Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2022, 21:55   #601
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota Innnova Hycross to be shared with Maruti Suzuki

- HyCross, which will also be the first Toyota product to be imbibed by Maruti Suzuki
- Maruti Suzuki will be allocated about 20 percent of the production volumes of the new HyCross for Maruti Suzuki to dip its toes in the premium MPV market
So Maruti Suzuki is going to try to sell a 30-40 Lakh car, I can only wish them good luck trying the same

For starters they still couldn’t dump their 2005 window switches, knobs and other bits and bobs, in 2022.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 22:01   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redohabitat View Post
Which are the lowest priced cars in our country that have ventilated seats for the rear passengers?
I believe that the Safari top end has ventilated seats for the rear passengers. While ventilated seats are a boon, especially in Indian conditions, proper execution by manufacturers is key to get any benefit at all. I’ve heard of a few new launches having weak ventilated seats that don’t help much.

But, I think that middle row ventilate seats could have been an option that should have been present for the very top variant.
kaushalswarup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 23:30   #603
Distinguished - BHPian

Made an online booking for the hybrid ZX model, the one without the ADAS features, in the new Blackish Ageha Glass Flake shade. That’s one fancy name for a colour. Online booking process is simple and straightforward, and confirmation mail from Toyota was received within 5 minutes of the payment being made. Fingers crossed for the pricing to be palpable.

Key features in the ZX hybrid over the VX hybrid

- covered wheel arches
- heat reflective windshield
- panoramic sunroof
- powered front seats with memory
- soft touch cabin with art leather seats
- automatic climate control, front and back
- 9 speaker JBL audio system with subwoofer
- bigger 10 inch touchscreen
- powered reclining rear seats with ottoman leg rest and adjustable arm rests
- 6 airbags

The current Crysta by virtue of its ladder chassis has nicely high set seats which result in excellent thigh support for the middle and third row. By the videos going around, this critical point somehow seems to have been compromised on the HyCross. Especially for the third row, where the seats look to be placed pretty low and the seating position seems rather knees up. Really hope that this is not the case and USP of the car remains unaffected.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 25th November 2022 at 23:48.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 23:37   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
.... ....How do they counter the hybrids? What's Hyundai and Kia going to do? .... Honda get some inspirations to reintroduce the CRV in hybrid. .
Hybrid vehicles will have a market during the transition phase between pure IC and pure electrics.

Hybrids with its battery pack, power generator, IC engine is complex with many components (more potential points of failure) and will be expensive to maintain in the longer run.

If the charging infra gets a monumental push like in China, then pure EVs is the right choice to transition from traditional fossil fuel engines. Hopefully the EV infra setup will accelerate in a couple of years.

Tata and Mahindra are ahead in the EV space for sure, while the Japs (Honda, Toyota) are betting on hybrids. Healthy competition is always welcome and benefits customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaitrey064 View Post
. As for the airbags, many of the well-rated cars in India have their crash-safety ratings for base variants ..
Somehow Toyota's safety commitment for Indian market is skeptical as they shy away from GNCAP ratings for Asian market targeted vehicles.
In contrast, look how solid the Camry that is sold in our market is built. It literally is well built to the core because it is primarily intended/designed to western safety standards. All the India specific offerings like Innova and Fortuner feels very flimsy in comparison to the Camry.

The efforts by Tata and Mahindra to launch 5 star safety rated vehicles for the Indian market is laudable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
It's a Toyota car and that too the next AVATAR of Innova, nothing can go wrong with it. ...
So even if Toyota prize it closer to Fortuner (taking care of Cannibalization), it will sell.
If Toyota re-introduces the Diesel automatic then I see no reason why I would spend 30-40% more money....
Diesel vehicles are definitely on its way out due to increasingly stringent regulations, sad but true, only a handful of very high end diesel hybrid offerings may last at the end of the decade. We never know what more illogical restrictions will be thrown at diesel vehicles in the name of environment in the near future that will make it extremely difficult for diesel private vehicles owned by common folks to run on our roads ( Old smoke spewing large commercial and other public diesel vehicles will continue to run without hassles though)

The Hycross looks like a good offering. Would have preferred the gear lever to be lower down in the traditional place and free some storage space below the dash.
Also the powered tail gate seems to be taking forever to open or close. Having a normal non-powered tail gate is a more hassle free and faster option.

The Hycross will be lapped up no matter the cost. It will definitely near the current Fortuner pricing and the upcoming new Fortuner with its new LC based platform will touch new dizzy price levels and still sell like hot cakes

Last edited by for_cars1 : 26th November 2022 at 00:00.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 23:52   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Same story here. Tried booking online but there was no dealer listed for Guwahati inspite of one being available here. So decided to call the dealer and was shocked when they said they are taking booking for 1Lac.

I then called Toyota Customer care was told that not all dealers are listed for online booking and that while online booking is 50k, however offline booking via dealer is indeed 1L. When I asked for the reason for this disparity, all I got was, "its as per policy, sir"! "Go figure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
I spoke to Lakozy Toyota here in Mumbai and the SA maintained the INR 100k booking amount. On asking about the online booking amount of INR 50k, he mentioned that they will be reaching out to the customers for additional INR 50k. The Hycross looks an awesome product and removes almost all the complaints I have from Innova. I am somehow resisting booking it right away, will sleep over this and take a call during the weekend. One observation - the AVN's resolution looks ordinary in one of the online reviews. Any inputs on the same from any fellow member who may have attended the unveiling.

They are just taking you for a ride.
I pre-booked a few days ago at a local dealership for 1 lakh. Called up the dealership and demanded 50k refund on booking price since it isn't 1l and they apologised, said it was some miscommunication and that they will refund it as soon as they can. I booked the same variant for 50k through the website and selected another dealership just in case the first one decides to pull some shady stuff or postpone allotment.

I swear to god, the kind of hoops we have to jump through just to get a car we are paying over the nose for these days...
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 00:10   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ1211 View Post
Going to be a smashing hit! Toyota should do what it does best and this is an example of that. Maruti derivatives doesn't exude Toyota reliability!
A deficit of 155 Nm of torque when compared to the diesel engine in CRYSTA makes all the difference. With the petrol price all set to touch Rs.120/- per litre and on road cost of the Hycross expected to be in the vicinity of 37 Lakhs or may be sometimes beyond, being a Toyota; it still does not make any economical sense to migrate to the Hybrid versions.

My question still remains, where will the 98% diesel Crysta customers migrate to? All who already own Innova diesel will continue to use it until the government norms force them to scrap it. How long will Toyota continue to sell the Crysta alongside the Hycross? I have not heard about any plans from Toyota to upgrade its diesel engine in Crysta to meet the RDE norms which comes into effect under BS6.2.

Certainly good times ahead for the XUV 7OO, the Safari and the Carens. Hope Mahindra and Tata will iron out all quality and reliability issues which frequently plague their products. Harrier / Safari will very soon get a mid-life update and both the desi manufacturers have incorporated provision for their engines ready for BS6.2. Let us also not forget about the "rumour" that Tata is developing its own 2.2 Litre diesel engine.

I would expect some features from the Carnival to filter down to the Carens. KIA can offer a luxury variant of the Carens at a premium pricing which will still be a whole lot cheaper than both the Crysta and the newly launched Hycross.

Last but not the least, Tata can rework and re-launch the HEXA and Mahindra can give a rebirth to the Marazzo similar to what Tata had done to the Aria. Marazzo is an underrated product, however Mahindra has in its arsenal a pair of fantastic engines that can be easily engineered to fit in the Marazzo; while at the same time can straightforwardly do with a full revamp of the interiors with all the required features.

Opportunities are many for these manufacturers but will they wake up and grab them is what remains to be seen.

HYCROSS may sell because of its Toyota badge, however I personally do not feel it would be a smash hit as it loses the running cost advantage of a Hybrid because of the pricing from Toyota along with the future price of petrol.
Adorablejim is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 00:50   #607
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Which are the lowest priced cars in our country that have ventilated seats for the rear passengers?
None I can think of. If I remember correctly, no Germans apart from 7 and S class gets rear ventilation. Even within Toyota, only the Vellfire gets. LC200 doesn’t and nor does most of the SUVs from BMW or Mercedes.

I think this has to do something technologically, it must be expensive to route the vents in the rear seat’s beside, rear seats are mostly Not used by owners in most markets.

We have come this far that Innova gets front vents which are missing in most Germans including 3,5 and X models ( except X7 that gets front ) Even on CBUs it’s always a paid option. So let’s give them the credit where due. Hope in the future, as our market size grows, manufacturers add such features.
Turbanator is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 01:23   #608
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
None I can think of. If I remember correctly, no Germans apart from 7 and S class gets rear ventilation. Even within Toyota, only the Vellfire gets. LC200 doesn’t and nor does most of the SUVs from BMW or Mercedes.
Top end 6-seater variants of Tata Safari have it.

Last edited by ashis89 : 26th November 2022 at 01:24.
ashis89 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 01:34   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
None I can think of. If I remember correctly, no Germans apart from 7 and S class gets rear ventilation.
I don't know if this counts, but the new Safari has ventilated seats in the second row. With the rise in competition of giving more features, there is a possibility that other manufactures may quickly follow suit.
Rshreyansh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 02:36   #610
Team-BHP Support

^^
Thanks for correction but it’s more like an exception rather a feature in this or even two- three segments above.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 02:58   #611
BHPian

These are just my thoughts, not related to the Hycross but wanted to know what others think - Will the higher taxation on Hybrids be sorted out soon like by next budget?

Now Toyota and Maruti have already invested into hybrids and launched the products as well. Their strategies must be aligned with such a move that will benefit hybrids. Right from Maruti abandoning their Diesel engine, the deep tie-up with Toyota which setup a new hybrid powertrain plant and next-gen Swift getting the hybrid option, all of these look to be pieces falling into place.

The direction these 2 leading automakers chose to skirt aside EVs and push hybrids is definitely a long term vision so it’s likely most of their future range will offer Hybrid options. Now is it that these giants just randomly chose a path where higher taxation of hybrids will continue to exist? OR taxes on hybrids will reduce and they just happen to be ready with hybrid portfolios, production capacity and a couple of years of head-start
aa1997 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 08:01   #612
BHPian

Any information on compatibility with 20% ethanol blended-petrol ? The news about ethanol blending program keeps popping up every now and then.
JayG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 08:44   #613
BHPian

Booked Innova HyCross ZX(0) - Viva Toyota!

Own a Skoda Rapid 2011 (1.6 Petrol Ambition) recently changed foot ware/Suspension and Fuel Injectors! all close to 70K. Its done 80K Kms on ODO. I was one of the first customers to book Skoda with horror customer stories and just loved the car (post test ride)

One word, It drives, butter smooth!

Booked & Cancelled
Hyrder (Boot Space)

I wanted a upgrade and smooth ownership experience; always wanted a Toyota and Innova esp for the Highway Drive (do plenty Hyd-Blr mostly).

Followed the Indonesia Launch the Ottoman & entertainment screen made me feel the pricing will move close to Carnival Territory am still quite skeptical on the OTR in Bengaluru.

I am prepared to be shocked with some unreasonable Toyota Pricing! but, i give it to Toyota they seem to have looked at customer feedback well and all the issues i have with Innova seem to have just been addressed to specific to me!

Design - WoW
Needed - Hybrid - Eco running + City Traffic
All the standard Gizmos (Less ADAS, am no fan even on Highway use)

If budget is not an issue other than how the colors will look in person am finding it hard to eek out a miss with the new Innova or is this an inital euphoria.

Of-course final decision after T-BHP drive review!:

Last edited by Eddy : 26th November 2022 at 09:42. Reason: Not more than two smilies per post please. Thanks.
LL4X4 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 08:44   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorablejim View Post
A deficit of 155 Nm of torque when compared to the diesel engine in CRYSTA makes all the difference.
The Diesel Innova delivers 345 NM torque. The petrol motor is the Hycross Hybrid delivers 190 NM torque. So the difference in torque delivered from the IC engines is indeed 190NM.

However, what you are missing is the torque delivered from the electric motor. That delivers 210 NM of peak torque! This 210 NM is available from zero rpm whereas the Diesel has to spin up to 1500 rpm to generate its peak torque.

Due to the combined power of the engine and motor, I am pretty sure the Hycross will feel even more sprightly from the get go. This is similar to the experience of road test folks comparing the Hyryder hybrid with similar diesel midsize SUVs such as the Creta Diesel.

This kinetic advantage will prevail at higher speeds too - The Crysta 2.4 Diesel AT does 0-100 in 13.3 seconds while the Hycross hybrid does the same in 9.5 seconds! The Innova Diesel AT gives 10-11 kpl in city while the Innova Hycross will give 20 kpl. In terms of comfort, many of my German colleagues who visit us here find the Diesel Innova's ladder frame chassis to be very uncomfortable, since it causes a lot of irregular movement of the passenger cabin - front to back, up and down and laterally as well. They have, in fact, specifically made a standing request to avoid Innova for their office commute and asked for a petrol Ertiga whenever they are here. The Hycross will have a much more.planted and calm ride due to the monocoque construction. So on all parameters, whether it be acceleration, fuel efficiency or comfort, the Hycross will be way ahead of the Crysta.

The ones missing out on the torque will be taxi operators - Toyota has unfortunately only offered the NA petrol option for fleet, which will feel slow compared to today's diesel Innova taxis we are so used to.This may not be a bad thing - I often have my heart in my mouth on long distance journeys when these Innova taxi drivers step on it like maniacs, overtaking anything in sight, while the rear passengers quiver in fear due to all the intense pitching, shaking and swaying that accompanies such a drive.

My guess is Toyota will phase out the Diesel Innova by mid or late 2023. It is only there as a bridge until the positive word of mouth about the fuel efficiency, comfort, and acceleration of the hybrids gets around and te market shift happens at scale.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 26th November 2022 at 08:51.
84.monsoon is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 09:04   #615
Senior - BHPian

With the top model coming with ADAS, an important question for city users like me would be can the Emergency Braking feature of the ADAS can be switched off? And can it be done permanently?
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks