Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2023, 14:04   #391
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vizag
Posts: 2,508
Thanked: 3,158 Times
Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
For me it's the Honda name tag is enough. I rejected Creta/Seltos because of safety rating. Hyryder/Grand Vitara due to interior and not enough space to accommodate 3 in rear. Kushak and Taigun looks like glorified hatchback and not trusting VW service. Compass is too costly and Harrier is still not niggle free. Xuv700 has become too costly. Astor is not being delivered and Hector is boat like.
You stole my words. Ditto here like you and others who agreed with you. Never liked any Korean offerings. It has to be Japanese or Tata/Mahindra for me, in India. No Korean/European/American for me ( BTW, I can well afford any ). I'm not in market for an ICE SUV right now but if I were, I would have closed my eyes and picked up Elevate 1.5 NA CVT. BTW, I am eyeing EVs.

I also agree sunroofs are not so good, in India. I had a thing for them but realized you quickly outgrow them. Spoke to a few who didn't use more than 4/5 times in initial few months. And, never after that. Thereafter, it's all maintenance hassle and rainwater-leak worries.
pgsagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 14:30   #392
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 93
Thanked: 186 Times
Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post

I also agree sunroofs are not so good, in India. I had a thing for them but realized you quickly outgrow them. Spoke to a few who didn't use more than 4/5 times in initial few months. And, never after that. Thereafter, it's all maintenance hassle and rainwater-leak worries.
Sunroof is by default made available only in top variant. So if i want a specific feature (say ventilated seats) , i have to live with sunroof

If Honda elevate hybrid can address key shortcomings of Hyryder hybrid, it will out-sell rivals.

1. 4 cylinder engine with low NVH
2. Proper flat boot
baarish84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 14:57   #393
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 71
Thanked: 166 Times
Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarish84 View Post
Sunroof is by default made available only in top variant. So if i want a specific feature (say ventilated seats) , i have to live with sunroof

If Honda elevate hybrid can address key shortcomings of Hyryder hybrid, it will out-sell rivals.

1. 4 cylinder engine with low NVH
2. Proper flat boot
Well since it is being speculated that the Elevate is based on the City platform, the engines are the same as the City both petrol and Hybrid which are 4 cylinder ones, we can guarantee low NVH.

Regarding the boot, it all depends on the battery pack package by Honda.
ergon_9700 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 15:52   #394
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 67
Thanked: 218 Times
Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarish84 View Post
Sunroof is by default made available only in top variant. So if i want a specific feature (say ventilated seats) , i have to live with sunroof
I don't know why TBhpians are so against sunroofs. Yes everyone has an opinion. But calling sunroofs as useless in India is just WRONG, in my opinion. I live in Delhi NCR and USE SUNROOF for atleast 5-6 months in a year. I don't even remember when I closed the shade in those winter months. The light in the cabin, the view above just makes the experience so much better. I'd never buy a car worth so much Without a sunroof. It clearly sells too. I just can't wrap my head around these opinions here on this platform and it also makes me understand the leadership in some of these failing auto companies who are not providing panoramic sunroofs or sunroofs in their vehicles.
RaiAnish is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 16:28   #395
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Kohima
Posts: 42
Thanked: 145 Times
Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiAnish View Post
I don't know why TBhpians are so against sunroofs. Yes everyone has an opinion. But calling sunroofs as useless in India is just WRONG, in my opinion. I live in Delhi NCR and USE SUNROOF for atleast 5-6 months in a year. I don't even remember when I closed the shade in those winter months. The light in the cabin, the view above just makes the experience so much better. I'd never buy a car worth so much Without a sunroof. It clearly sells too. I just can't wrap my head around these opinions here on this platform and it also makes me understand the leadership in some of these failing auto companies who are not providing panoramic sunroofs or sunroofs in their vehicles.
I dont think our fellow BHPians are against sunroofs per se. Its useful for some and useless to others in terms of preference. I think the point being made is that it should not be made an unavoidable feature on the vehicle being sought after. A sunroof is something that is part of the structural make up of a car and it cannot be installed and uninstalled like other accessories.

There should be an option to avoid it if people want to pay for top trim features but dont want the hassles of the sunroof. It should be reserved for some 'special edition' or 'X-Line' series over and above the standard trims for people who find it useful or appealing so that their demands are also catered to.
TribalRoar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 16:45   #396
BHPian
 
ron178's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: India
Posts: 953
Thanked: 4,756 Times
Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
I can clearly see the Rear Quarter glass on WRV. And about the Mirror, it looks the same. Honda needs to release more.
That is not a quarter glass in the WR-V but the rear door handle housing, like the Altroz and Swift. In the Elevate a glass pane is visible and there is clearly a regular pull-type door handle on the body panel of the rear door.

And the WR-V's wing mirror is on the fender like in most cars while the Elevate's is on the driver's door panel, which suggests it might indeed be based on the City and not the Amaze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
The more i see Honda elevate it seems to be combination of Honda Wrv & Honda Hrv sold in Thailand
Interesting difference is that while in the WR-V and HR-V the upper and lower window lines both taper and then converge at a point, in the Elevate the lower window line smoothly tapers but the upper one is more or less horizontal then takes a sharp turn to meet with the lower line.
Name:  ihavewaytoomuchfreetime.png
Views: 612
Size:  32.9 KB
ron178 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 18:13   #397
BHPian
 
RedMaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Vellore
Posts: 94
Thanked: 388 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
You said "Xuv700 has become too costly.", do you think Elevate will be any different, especially knowing Honda pricing strategy?
Knowing Honda they will overprice it, and pack it with half a decade old features. But I am hopeful that new management will be reasonable as evident from the fact they are introducing Elevate here, a entirely new car in India, after sleep walking for so many years.
RedMaw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 18:32   #398
Senior - BHPian
 
CarguyNish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: IN
Posts: 1,114
Thanked: 5,152 Times
Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
Knowing Honda they will overprice it, and pack it with half a decade old features. But I am hopeful that new management will be reasonable as evident from the fact they are introducing Elevate here, a entirely new car in India, after sleep walking for so many years.
IMO, all the necessary features will be there, but some key features will be given a miss I guess.

Like Fully Digital Instrument Cluster (Coz city doesn't get one)
Ventilated & Powered Seats
Heads-up Display
Rear Side Window Blinds
Cornering Lights
Multi Color Ambient Lighting
Surround View Camera (Will likely get Lane Watch Camera)
And so on..

Basically, the Unique features that you see in Creta and Seltos won't be available in Elevate.

What it'll do well is in packaging, it'll be practical, spacious, good ride and handling, and a DOHC 1.5 iVTEC with efficient CVT gearbox and a 6 speed manual.

Let's wait and watch.
CarguyNish is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 20:23   #399
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Chennai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 183 Times
Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
For me it's the Honda name tag is enough. I rejected Creta/Seltos because of safety rating. Hyryder/Grand Vitara due to interior and not enough space to accommodate 3 in rear. Kushak and Taigun looks like glorified hatchback and not trusting VW service. Compass is too costly and Harrier is still not niggle free. Xuv700 has become too costly. Astor is not being delivered and Hector is boat like.
Absolutely. For me, that badge is enough. We have a City at home which parents use, and I would be very happy to pick this up as my first car.
And yes, I don't find any utility for a panoramic sunroof, it seems gimmicky and I am glad Honda is not offering it.
HartBandit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 12:40   #400
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 15
Thanked: 18 Times
Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Boy they have listed all bells and whistles. Frankly I dont believe it
https://www.instagram.com/p/CsTZVDnhxzr/
PragRunner is offline  
Old 17th May 2023, 13:23   #401
BHPian
 
albertprince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: KL-78
Posts: 105
Thanked: 323 Times
Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but I feel like Elevate will be very similar to Honda HRV 2023 China specific version.

Check out the HRV Page from Honda China website :
https://www.dongfeng-honda.com/car/hr-v/HEV/

Attaching some pictures of the car here. Apart from a larger sunroof on Chinese version, everything else seems to fall in place.

I am hoping that our version will look more muscular, but based on this version.

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-64391a9a6e79a.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-carcolor2.png

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-64391ac1745c7.jpg

Last edited by albertprince : 17th May 2023 at 13:27.
albertprince is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 13:30   #402
Senior - BHPian
 
DicKy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Thiruvanthapuram
Posts: 3,564
Thanked: 10,407 Times
Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PragRunner View Post
Boy they have listed all bells and whistles. Frankly I dont believe it
https://www.instagram.com/p/CsTZVDnhxzr/
Looks like Motorbeam just put together a list of the popular features that the competition has, though they have wisely avoided some stand out features cause they know Honda will be stingy on features.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 14:06   #403
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: India
Posts: 22
Thanked: 144 Times
Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertprince View Post
I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but I feel like Elevate will be very similar to Honda HRV 2023 China specific version.
The Chinese version is actually based on the HRV sold in the USA, but with a slightly reworked front and rear end. Whereas the Elevate's C panel doesn't have an additional glass like the Chinese and US version and seems slightly smaller.

USA HRV:
Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-americanhondahrv4.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-americanhondahrv8.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-americanhondahrv2.jpg

Elevate:

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-3.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-2-1.jpg

Let's hope it isn't too small in size and has good road presence.

Image Sources:
Team BHP
CarExpert

Last edited by libranof1987 : 17th May 2023 at 16:23. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags
MrEnthusiast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 14:27   #404
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 218
Thanked: 628 Times
Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PragRunner View Post
Boy they have listed all bells and whistles. Frankly I dont believe it
https://www.instagram.com/p/CsTZVDnhxzr/
The caption reads "We expect Honda to launch the car with these features and engine options". So, its a clickbait
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 15:02   #405
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 15
Thanked: 18 Times
Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
The caption reads "We expect Honda to launch the car with these features and engine options". So, its a clickbait
Indeed. I didnt catch that "expect" part.
PragRunner is offline  
Closed Thread

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks