escalate this to ? Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 17:51   #383
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Need advice from folks who have experience of booking XUV700 :
1) Does one need to specify Petrol/Diesel and transmission M/AT during booking ?
2) Also do we need to mention the variant and color like AX5 White etc during booking ?
Old 18th June 2022, 18:46   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
1) Does one need to specify Petrol/Diesel and transmission M/AT during booking ?
2) Also do we need to mention the variant and color like AX5 White etc during booking ?
AFAIK, at least variants details are always revealed before official bookings open. So yes, you will need to specify all the details while booking. Dealers start taking unofficial bookings at times before variant details are announced but even they would need you to specify the details before they can submit the booking to the company when official bookings open.
tarunjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 19:07   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
Yes. You have to mention color, transmission, variant, type of fuel and seats configuration..
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 09:48   #386
BHPian

Quick question for members - is it possible to get the vehicle by March-April 2023 if booking done sometime this month ? Interested in the AX7L petrol. Location -Bangalore .
Old 26th June 2022, 09:59   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
Finally my car has reached the dealer stockyard. As expected the dealer is not letting me do a PDI, they want me to pay the ex-showroom price before letting me inspect the vehicle. This is at NBS, Mahindra @ Mumbai which is a company owned showroom. Any workarounds ? Any seniors at the dealership or Mahindra corporate I can escalate this to ? Thanks
Yes this is the process they are enforcing. You can ask them for assurance that if there is an issue with the car during and after PDI, they should replace the vehicle.

Cheers!
Old 26th June 2022, 11:53   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Quick question for members - is it possible to get the vehicle by March-April 2023 if booking done sometime this month ? Interested in the AX7L petrol. Location -Bangalore .
There is a good chance that you may receive it this year itself. Petrol variants have relatively shorter waiting times more so after the supposedly disappointing real-world mileage figures of 7-8kmpl. If you are 100% decided on AX7L petrol, go ahead and book it at 2 dealerships to increase you chances of getting a cancelled allotment.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 12:35   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
If you are 100% decided on AX7L petrol, go ahead and book it at 2 dealerships to increase you chances of getting a cancelled allotment.
Thanks . Actually am not entirely sure with the petrol . My yearly run is around 5000-7000 kms(mostly city driving) and hence a diesel might not make sense . But that said diesel is attractive as it has more torque , better FE and driving modes and all this at a very less premium over the Petrol . But going by the experiences of other members it seems diesel AX7L has a long waiting time of about 1.5 years . Also to get a better idea ,I had registered interest with few dealers but haven’t received any phone calls yet . I will probably have to visit a dealer for back to back test drive both the models and also understand the waiting times for each .
Members - any suggestions for which dealer to approach in Bangalore ?
Old 26th June 2022, 13:03   #390
BHPian

If the real culprit for low production / high wait time is supply chain, it's high time Mahindra needs to come up with an alternate option. If not then TATA will launch Safari face-lift and pull customers who have wait time for more than year / year and a half.

I am sure Mahindra will have this in mind, but at the outset it looks like they being complacent. Mind you, the product which you produced is a killer, don't kill it.

I like this great saying by Henry Ford "Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks