Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2023, 15:54   #361
BHPian

Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
Anyone knows if any dealers in Bangalore have started taking bookings for Elevate? The Honda website was of no use.

On similar note, any decent, reliable Honda dealers towards North or East Bangalore?
Please contact Sindhu from Magnum Honda, Kanakpura road, Bangalore. As far as I know, they might be taking the bookings now.

Regards
Naparajito is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 23:52   #362

Siddharth Vinayak Patankar (ex C&B show) did a poll on Twitter and this is the result

Hope Honda lives upto the expectation!!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-screenshot_2023051223460749_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg  

sarwahi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 11:07   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearup_1111 View Post
I have 2018 city it does not has any sign of rust however my 2014 city used to have rust on bottom of the doors.
Thats a concern. I have a 2015 Grand i10 and it does not have any problems with rusting so far but I live in the north eastern part of India where the climate is mild and the water used is generally fresh water so its difficult to establish whether the problem is with the brand qualtity or the culprit is environmental factors. How is the build quality of your Honda city holding up, any significant rattles or body sounds?
Old 15th May 2023, 13:40   #364
BHPian

Honda India have shared another teaser image of the Elevate on their social media platforms!

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-screenshot_20230515_133656_instagram.jpg
dazdandconfuzd is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 13:51   #365
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazdandconfuzd View Post
Honda India have shared another teaser image of the Elevate on their social media platforms!

Attachment 2451575
Creta-1, Elevate- 0.

Why is Honda making the same mistake as the VAGs by not giving a panoramic sunroof? The design though, from what can be seen, looks smart.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 14:14   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Creta-1, Elevate- 0.

Why is Honda making the same mistake as the VAGs by not giving a panoramic sunroof? The design though, from what can be seen, looks smart.
I hope they make the sun roof optional. We have no use for it in India
SedateGuy is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 14:20   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
Totally Agree with you. Have a Taigun which has sunroof and have not used it once. It's only good where daylight is low and temperature is lower. It's a useless feature in tropical country like India but people totally misuse it by sticking their head out and show-off.
CarguyNish is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 14:25   #368
BHPian

These small sunroofs are completely useless (except for letting out warm air). It's either no sunroof or panoramic sunroof - no in between.

I am sure half of the creta sales are just by buyers who want panoramic sunroofs and Hyundai played their cards well by offering it in the second top variant as well, even though they had to cut on the safety features for that. A panoramic sunroof and an imposing road presence, that is all a mango customer wants in the segment.

Being a Honda fan, I am disappointed Honda ain't coming all guns blazing :(
Candy$Cars is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 14:45   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Creta-1, Elevate- 0.

I’m sorry if i have missed this somewhere, but I believe Honda has not explicitly stated anywhere if the Elevate is a sub 4m SUV like the Sonet, Nexon or if its actually a Creta rival.

I think its always been assumptions from various sources that led to this conclusion that the Elevate is a Creta rival.

What if the Elevate is actually a sub 4m SUV? I actually think this logic makes sense since Honda was always going to tap into a modified Amaze platform for this compact crossover.
Hence, the reason for a regular sunroof ( just an assumption ).

Not that the panaromic sunroof is a mandatory feature, but Skoda and VW brought turbo petrols and 5 star crash ratings as their own USP and I’m quite sure Honda is not bringing a turbo petrol. With regard to the crash rating, well historically Honda has not really talked about such safety standards or ratings.

So, no turbo petrol, no 5 star crash rating, no panaromic sunroof, no hybrid and no diesel as well. And if the Elevate is indeed a Creta rival, then Honda has brought a knife to a gunfight!

Last edited by motorworks : 15th May 2023 at 14:46.
motorworks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 15:18   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
Unless you really want Honda to fail even more and eventually shut shops here! Panoramic sunroofs are one of the top reasons why Creta , Hector faced so much success and traditional feature skimpy companies like Maruti and Toyota introduced it in their Hybrid twins. Astor and upcoming Seltos facelift too has Panoramic Sunroofs. Heck even Innova got in Hycross avatar. Our Desi carmakers have seen sales boost due to that large pane of glass- Safari Harrier Xuv700 - all have panoramic sunroofs and with great acceptance
Just see the fate of 1500 units per month company - the VW twins! Absence of pano roofs is surely a major reason of their sales failure.
Whether one likes it or not - sunroofs in India can surely make or break a car now! In North India atleast, I feel like people buy car because of the panoroof and not the other way round. Cars are aspirational and when it comes to Indian SUV buyers, practicality is often shadowed by wants, bling features and yes - by a Sunroof (bigger the better)
AMG1 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 15:28   #371
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2451575
On zooming in, I can faintly make out a red outline at rear, which possibly looks like a full length rear Led bar, connecting both brake lamps..

Last edited by Caffeinated : 15th May 2023 at 15:34.
Caffeinated is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 15:42   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Creta-1, Elevate- 0.

I recall reading somewhere that it is due to some design constraints in their panoramic sunroof which they already have, forcing them to use a single pane sunroof. If the rumours of hybrid getting delayed are true, I hope they use that opportunity to design and test the panoramic sunroof.
ergon_9700 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 15:51   #373
BHPian

I wish there was a bird-eye image of the current Honda WRV that sells in Indonesia. The creases have such an uncanny resemblance to the teaser image shared by Honda India.

Honda WRV Indonesia link for reference.

Quote:

Attachment 2451575
Attached Thumbnails
Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-honda-wrv-indonesia.jpg  

Animesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 16:07   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
I wish there was a bird-eye image of the current Honda WRV that sells in Indonesia. The creases have such an uncanny resemblance to the teaser image shared by Honda India.

Honda WRV Indonesia link for reference.

Nope , the outside mirrors are on the shoulders for ELEVATE, also ELEVATE got a rear quarter glass which is not present in WRV.
TorqueIndia is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 16:12   #375
BHPian

I can clearly see the Rear Quarter glass on WRV. And about the Mirror, it looks the same. Honda needs to release more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Nope , the outside mirrors are on the shoulders for ELEVATE, also ELEVATE got a rear quarter glass which is not present in WRV.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks